What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Giant gun Jason Saab to ditch Mary’s Dragons as rivals circle

redv13

Bench
he's signed so they'd have to release him?? surely not. Mary may be shit but he was shit last year when saab signed a 3 year deal. Bratty if true, likely manager stirring the pot, thought he was recovering from an injury
Agree. Wait you turn you little sook. I’m over these contracted wankers getting all tiffy tiffy when things aren’t going their way. You signed a long term deal so shut the fuc* up and train your ass off.

qld redvee

Juniors
Agree. Wait you turn you little sook. I’m over these contracted wankers getting all tiffy tiffy when things aren’t going their way. You signed a long term deal so shut the fuc* up and train your ass off.
I agree contracts should be upheld BUT who knows what supercoach has been telling Saab on the training paddock ? maybe he tells him he is ready but then supercoach goes for the old aitken on the bench trick and the kid is punted back down the ladder ... You know the old mary promises promises that never eventuate or that chanceless 5 minute cameo off the bench where if you dont make 40 tackles and score 10 tries to win the game you get dropped again for the plodder ..
I would rather chance saab with his height and speed than what we currently have

redv13

Bench
I agree contracts should be upheld BUT who knows what supercoach has been telling Saab on the training paddock ? maybe he tells him he is ready but then supercoach goes for the old aitken on the bench trick and the kid is punted back down the ladder ... You know the old mary promises promises that never eventuate or that chanceless 5 minute cameo off the bench where if you dont make 40 tackles and score 10 tries to win the game you get dropped again for the plodder ..
I would rather chance saab with his height and speed than what we currently have
True but the young fella has played 3 games?? I’m all for the changes etc but cmon mate you can’t be pulling this crap 3 games into your 1st grade career. If this $ hit is still happening by round 8-10 then fair enough but hold your horses young fella. JP and Mr Smiley were decent last week in a very ordinary team performance

TruSaint

Referee

Yep, thats the issue.

His manager may be playing us, because we are such a rabble, but who knows what Mary has said to Saab.

Wasn't that long ago our coach declared Dufty as "Our 1 ", then when Lomax started thinking about his future, it was " Lomax will get first crack at 1 "... He cant keep the faith of the players. Simple.

Saab may be greedy but which current NRL player isnt. Our players get no stability as I said before.

Mary's desperation is reflected in the team he selects, usually at the cost of promising young players.

possm

Coach
How Rava and JP have got the nod over Saab truly boggles the mind. He played really well in his limited games last season.

I've always rated Saab and believe he should be in the 17 ahead of Pereira. He has size, speed and is very agile. He is a junior rep player and is exactly the young winger we need.

Mary needs to go now and Saab selected on the wing rom for the rest of this season. Let Dufty go and upgrade Saabs contract.

Vinnie

Juniors
"The Red V also has a plethora of depth on its roster with young guns Jason Saab, Tristan Sailor, Jackson Ford, Jacob Host"

Unfortunately i'm expecting to see most of these juniors along with others carving it up at other clubs soon. Just like Garrick & Herbert & Robson. Sad but true because our retention strategy is pathetic and juniors just don't get a go at our club but we buy has beens.

So really unless things change very soon we will or i guess already are "easybeats" and lose all our juniors as well.

I posted on the game v Bulldogs page praying that it wouldn't happen but knowing that it probably would !!!! I can't understand how every other clubs philosophy is if your good enough your old enough and ours is the exact opposite i/m just bewildered !!!

I have to say that at this point as a lifetime fanatical dragons supporter, Anger has now turned to despair and sadness !

Vinnie

Juniors
True but the young fella has played 3 games?? I’m all for the changes etc but cmon mate you can’t be pulling this crap 3 games into your 1st grade career. If this $ hit is still happening by round 8-10 then fair enough but hold your horses young fella. JP and Mr Smiley were decent last week in a very ordinary team performance

Red V it's not the 3 game that's the issue it's the same old vicious circle .... No juniors get a run at our club none !!!! Gariick didn't, Robson Didn't, Sailor hasn't, Field didn't, Herbet didn't and the list goes on .. do i keep going ?? Most of these players get 1 or 2 games just to appease us and when the team is at rock bottom so the mastermind coach of ours can say to us ... "See i told you so we still lost !!!" and expect us to shut up.

Give them confidence McIdiot give them a few games not just 1 game and say see i told you so !!!
Kurt Mann F##ken directed and organized a mortally wounded Newcastle with just 1 player on the bench on HIS OWN and they nearly won the game !!! With us he couldn't get a decent run but yet the way our F##cken halves are and have been playing they couldn't organize a PISS UP in a brewery !!! GO FIGURE !

Dragon David

First Grade
The Dragons hold Saab in high esteem and consider him a long-term player at the club, and therefore have denied his request for an immediate release.

George Dragon

Juniors
Unbelievable, but true. Do you think it is a combination of poor coaching and poor recruitment/players?
Straight out poor coaching.
He drops the wrongs players and sticks with the same core.
Mika, Dufty and JP have all been dropped but reinstated without performing in lower grades
This year alone he has dropped Aitken Lafai Dufty Merrin Luke Korbin Fui and Host.

hazzbeen

Bench
Red V it's not the 3 game that's the issue it's the same old vicious circle .... No juniors get a run at our club none !!!! Gariick didn't, Robson Didn't, Sailor hasn't, Field didn't, Herbet didn't and the list goes on .. do i keep going ?? Most of these players get 1 or 2 games just to appease us and when the team is at rock bottom so the mastermind coach of ours can say to us ... "See i told you so we still lost !!!" and expect us to shut up.

Give them confidence McIdiot give them a few games not just 1 game and say see i told you so !!!
Kurt Mann F##ken directed and organized a mortally wounded Newcastle with just 1 player on the bench on HIS OWN and they nearly won the game !!! With us he couldn't get a decent run but yet the way our F##cken halves are and have been playing they couldn't organize a PISS UP in a brewery !!! GO FIGURE !
Mate that in a nutshell , they don't get a go at all , the players can produce nothing and still get picked week in week out , no wonder the players love Mary as I keep hearing ...... Because they don't have to perform to stay in first grade .....

SBD82

Coach
This could be just a stir. We will have Lafai and Aitken gone by next year and Moses Suli won't be here. So we will be looking for backs. Think he was returning from an injury also anyone know about that.
It's a juggle yes they might want out but are they any good. Look at the chooks Brett and Josh Morris we lost them long ago and still playing.
What do you mean “we”?

Aren’t you a Tigers fan now?

Mickthedragon

Juniors
Here's the problem as i see it with player selections.

Its happened way too often for it to be a co-incidence. They get one crack or maybe two, and then he reverts to what he must believe is the "safer" option.

Young players feel that they dont get a chance to prove themselves, and every game for them is "do or die". Yet our coaches favourites, always get on the field. Maybe in Aitkens case on the bench.

Lomax FB one day.. centre the next.
Dufty dropped... back to FB.
Rava one poor game.. dropped... then returned at the cost of others.

Mann went through the same.

Our halves will never be dropped. They may play ( like Norman ) in a different posy, but they are in the 17.
Agreed, the whole team is up the creek without a paddle thanks to one man who shouldn't be in charge.
All the chopping and changing must do their heads in completely, as it does ours. Lomax has also been put on the wing in stints as well. Pick a f*cking position for him FFS! Saab and Sailor definitely should of been given a crack by now and it will be huge if JS went but who could blame him?
He is deadset destroying the club and leaving one hell of a mess behind.

I have seen absolutely nothing about this kid to suggest that he is a future superstar.
Take your hat, here's your coat, what's your hurry.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Request denied so end of this story for the time being.

It will be interesting to see how selections pan out over the coming weeks

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Fair enough but I'm not sure even with an injury he'd get a start.
If a winger went down L plate would probably reshuffle the backs & use Aitken,Lafai,Zac or Williame before Jason.
Yes unfortunately you are probably right, he’s super inconsistent. Norman plays bad and gets moved to 1, Lomax gets 1 game and seems permanently dropped. If Dufty was dropped due to form Lomax is nil, if Norman is dropped due to form Clune is nil, Norman is back to training in the B team. Hopefully this nightmare ends soon.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Straight out poor coaching.
He drops the wrongs players and sticks with the same core.
Mika, Dufty and JP have all been dropped but reinstated without performing in lower grades
This year alone he has dropped Aitken Lafai Dufty Merrin Luke Korbin Fui and Host.
And Zac if you include his axe from 1 as a dropping, which I do.