What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Giant gun Jason Saab to ditch Mary’s Dragons as rivals circle

thebigredv

First Grade
A friend just text me this
Gordon says its the players not the coach
Ouch

It boils down to McGregor but you can't deny that some key players in particular could have better attitudes, show more professionalism and just plain skill at times. They seem to love their excuses as much as the one they call coach. Everyone gets off easy.

BLM01

First Grade
It boils down to McGregor but you can't deny that some key players in particular could have better attitudes, show more professionalism and just plain skill at times. They seem to love their excuses as much as the one they call coach. Everyone gets off easy.
I disagree. Players can not speak out loud and say their piece at NRL level becuase of media internally and externally
And Yes players should just put in and respect the coach and suck it up. Thats is how I viewed it and expected to be treated.
But when that respect has been jeopardised over and over..just like a job...there becomes a point of no return.
In all team sports if a few are disheartened it brings the rest down with them.
I will not judge the players anymore until they are under a different coach...not even Norman.
No one player can spark 50% of a disenchanted, disenfranchised distant team
Mary said it himself...they are like strangers out there
The only way players can voice an opinion these days collectively is on field or with their feet..and they are shouting
The BOD will eventually succumb

Last edited:

rasaint

Juniors
Hey All we can get very excited about juniors coming through ( myself included).

Jason is 19years old and given a shot at nrl last year at 18 and went pretty good in a team not playing well. He has suffered a number of injuries I understand and needed a significant shoulder problem fixed up off season.

Now 3 games in 2020 at 19 years old he wants out after signing a deal to 2022.

Will he turn out a Tupou type or a fizzer? It seems that he/ maybe family/ agent etc are getting jumpy with the club environment at the moment or a few Other clubs are quietly putting in little jabs to his agent? to get him to ask for release?

I truly expected he would get a run soon in NRL and this will settle down. I saw all the hype on Zac Lomax ( still continues) and he has been solid but unremarkable in 22 NRL games. He is now on huge length contract at high $$.

It is a bit of a lottery.

Walpole

Juniors
So, Frizell gone, rumours about Vaughan and Saab leaving, JDB won't be back, Graham is past it, Lomax has to play a different position every week, our Origin halves would be flat out making a local A grade team, outside players would rather give up 200k than play for us...

...and in round 7 we play a team who just flogged the Broncos 59-0 without their best player. That'll be fun.

Dragon David

First Grade
I find it hard to fathom how some other club(s) would be circling young Saab. He has virtually played no first grade games, possibly 2-3 and several lower grade games and of course in those games he showed that he can run, catch etc. but as we know, the lower grade guys who show great potential do not always translate often into very good first grade players. Maybe Saab would under another coach or club.

I think it is unjust of Saab to want out when he has a contract with us and I also think that he is downright rude to think that he should be in the first grade team when he should be patient and wait his turn like so many others have to do (yes I know, there have been many who have left because they could not wait). He has had injuries and is getting over them and unfortunately as there is no CC comp he is not in a position to show the selectors how good he now can be to warrant first grade selection with us. Fair enough there might be another club circling and maybe that other club can fit him into first grade - I doubt it though.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
What I find is that Mc Gregor and Millward talk players up but do not give them a fair go. Both Brittain and Clune were in the Canterbury Cup Team of the Year but get a raw deal. Clune should be our half and they should let Graham, Luke and Norman go.

True_Believer

Juniors
What I find is that Mc Gregor and Millward talk players up but do not give them a fair go. Both Brittain and Clune were in the Canterbury Cup Team of the Year but get a raw deal. Clune should be our half and they should let Graham, Luke and Norman go.

Millward isn't picking the team mate. He talks them up because he's signing them. The fact you don't see them after that is all on Mary and the coaching team.

redv13

Bench
It just keeps getting worse and worse
The young guns are all getting shafted

“Tristan Sailor, Jackson Ford and Lachlan Timm have all impressed in the lower grades over the last 12 months but have not received a sustained crack at the top grade“

You can add a host of others to that list.

Also the idiot is refusing to give players like Host & Ford more game time.

Just get rid of the pumpkin Coach
Yep the same muppet of a “coach” who used to refer to Reece Robson as Reece Robinson!!! The jerk doesn’t even know his players name!! 100 % grade A FUC*WIT this bloke

qld redvee

Juniors
The last 13 games we have only beaten the Titans and have used 35 players in that time.
see George it is the players fault !!! they are NOT performing to supercoaches great game plan and his expectations - thats why he has to keep dropping players in the hope he finds the winning formula - well thats what he told gus anyway !!!!!!!!!
And the board and media still cant see the wood for trees ( well some are now aligning themselves with us)
And the number should be higher because Norman should have been dropped ..

thanks for the info george

st.phil

Bench
he's signed so they'd have to release him?? surely not. Mary may be shit but he was shit last year when saab signed a 3 year deal. Bratty if true, likely manager stirring the pot, thought he was recovering from an injury