What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glory, Glory to the Broncos

skeepe

Immortal
Nothing fires me up more than hearing the Raiders run out to the Green Machine.

I hope they never re-record it, that version at the moment is perfect.

Rotten Rooster

Juniors
Le KooK said:
I feel quite conflicted over this issue.

I'd love a club 'song' more then anything, but I feel this song is going to be more drama then it's worth.

I can't understand how the club came to the conclusion that applying the music of the Souths song to a Broncos 'wording' wasn't going to be jumped upon and bagged off.

Like Bruno said, hopefully Richo will kick up a sh1t and the thing won't get off the ground.

The actual music is not of souffs, its actually an american tune I think from the civil war.

simon says

First Grade
EOTT means a lot to me......I get goosebumps,sitting on the hill at Leichhardt when the boys run out.

Sung it all night long at the Leagues(as well as 'we are the champions') after the GF in 2005.

If another side put their song to its beat.....wow that would be strange.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
yobbo84 said:
South Sydney Marches On....

CHORUS
Glory, Glory to South Sydney
South Sydney Marches On

When speaking of the champions
One stands above the rest
Of glories old and records proud
When often put to test
Of fine traditions, history
That others cannot best
They wear the RED & GREEN

REPEAT CHORUS

They mauled the Balmain Tigers
Slew the Dragons from St. George
The Seagulls and the Mounties next
Were crushed with mighty force

They humbled Parramatta
And the Berries in due course

REPEAT CHORUS

They plucked the Western Magpies
Slashed the Newtown bag of blue
The Eastern Suburbs rooster crowed
And then was conquered too

The greatest name in any game
Within South Sydney grew

REPEAT CHORUS (twice)

'Sea-Eagles and the Panthers next' are the actual words.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
thickos said:
:lol: pride of the league. Souths have been sh*t for decades and league keeps getting stronger, especially recently. The old adage 'league needs a strong souths' is garbage.

The only people that call us that are other fans, like yourself. We don't go around using it all the time like some claim we do.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
My two cents, it doesn't really bother me. It would really piss me off if I were a Horsie fan. Kind of like if our song became some sort of hybrid version of EOTT.

Pierced Soul said:
as funny as it is seeing soufs get all riled up, they are correct, the broncos needed something original (or at least something other teams arent using).

I havent heard it, I hope it dies in the water and goes away. what's wrong with 'lets go broncos'? at least it's better than gooster man or that 'click goes the shears' thing parra used...

besides souths (and maybe the dragons -though they did have that horrible 'one eyed dragons supporter' song) do any other supporters really care about a club song?

my Bloody oath i care about my Club Song....and not the Eagle Rock (even though this song is a classic and one of my faves of all time)..........the Original song, i have it burnt to disc and it gets played every weekend during the winter you cannot buy tradition good on souths for kicking up a stink, this just shows the arrogance of the Broncos

Mr Saab

Referee
Not arrogance at all Hillbilly.
I couldnt care about the team song. I care about the teams performance on the field, not the songs off it

boonboon

Juniors
who cares really and as for Souths Brisbane are just getting in now before souths die being prepared and since when did souths need a victory song

Brutus

Referee
Didn't the Broncos have a tune called "We have a contract in place to be the only team in south east Queensland for the next 500 years"?

Shane Edwards was a wonderful singer in his day.

brendothejet

First Grade
One of the funniest things I remember was at a dragons game in 2000 (i believe) when they tried to launch "I'm A One Eyed Dragon Supporter"

The tune was penned by Alan Mansfield, the keyboard extraordinaire behind Dragon and Robert Palmer.

About 3 lines into the song the Army looked quizically at each other and the loudest ever rendition of "Oh When the Saints" began.

Brought a tear to my eye.

:)

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
boonboon said:
who cares really and as for Souths Brisbane are just getting in now before souths die being prepared and since when did souths need a victory song

You are an imbecile.

Sugar

Bench
boonboon said:
"We were put to the stake
Put to the flame
Sent to death
And here we stand"
A quote from A.Denton

We ain't going down that road again;-)

Expect Bruno to do a backflip soon and find a new song (Just heard not sure how reliable this source is)

Canard

Immortal
Brisbane should bring back "Bbbb..Brisbane, You aint seen nothing yet" set to Bachman Turner Overdrive's "Baby, you aint seen nothing".

Surely the pinnacle of all Club songs..........

Big Pete

Referee
Honestly I found the Broncos ripping the song off sad, I like the idea of a song, but the idea to use Souths is a bit...pathetic.

Just my view.

Knightmare

Coach
Anyone know the lyrics to the 'Glory Glory to the Broncos' song? In all fairness, I understand Norths have a song 'Glory Glory to North Sydney'.