What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GI to the Broncos

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
and what has happened behind the scenes since then? what happened before that year? i think you'll find that your discussion with macavity was regarding season '09, not season '08 (which is the year referenced in that article).

you know f**k all, and it would be best if you relied less on google and the papers for your knowledge, because it makes you look dumb, ignorant and naive to the people who know a little more than what is drip fed to the masses.

You should stick to poorly thought out demotivational pictures.

macavity

Referee
Know my own club just fine thanks.

All I have said "with authority" about the broncos is that the deal stinks, that broncomerkins aren't funny, and that everyone associated with that abortion of a club should be put up against a wall and shot.

perverse

Referee
Dude, you're embarassing yourself

Now shut up
don't you just wish that things you said suddenly became true? it could be like a super power or something, right?

i'm not embarrassing myself... embarrassing myself would be taking 3 attempts just to get a motivator to look right so i could try and "own" someone. embarrassing myself would be arguing on a topic i know nothing about with someone who quite obviously does know what he's talking about, straight from the source. embarrassing myself would be pretending to be the embarrassment assessment squad and telling people to shut up...

oh shi-... wait a minute...
Frank Grimes said:
You mean like "scrimping and saving"?

Idiot.
the sheer scale of how badly you just got shown up isn't done any justice by mere words... and yet this is the best you can come up with? wat?
Frank Grimes said:
You should stick to poorly thought out demotivational pictures.
it's good to see you sticking to the consumption of copious amounts of phallus. focus on your strengths and you'll go far.

if only your mothers explored options like birth control or pregnancy termination... or were hit by buses whilst carrying you two.

Last edited:

lockyrulz

Juniors
Know my own club just fine thanks.

All I have said "with authority" about the broncos is that the deal stinks, that broncomerkins aren't funny, and that everyone associated with that abortion of a club should be put up against a wall and shot.

Oh ffs you are a sad deluded genius.

you are an ignorant hick from hicksville whose brain is as drug addled as the club he supports.

You have nfi about the inner working of the broncos the knights or any other damn club.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
the sheer scale of how badly you just got shown up isn't done any justice by mere words... and yet this is the best you can come up with? wat?

it's good to see you sticking to the consumption of copious amounts of phallus. focus on your strengths and you'll go far.

if only your mothers explored options like birth control or pregnancy termination... or were hit by buses whilst carrying you two.

Wow you totally pwns teh interweb!!!11111oneoneone.

If only conversing like a webspeak savvy knowall actually convinced anyone that you are worth more than a distracted glance.

If only...

gUt

Coach
Well that explains the rampant crime and drug cultures at the Newcastle "club". Low socioeconomic conditions combined with rampant boredom and lack of opportunities for a meaningful existence, along with enviously watching the success and lavish lifestyles of players from clubs such as Canberra and Penrith, low life expectancy and despair of having no future thanks to breathing nothing but toxic fumes and coal dust and a general need to escape from it all are reasons - but not excuses - for such a lowly mindset to take root.

Big Pete

Referee

And yet everything associated with the Broncos is better than Newcastle.

don't you just wish that things you said suddenly became true? it could be like a super power or something, right?

i'm not embarrassing myself... embarrassing myself would be taking 3 attempts just to get a motivator to look right so i could try and "own" someone. embarrassing myself would be arguing on a topic i know nothing about with someone who quite obviously does know what he's talking about, straight from the source. embarrassing myself would be pretending to be the embarrassment assessment squad and telling people to shut up...

oh shi-... wait a minute...

internet_serious_business_framed.jpg

perverse

Referee
Wow you totally pwns teh interweb!!!11111oneoneone.

If only conversing like a webspeak savvy knowall actually convinced anyone that you are worth more than a distracted glance.

If only...
If only getting out-interneted by me strengthened your argument in this thread...

If only...

at least you've been reduced to one of the lowest common denominators, playing the nerd card. nestled tightly in the deck between the "post count" card and the "i was baiting you" card.
gUt said:
Well that explains the rampant crime and drug cultures at the Newcastle "club". Low socioeconomic conditions combined with rampant boredom and lack of opportunities for a meaningful existence, along with enviously watching the success and lavish lifestyles of players from clubs such as Canberra and Penrith, low life expectancy and despair of having no future thanks to breathing nothing but toxic fumes and coal dust and a general need to escape from it all are reasons - but not excuses - for such a lowly mindset to take root.
ahhh... home sweet home.

could you do me a favour, though? next time you try and rubbish a town for being socioeconomically poor, please use better grammar and/or punctuation than the products of the town you are trying to rubbish. all i'm asking for is a couple of full stops. that last sentence (most of your post) was like a marathon... and it bodes poorly for your argument if you look dumber than those you are trying to slander.

maybe try another post and i can grade it for you, it can be like a game! you get an A for effort, but an E+ at best for execution at this stage.

Big Pete said:
And yet everything associated with the Broncos is better than Newcastle.
i think i might actually change my tact a little for a moment and contribute to the subject at hand...

i don't really agree with macavity and his bronco hatred (well, off the field anyway... i'll always have a healthy amount of scorn for the broncos on the park). i think that they are generally a beacon of success in our competition as far as the off field stuff goes, and all other clubs should look to emulate their success. being a one-town-team should not detract too much from said success, because even in such a seemingly easy market, it can be executed poorly - as many clubs have illustrated in the past. as far as GI goes in all this, i certainly don't hold it against Brisbane for being successful - or players like GI wishing to be a part of that. once again it's a situation that all clubs should strive for... and in a salary cap age, it's just another one of the ways a club can distinguish itself from the rest. this situation is an example of that advantage.

if there is anything fishy at all about the deal, which i don't really wish (or have any desire) to speculate on, i'm sure it'll get picked up and dealt with eventually.

Last edited:

gUt

Coach
could you do me a favour, though? next time you try and rubbish a town for being socioeconomically poor, please use better grammar and/or punctuation than the products of the town you are trying to rubbish. all i'm asking for is a couple of full stops. that last sentence (most of your post) was like a marathon...

Fair enough but I was rubbishing the club, not the town.

and it bodes poorly for your argument if you look dumber than those you are trying to slander.

I will use fullstops when you use capitals, Professor English.

some11

Referee
after being shown up by perverse in forum skillz I humbly bow out of this thread, may god have mercy on your souls.