What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glory, Glory to the Broncos

icewind

Juniors
gregstar said:
to be fair to the song, at least if brisbane have it, it'll be heard more frequently when it matters.

when was the last time that tune was belted out when it really counted?

i had flares & a paisley shirt.

& side-levers that touched my broad lapels.

*hums ted mulry song "falling in love again"*

*exits*

we're just helping to keep the song alive, never gets sung nearly enough by the rabbitohs. :lol:

Kiwi

First Grade
Ziggy the God said:
Whingeing is a registered patent of Wayne Bennett, which was taken out 5 minutes after Sparkles McGaw scored that try, and he threw his headset.

He has been going strong ever since, just ask the Roosters.

Then Souths must owe Wayne a sh*teload of money, because they started whinging when they got booted out, haven't stopped since and don't look like stopping anytime soon.

sretsoor

Juniors
I'd be happy if another team took the Rooster Man song lol.

I'm glad that we will no longer be using it.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Kiwi said:
Then Souths must owe Wayne a sh*teload of money, because they started whinging when they got booted out, haven't stopped since and don't look like stopping anytime soon.

Chump change for the Big Man, he couldn't be bothered asking for the royalties.

McCrud

Juniors
I feel quite conflicted over this issue.

I'd love a club 'song' more then anything, but I feel this song is going to be more drama then it's worth.

I can't understand how the club came to the conclusion that applying the music of the Souths song to a Broncos 'wording' wasn't going to be jumped upon and bagged off.

Like Bruno said, hopefully Richo will kick up a sh1t and the thing won't get off the ground.

melon....

Coach
Who cares!? Its not as if Souths wrote the song that was used extensively through the American Civil War. Its a crock of shi'ite.

Lowdown said:
Are any of them "legends" still alive? Does anyone in the Broncos give a toss?

Souths need to start winning some games before anyone listens to them.

All the legends are alive and well.At least we have "Legends"

Timmah said:
Speaking of forgotten, the Bulldogs tried out a new club song mid-2006 which flopped like an absolute b*tch.

Brisbane once again showing their arrogance, Soufs legends once again trying to get their name in lights... that's all it is.

South's Legends do not need to get their names up in lights,because they are already bona-fide Legends in the first place.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Everyone knows that song – it is very special
For the record, my wife would NOT know this song at all, probably does not even know of South Sydney either.

I am sure my daughter would not know it either, unless Justin Timberriver sings it too.

Titanic

First Grade
Kiwi said:
I'm surprised the Rabbitoh's and their "legends" ( it seems one only needs to pull on a rabbitoh's jumper to become a legend these days ) haven't called for all red and green to be removed from other teams jumpers or they have to pay royalties to souths. After all the colours red and green were invented by souths, along with league, sliced bread and whinging.

My sentiments exactly. Mind you the "round ball" tragics here tell me that the tune is a Manchester United tradition (not Hotspurs who are in fact called the Yid Army).

Anyway the Bronx have a sorry case of "head up their own arse" if they can't be more progressive with their thinking - terrible tune anyway. Why not if "you're proud to be Bronco clap your hands" or any other mindless childish chant. The Monkees theme was sooooo appropriate.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
as funny as it is seeing soufs get all riled up, they are correct, the broncos needed something original (or at least something other teams arent using).

I havent heard it, I hope it dies in the water and goes away. what's wrong with 'lets go broncos'? at least it's better than gooster man or that 'click goes the shears' thing parra used...

besides souths (and maybe the dragons -though they did have that horrible 'one eyed dragons supporter' song) do any other supporters really care about a club song?

Raider_69

Post Whore
hilarious

by the end of this year that "glory, glory to the broncos" song will have already surpassed the amount of times souths have played it in the past 20 years! :lol:

skeepe

Immortal
Bloody storm in a teacup.

What did the Souths legends think of

"We're the bad and mean red and green machine. Fearsome men from South Sydney."

Now where do I know that from....

greenhat

Juniors
Pierced Soul said:
besides souths (and maybe the dragons -though they did have that horrible 'one eyed dragons supporter' song) do any other supporters really care about a club song?

I would say Raiders fans are pretty keen for the Green Machine song. I know I've sung it drunkenly at parties (here in Canberra) and had randoms join in with me.

I assumed that was the same for every club but I just didn't know their songs. Is it?