What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glen Mills Bulls News

Neatoboy

Juniors
Why were the Bulls so dominent in the AMNRL?

Do you think the AMNRL is expanding too fast with two new teams being added in 06 and two more in 07?

langpark

First Grade
Tomahawk said:
The AMNRL will continue to grow with two new teams being added in 2007. The Fairfax Eagles, and a new team, soon to be announced. The new team will most likely be called the Pennsylvania; sorry I am not aloud to announce the name of the team.
can you tell us where in PA this team will be based?

deluded pom?

Coach
Is a state team the way forward? Rather than restricting a team's appeal to fans and sponsors wouldn't it be better to run with teams that carry their home state in their name? Obviously I think this is one for the future bearing in mind the small base the AMNRL currently has. We already have the NJ Sharks, Delaware Mantarays, and the NY Knights and now possibly the Pennsylvania team. These teams would surely have a better chance of attracting sponsors than one limited to a single city or town. Imagine in fifty years time a professional RL team in every state. I'm sure the Hawaii Hurricanes wouldn't struggle finding players :)

pennpool

Juniors
first off i feel that to be called pennsylvannia anything is not correct as there are 4 teams in pennsylvannia. the nj sharks are now the bucks county sharks due to there location always being in pennsylvannia and how hard it was to find a sponsor with the new jersey tag. due to the sharks extensive search for a primarary sponsor they have found that it is easier to go more local as appose to national due to the low but positive exposure we have and also our suburban location. i dont feel 2 team expantion in 07 is to much as long as the two teams have good structure and starting ground and besides the old glenn mills bulls would become one of the new teams so its not realy an expantion. as for portale i hope to god NO as he is just wrong i personaly have nothing against the guy but i feel there is a lot of bad feeling to rich throughout the league.

any way good luck to all in 07 and especially those 2 newish teams.
keep us informed tomahawk.

slow frontrower

Juniors
I hear this bulls thing splitting up is not true, and I know for a fact, as of right now, that Rich Portale is not the CEO of AMNRL.

Tomahawk

Staff member
Well being a former Glen Mills player I can tell you that their will not be a Glen Mills Bulls team ever.

Slow frontrower you can take that to the bank. However watch out for the new team being formed.

Screech

Juniors
Wow huge news, this could mean the Wildcats could become the only dominant team, have any other teams strengthened their playing rosters enough to be competitive with them?

deluded pom?

Coach
Can anyone throw some light as to WHY there won't be a GM Bulls team ever again? Something drastic must have happened. Isn't the AMNRL GF trophy named after one of the main men at GM school?

Tomahawk

Staff member
Kamala said:
Beware of the Knights!!!!

Seriously though Rich Portale CEO of AMNRL!?!?!?!?!

First the Knights have been rebuiding since their break up after winning their first AMNRL Championship 4 years ago. I can tell you first hand that they have came further then most other team. If the Knights keep building like they have been you will see them in the championship the next few years. Bobo, and others should be comended for the job they have been doing.

As for Rich Portale that was a joke. However, thing in the AMNRL management are going to be changing. Dave Nui is still CEO of the league, and will always be until he steps down. The AMNRL is Dave Nui's league, and he deserves the credit.

Now about the Glen Mills Bulls. The Glen Mills team has been folded. However, most of the players are going to continue to play for other teams. Some of them this will be their last year playing rugby league. Two of those players I know for sure are Pat McShea and Mike Edwards. Mike Edwards has been one of the most dominate players in the AMNRL since its birth, and has been on 7 AMNRL Championship Teams, and was MVP of the 2005 AMNRL Grand Final.

More information about the league and new teams will be announced in the next couple of weeks. The AMNRL has a meeting this weekend, and key things about the league are going to be disgussed. Also there are a few other things in the work that will shock the World of Rugby if the come possible.

Copa

Bench
Tomahawk said:
Also there are a few other things in the work that will shock the World of Rugby if the come possible.
will peter stirling be making a come back in the amnrl?

roopy

Referee
It sounds to me like the AMNRL is going to try to step up a level this year - and splitting up the very experienced Bulls side and spreading the experience around all the clubs in the League sounds like a good starting point.
The axemen, cats and Knights all seem ready to step up a level without any help - but if all the other clubs get a serious injection of experience and professionalism we will see the comp take a great leap forward.
Maybe i am going down the wrong track - but that is how i see it at the moment.

Eastender

Juniors
roopy said:
It sounds to me like the AMNRL is going to try to step up a level this year - and splitting up the very experienced Bulls side and spreading the experience around all the clubs in the League sounds like a good starting point.

Yes, it's almost as if the teams will be able to "draft" Bulls players for the 2007 season. Should provide for a more even level of competition.