What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glory, Glory to the Broncos

thickos

First Grade
:lol: pride of the league. Souths have been sh*t for decades and league keeps getting stronger, especially recently. The old adage 'league needs a strong souths' is garbage.

simon says

First Grade
Ziggy the God said:
If they had re-worded Eye of the Tiger, you would be the first one on here having a whinge.

I agree with the Souths fans......thats been their song for an age.

If they did they did that to EOTT I'd be fuming.

Typical of Broncs not to give a hoot about anyone else but themselves.

Tom Shines

First Grade
Um, I actually think Manchester United had it before both of them...
Some serious whinging though by those Souths guys.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Ziggy the God said:
If they had re-worded Eye of the Tiger, you would be the first one on here having a whinge.

Wasn't it bad enough when Mundine rapped with Joel Turner to the tune of it?

Bomber

Bench
Poor form by the Broncos. Although it's only a song, it shows the typical arrogance that many fans associate with the club, and a disrespect to the traditions - and legitimate traditions at that! - of another club.

With any luck, the song will bomb and be quickly forgotten.

Southernsaint

Staff member
"Glory, Glory, Man United"

"Glory, Glory, Tottenham Hotspur"

Ad nauseum.

Get Rusty to pen a new tune with his "30 Odd Foot Of Grunt" band. It'd be a real winner, I'm sure.

I can't believe that both Southampton, St Helens & New Orleans have ripped off the Dragons' song...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Speaking of forgotten, the Bulldogs tried out a new club song mid-2006 which flopped like an absolute b*tch.

Brisbane once again showing their arrogance, Soufs legends once again trying to get their name in lights... that's all it is.

Bomber

Bench
The reality is that club songs aren't really associated with rugby league clubs. Fans don't travel to Leichardt or Brookvale or Dairy Farmers to engage in choir practice - they go to watch a good, hard game of rugby league.

If Brisbane want to create a phoney tradition and shove it down the throats of their fans, fine. But at least show a bit of class and use an original tune that isn't already used.

smeghead

Bench
Southernsaint said:
"Glory, Glory, Man United"

"Glory, Glory, Tottenham Hotspur"

Ad nauseum.

Get Rusty to pen a new tune with his "30 Odd Foot Of Grunt" band. It'd be a real winner, I'm sure.

I can't believe that both Southampton, St Helens & New Orleans have ripped off the Dragons' song...

Don't give TOFOG a reason to play anywhere. It's all coming together to well for them. No cheergirls, soon it will be Rust's poetry readings at half time with Premier League moved earlier and a one hour TOFOG show prior to each game

Ziggy the God

First Grade
hybrid_tiger said:
They wouldn't re-word it, because that would be stupid.

That is not the point. So you would have no issue if say, the Titans ran out to Eye of the Tiger, with the wording changed around?

Kiwi

First Grade
The article says they're pretty much just using the tune more so than the lyrics, which isn't a souths origonal I do believe. Someone give these guys a king size tissue to go have a cry in.

Danish

Referee
Well to be fair to souths they were the first league club to rip off that tune........

Still, you have to love the "everyone is against us" sook mentality of some of those ex-players :lol:

I hope to god that the next team into the comp decides they want to use red & green for their jerseys. That would really fire the old boys up!

nqboy

First Grade
Angry_eel said:
lol you're a broncos fan? i always thought u supported the cowboys.
Definitely a Cowboy, ask Ink :sarcasm: Just thought the article was funny in a Slow News Day kind of way.

Kiwi

First Grade
Danish said:
Well to be fair to souths they were the first league club to rip off that tune........

Still, you have to love the "everyone is against us" sook mentality of some of those ex-players :lol:

I hope to god that the next team into the comp decides they want to use red & green for their jerseys. That would really fire the old boys up!

I'm surprised the Rabbitoh's and their "legends" ( it seems one only needs to pull on a rabbitoh's jumper to become a legend these days ) haven't called for all red and green to be removed from other teams jumpers or they have to pay royalties to souths. After all the colours red and green were invented by souths, along with league, sliced bread and whinging.

yobbo84

Coach
South Sydney Marches On....

CHORUS
Glory, Glory to South Sydney
South Sydney Marches On

When speaking of the champions
One stands above the rest
Of glories old and records proud
When often put to test
Of fine traditions, history
That others cannot best
They wear the RED & GREEN

REPEAT CHORUS

They mauled the Balmain Tigers
Slew the Dragons from St. George
The Seagulls and the Mounties next
Were crushed with mighty force

They humbled Parramatta
And the Berries in due course

REPEAT CHORUS

They plucked the Western Magpies
Slashed the Newtown bag of blue
The Eastern Suburbs rooster crowed
And then was conquered too

The greatest name in any game
Within South Sydney grew

REPEAT CHORUS (twice)

gregstar

Referee
to be fair to the song, at least if brisbane have it, it'll be heard more frequently when it matters.

when was the last time that tune was belted out when it really counted?

i had flares & a paisley shirt.

& side-levers that touched my broad lapels.

*hums ted mulry song "falling in love again"*

*exits*

nqboy

First Grade
yobbo84 said:
South Sydney Marches On....

CHORUS
South Sydney Marches On

When speaking of the champions
One stands above the rest
Of glories old and records proud
When often put to test
Of fine traditions, history
That others cannot best

REPEAT CHORUS

They mauled the Balmain Tigers
Slew the Dragons from St. George
The Seagulls and the Mounties next
Were crushed with mighty force

They humbled Parramatta
And the Berries in due course

REPEAT CHORUS

They plucked the Western Magpies
Slashed the Newtown bag of blue
The Eastern Suburbs rooster crowed
And then was conquered too

The greatest name in any game
Within South Sydney grew

REPEAT CHORUS (twice)
Great song but part of history now. Of the teams listed, only Parramatta are still around.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Kiwi said:
I'm surprised the Rabbitoh's and their "legends" ( it seems one only needs to pull on a rabbitoh's jumper to become a legend these days ) haven't called for all red and green to be removed from other teams jumpers or they have to pay royalties to souths. After all the colours red and green were invented by souths, along with league, sliced bread and whinging.

Whingeing is a registered patent of Wayne Bennett, which was taken out 5 minutes after Sparkles McGaw scored that try, and he threw his headset.

He has been going strong ever since, just ask the Roosters.