What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GI to the Broncos

macavity

Referee
The Knights reported a profit of $116,408 in 2009.

Cry poor somewhere else.

by scrimping and saving on EVERYTHING.

If uncle bruno can lecture clubs how to "maximise" the salary cap, our CEO could certainly show them how to live within their means.

Maybe he should start with Melbourne.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
by scrimping and saving on EVERYTHING.

If uncle bruno can lecture clubs how to "maximise" the salary cap, our CEO could certainly show them how to live within their means.

Maybe he should start with Melbourne.

LMAO. Scrimping and saving? What does he do? Clump all the little slivers of soap together to make one big ball? Does he run around the stadium switching off lights after people leave the room?

I'm quite sure you have no idea about how the Newcastle Knights as a business is run, but your assertion certainly was entertaining.

some11

Referee
macavity.jpg

kickback

Juniors
This thread is a classic, how did newcastle even get bought up? cant be bothered reading all the rest of the dribble that goes on on this site these days. GI wanted to come to a club that can at least make the playoffs for the last 19 years in a row, a club with spirt a club that never lays down and blames another club, all the rest of this bullsh*t is just from little school boys on this site that dont know how business works in this day an age. Cant wait for friday night when we but the last bullet of into Newcastles season.

perverse

Referee
first sh*tty attempt:
second sh*tty attempt, expect moderation at this point:
i'm sorry that your lilliputian intellect couldn't wrangle it... but mine is far more apt than yours in objective, context and humour. you have also f**ked up your first attempt by having the bottom cut off it.. and you've f**ked up your second attempt by making it from the uncensored version (which will be moderated before long). try not being sh*t before you attempt to piss in my cereal.

i'd actually love to hear you try and justify why i'm doing it wrong.

maybe lucky number 3 will work for you. you go and waste a little more of your time trying to burn me while i continue about my evening, being awesome and such. if you're really lucky i might even come back again to tell you how stupid and bad at internets you are after you have another crack.

Last edited:

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
seriously, my sides are splitting.

The joke's on you though. A simple 30sec google search proves you have no idea how the Knights are run:

"Rather than scrimp and save every penny by slashing budgets and reeling in expenses, Burraston did the opposite. He stood up fearlessly.

Ignoring the $1.3 million loss in 2007, he threw an additional $500,000 at the football budget to hire more staff, improve training and rehab facilities to give the revamped team every chance to perform."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/knights-rise-after-upheaval/story-e6frep8f-1111116680533

perverse

Referee
The joke's on you though. A simple 30sec google search proves you have no idea how the Knights are run:

"Rather than scrimp and save every penny by slashing budgets and reeling in expenses, Burraston did the opposite. He stood up fearlessly.

Ignoring the $1.3 million loss in 2007, he threw an additional $500,000 at the football budget to hire more staff, improve training and rehab facilities to give the revamped team every chance to perform."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/knights-rise-after-upheaval/story-e6frep8f-1111116680533
and what has happened behind the scenes since then? what happened before that year? i think you'll find that your discussion with macavity was regarding season '09, not season '08 (which is the year referenced in that article).

you know f**k all, and it would be best if you relied less on google and the papers for your knowledge, because it makes you look dumb, ignorant and naive to the people who know a little more than what is drip fed to the masses.

Last edited:

macavity

Referee

We have the least off-field staff in the NRL, and they are paid peanuts. Our marketing department is also our ticketing, membership, merchandise and retail departments - and it is all the same bloke. Early days, but we are working on some novel ticketing schemes and community partnerships that could really kick us along nicely.

The CRL pays for our reserve grade side, and our (rented) headquarters are in converted squash courts.

We bumped spending on the first grade side in 2008 under Smith - but it was from a ridiculously low base and has hardly continued on.

We have got a sweatheart deal for training infrastructure, but we lack most of the gadgets and research facilities that most clubs take for granted.

I am damn proud of the fact we have kept a team on the park for the past 22 years, let alone won a couple of premierships. We were slowly getting ahead until Superleague and a terrible decision to buy a licensed club nearly sunk us.

We are again (just) in the black but need to sort out our (worst in the league) stadium deal to really make any sort of headway in paying down our retained debts. We are projecting a surplus of 50-150k for the year, but depending on gate takings over the last two games it could be a small loss or in the 200s.

Anything else you want to know about?

Don't crap on about things you know nothing about, dickwad.