What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Go ahead!...ask us anything!

I missed what oneye posted, but i have to say I'm thinking it would have been a very funny question in the 'ask us anything' thread.
I have a feeling he is one sick puppy.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The explanation for the deletion is pretty simple. Anything which attacks other forum members in a personal, excessive or derogatory manner is walking a thin line. Tolerance is an asset but it can only stretch so far.
I think our mate knows that now. ;)

One Eye Bro, calm down. Its alright habib, we can read what you are writing without it being in size 72 font. Honestly, your a dogs fan, you can't be that bad, why don't you try proving that instead of writing up the posts that u do?

Moffo

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I'm happy to offer and explanation to you about it Oneeye.

In short, these cross-border disputes are all just a bit silly. You have some arguments going with certain members in other forums andI'm not interested in seeing them develop any further here. A few people have been allowed to air their thoughts, including you, and its done with now.

I dont give a stuff about who started it or what the argument is about. But if you want to keep it going, try and be more constructive in your posts.

If you want to engage in discussion without being over the top about it, you'll be welcomed forever as a valued contributor.

LWOS like any forum is a meeting place. Sometimes heated arguments develop and thats fine... in fact it livens the place up sometimes. Butat the end of the day, we are here to enjoy the forum for what it is, to have discussions.

V

Vertigo

(I belive this may have been asked before, but rather than search for it, please allow me to ask it again)
How do you attach a URL-link to a particularword?
For example: If I wanted to attach the URL http://groups.msn.com/legendsworldofsport/hidden hehind the word <u>Here</u>, how would I go about it?
A <u>very </u>simple explaination is requested please.
Thank you kindly.
V.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Drag you mouse over the word (eg 'here') and highlight it.
Then click the symbol in the top information bar of your 'send message' box. It looks like this:
fetch.dll

Then type in the URL web address...you dont have to type in the http:// part, just everything after that.

Then click on 'Insert'

An example, here

Hmmm...I want to play as well :DThanks for the tip

Here

Seeing its Melbourne Cup time, can anyone tell me why they run it on a Tuesday? Typically, you would think that has always been a work day and that people would struggle to get time off to go to the track.

Moffo

El Duque

Bench
If it's a really long URL that you have copied from some site then press Ctrl V and that will paste it in there but remember you'll have to scroll to the left to get rid of the http bit as it's already in there.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Moffo: About the Melbourne Cup being run on a Tuesday. Apparently, it wasn't always the case.
This from a site called 'A brief history of the Melbourne Cup'"

"It all began on Thursday the 7th of November 1861. 17 horses lined up for a 2 mile race. The winner's prize; a gold watch. The winner, Archer was walked all the way down from Sydney, and won in the slowest time ever recorded in the Cup's history, 3.52. Archer also won the race the following year, making him one of only four horses to ever win 2 Cups. From 1875 onwards, the Cup has been run on a Tuesday. "

Still can't find any mention as to WHY the Cup is run on a Tuesday (ie why not the weekend?). I'm guessing it has something to do with the whole Spring Carnival.
The Melbourne Cup is the highlight race of the year and it seems better suited nearer the end of the carnival.

It'sa public holiday in Melbourne and half day bludge in Sydney anyway.

O

ozbash

this keeps me awake at nights...(and sometimes during the day )
why cant tyres be recycled and melted down into new tyres when they are bald. ?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Tyres do get recycled.
I understandlot of asphalt or bitumen has old tyres in it.
Don't know about them getting recycledinto new tyres though.

They make good swings and are extra good at holding stale rain water for breeding mozzies.