What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Go ahead!...ask us anything!

imported_JoeD

Juniors
Wollow's right tyres do get recycled and used for roads, but they are shredded or chipped, not melted down. Tyres wouldn't melt, they would just burn. They're different from say candle wax that will melt/harden/melt over and over again.

V

Vertigo

Give this a try all.
Another member posted this on another NineMSN Community I'm a member of when someone else asked for assistance. It's done wonders to the speed of my PC. It may even help yours operate a little quicker.
1. Minimize This Window(Click the - sign at the top right of this screen)
2. Right Click OnMY COMPUTER
3. Click Onto PROPERTIES
4. Select DEVICE MANAGER
5. Click On The + sign next to the "Ports (Com & LPT)" entry
6. Double Click OnCOMMUNICATIONS PORT
7. Click On The "PORT SETTINGS" Tab
8. Change the BITS PER SECOND to the highest possible setting (Which should be 921 600)
9. Close, then restore the window by clicking its name on the bottom task bar.
<u>IMPORTANT</u>: This procedure is a lot more effective if TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES and COOKIES are <u>first </u>deleted before performing this task.
V.

V

Vertigo

Has the "load" time or "refresh" time for this forum slowed down over the last few days, or is it my PC?
I'm a member of a couple of other Nine MSN Communities and don't seem to be having the problem with either of them.
V.

imported_Outlaw

Juniors
I was just wondering...
Is the Magnum-44 the most powerfull handgun in the world, or is it just a slogan that caught on fromthe Dirty Harry flicks?
Anyone have any facts or links they can provide. I can't seem to find anything.
Cheers.

El Duque

Bench
One thing that's been happening to me lately is that when I first reply the little reply box pops up but inside it is the forum itself. I have to press reply again for it to load up with the proper reply window you can type in.

This happening to anyone else?

L

legend

Yep, i've had the problem from time to time. One of the posts I could see was one title Legends Accumulator. What have you done Vertigo?;)

Yeh, takes half a week for it to load sometimes. Its like the old commodore 64's, u could fry an egg, cook dinner and scrub the cat, come back and its still loading. Very annoying indeed, there must be a glitch in the system

I get the social bar forum popping up as well when i go to post the first time. These changes from ninemsn are very annoying!

Moffo

O

ozbash

i get the punters club page in the box when i click reply.
its a log/sign in/out thing thats stuffed up.
if i have 2 windows open it dont happen.

msn is very slow lately, not just on LWOS ...

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I always get the Dragons section in my pop up which is quite coincidental, I think. But it only happens the first time I clickin for a reply (I have auto password thingo checked).

Don't know about hand guns... butDirtyHarry's Magnum looked like the biggest phallic symbol of a gun I've ever seen.

V

Vertigo

Outlaw,
Is the Magnum-44 the most powerfull handgun in the world, or is it just a slogan that caught on fromthe Dirty Harry flicks?

I actually read an article on this same issue you bought upa month or so ago, and when I have some more time on my hands this weekend, I'll hunt it down and post the reply. Off memory, it is not the most powerfull hangun in the world; well behind in "force" and "torque"if I remember correctly. I'll follow it up.
El Duque,
One thing that's been happening to me lately is that when I first reply the little reply box pops up but inside it is the forum itself. I have to press reply again for it to load up with the proper reply window you can type in.
This happening to anyone else?

Certainly. This has been happening to me for quite sometime now (a couple of years), but seems to have gotten worse of recent weeks. I'm just biting my tongue on this one, but the loading or refreshing of the pages can be obnoxious. Ozbash stated that it's a Nine MSN Community thing, but I don't have the problem with the other three forums I'm a member of. Never mind...can't have everything all the time. At least I have LWOS :)
legend,
What have you done Vertigo?;)

emembarrassed.gif

V.

imported_JoeD

Juniors
Can nayone give any reccomendations on s good music file sharing programme. Over the last couple of days i've been trying to use neonapster with not much luck. My sister says she has problems using Morpheus, anyone got any they reccomend?

Joe...
I posted about a program called "Diet K" in a thread a bit ago. It runs on top of Kazza &amp; among otherthingsspeeds it up, extends the search &amp; gets rid of the spyware, ads etc. If that was you that asked, sorry for the repeat. http://www.dietk.com/

O-Eye...
Can you post a link to this gun or the site that states this as being fact.

El Duque

Bench
eels fan..., how do you actually install diet Kazaa?

Do you d/l a normal version (which one?) of Kazaa then install that and then install Diet K and it removes all the spyware and stuff?

Bah, sorry that should have read "Grokster" not Kazza. Same shite different flavour is all but for the sake of the thread I use Grokster Ver1.6, I loaded it up ignoring all the extra advertisment bits&amp; then d/l the DietK program &amp; simply ran it as it instructed. It was effectivly point &amp; click stuff from memory.
As with most programs like this its bound to be good for some &amp; do nothing for others, I like it so I promote it but dont get litigious if it doesnt make you coffee in the morning... :D

Trust me, if I can work it out it aint hard! ;)