What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Go ahead!...ask us anything!

imported_Outlaw

Juniors
Loss of brain cells huh Warlock? I rekon the spirits have cleaned mine out mate.
emcrook.gif

How do I get rid of those annoying pop-up window things? You know. Those advertising windows that always appear everywhere when you log onto web sites. Some are far worse than others. Some of the 'adults' will get my drift :)
Is there a free program I can down load to rid my computer of these things? I'm real desperate, because it's becomming more and more a nuisance every day.
:)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Ok, we're touching on the booze now.
Who's try to give it up and how much success have you had?

I've given up for weeks and months and once I didnt touch a drop foralmost fouryears.But when I get back into the habit, Ifind it takes a while to piss it off again.
So Iknow I cangive itup but it takesthat 'moment of clarity' to come along.
Does this make any sense?

imported_Hazy

Juniors
I was able to give it up for pre-season and during the season, but now that Ive retired (again) I havent had a reason to....

Thanx for the responses fella's, I would never have guessed there to be so many reformed smokers about.
emteeth.gif

Just on a few of the responses, Patches & Gum seem to have more failure stories associated to them then success. No doubt some people would swear by them but I just dont see the point in continuing to feed my body that which I'm trying to take away. Just doesn't make sense.
Zyban is definitly off the list. Last year I watched 2 people try & use that & both did little more than throw up minor organs for a week or two & that alone sealed Zybans fate for me.
My main problem is the cotton wool head. It's like a state of perpetual tiredness. The anger is controllable but not seeing/thinking straight is a touch annoying.

Outlaw...
You can tinkle with the Java settings (speaking from an IE POV) to stop pop-up's. It not to technical or anything. But why are you looking up pron anywayz??
emsmilep.gif

Atilla:

My wife is also a wine drinker, though she only does in the social sense. She also does the same thing you touched on and has been doing it for a number of years now, and has explained the reasoning behind her actionsto me in the past. But like the typical husband who shuts off if the topic does not interest him, I can not give you an answer as I don't remember what she was babbling about at the time. She is absent for the next few days, but I will ask her again upon her return early next week.
*don't you just lovethe person who invented the dishwasherwhen you're alone* ;)
Raidpatch

Willow:

I've tried to give up the booze on a number of occassions in the past. Infact, I was on the wagon for over a year until I left the 'academy' and was stationed.Little wasI to know that my new found profession contained some of the heaviest and most widely spread drinkers in any profession I'd been involved in prior. I thought I was doing the right thing by ridding the booze onceI decided to persue with my new career path (I felt that at the time anyway), but it was almost a way of life for my new 'buddies.'It was the 'thing to do' once shifts were over and very few chose to not be involved in it. I guess you can sayI fell into peer pressure and didn't want to look like the black sheep,and resumed againshortly thereafter. That's my 'poor' excuse, but you'd be surprised how many people except it. I don't drink anywhere as much as I did one time, but I still enjoy the occassional cold one...a hell of a lot!
Raidpatch

eels fan,
Yep,there can be some serious side-effects from Zyban(I know a bloke that ended up in hospital with a cardiac problem,he lived),however for $20.00 you can find out whether it will be Zyban or nicotine that kills you.Like most drugs when you stop taking it the side-effects go away.I also know some rather amazing success stories,folk are astonished that they could give up the smokes and how easy it was for them.I found it simply reduced the cravings and by a factor of plenty,it also had a mood stabilising effect and consequently I still have my family because I haven't turned into a complete and total prick(though there are those that would argue that is my natural state).
Basically,mate,all I am saying is if you are having difficulty,do yourself a favour and don't write off the Zyban,based on the experiences of others.It does effect individuals differently,but all the best to you.

Willow,
Giving up the booze,now that is an entirely different issue.At my age I have come to the immature conclusion that the only way for me to abstain from alcohol will be for me to move home.My new home will be called a coffin.

Zyban works.

I've never been a smoker, but I have seen several really addicted smokers give the cigs away permanently using Zyban.I work in a hospital and all the people I'm talking about are health care professionals - a couple of Drs, about 10 nurses, and a few others.

Zyban was originally an anti depressant medication (of the serotonin reuptake inhibitor group) so it's side effects are very well known. On very rare occassions people have died from this form of medication, so read the side effects warnings carefully and stop taking it if you have any doubts at all - but it will get you off smoking by stopping the cravings.

imported_Outlaw

Juniors
Not me willow. I enjoy my ocassional one (or few) and wouldn't dream of giving it up mate. It's like anything really mate: take it in moderation and 'tis not a problem.
Here's to those on the wagon
embeer.gif
lol
emteeth.gif

What's the difference between partly-sunny and party-cloudy? Because if it's partly-sunny, than isn't it also partly-cloudy (the other part)and visa versa?
Raging Bulldog

<u>Boxing Question</u>: Out of the three main boxingsanctions (IBF-WBA-WBC) which is the most reputable or prestigious? The one that's respected by the respected in boxing circles.I've asked manyaround class and campus, but opinions vary. The IBF is the most popular so far. You don't have to give your reason as to why (it could take up alot of this thread), or you can if you wish. Just pick a sanction. Please. Thanks.

Latest posts