What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Go ahead!...ask us anything!

Same to you and your family Vertigo. Have a safe journey mate. Will miss your posts while you're away.
embeer.gif

'fan-baller.

Can a video connect to any TV with an external aerial port? I'm trying to steal my sons portable & replace it with an older one but I cant seem to get it to pick up the video. It doesnt have auto-tune, just the old dial tuney thing. If not directly is there any sort of attachment that will help.

In case someone has done this also, can I get a PS1 going on the same TV? I thought I'd read of someRF switch/modulatoryou run the cables through & the only drawback is it stays in mono.

Just one more, when I once single clicked on a .jpg or .gif etc inthe folder I keep them in I used to see the pic on the left side (although somewhat smaller)of said folder much like a preview. And when I opened my bin there would be text on the left side of that as well.
Then this morning somehow my scripting was disabled & ever since neither of these things have worked. I had to go in & change my settings to enable scripts again but I dont know how to fix the problems above. As there are a few IE champeens on this board, anyone care to solve this dilemma?

Scratch the IE problem, I think my computer was just having a Micro$oft moment. Once I'd given up & restarted for the3 kazillionth time (honest, it was that many!) it worked. If I was smart I'd use linux... plus that penguin is cool :D

imported_Outlaw

Juniors
Thanks Vertigo for the interesting info.
Very kind of you to follow up mate. Much appreciated. Sorry for the late reply but have been undergoing house renovations for the last couple of weeks and we're forced to live away from home for another few weeks. Looking forward to coming back home very early January.
Seasons greetings to you and your family too mate.
embeer.gif

What is the difference between a Trademark and a Copyright?
I mean (from being a small business owner-operator)I know thata Trademark is a distinctive symbol or words that identifies a product -- often used by corporations and businessess alike --and once it isregistered, it protects the owner from unfair competition among other competitors,as long as the trademark remains in use.
But is itthe same as a Copyright exceptjust worded fancy, or is there actually a major difference between the two terms?
I have a feeling the term Copyright applies moreso to written texts like in newspaers, magazinesand so. Kinda guessing though :(
Always wondered about that, and Mrs. Cardwell raised it tonight at the table. Hoping someone here can clear it up for us both.
Cheers from us both.
emcocktl.gif

C

CanadianSteve

I'm guessing you're pretty accurate on the differences there, Aaron. But Willow may know more, he has a trademark on the term Tackleball, doesn't he?;)

I might as well add these out of one of my law textbooks for further clarification

Australia Commercial law - 23rd edition, states:

A trademark is a distinctive symbol which when applied to the good and services of a particular trader distinguishes the trader's goods or services from those of other persons

Copyright - Is basically the right to reproduce or copy a particular form of expression, and thus a right to prevent others from doing so without the authority of the copyright owner

Cheers,
Moffo

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I might add that a trademarks offers stronger protection than copyright.

I followed the steps of Vertigo (cheers mate) from post 583

<table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width="100%" border=1> <tbody> <tr class=ThmBgAlternate> <td nowrap align=middle background=http://sc.communities.msn.com/themes/pby/img/mb/reply_bg.gif><a target=_top>Reply</a>
c.gif
</td> <td width="100%"> <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td> Recommend </td> <td align=right><a target=_top title="Delete this message">
small_delete_1.gif
Delete</a>Message 583 of 632 in Discussion </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr> <tr class=ThmBgHighlightLight> <td width="100%" colspan=2> <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=4 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td nowrap width="100%">From: Vertigo</td> <td nowrap>Sent: 11/11/2002 10:52 AM</td></tr></tbody></table> <table class=ThmBgStandard cellspacing=0 cellpadding=10 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td> Give this a try all.
Another member posted this on another NineMSN Community I'm a member of when someone else asked for assistance. It's done wonders to the speed of my PC. It may even help yours operate a little quicker.
1. Minimize This Window(Click the - sign at the top right of this screen)
2. Right Click OnMY COMPUTER
3. Click Onto PROPERTIES
4. Select DEVICE MANAGER
5. Click On The + sign next to the "Ports (Com &amp; LPT)" entry
6. Double Click OnCOMMUNICATIONS PORT
7. Click On The "PORT SETTINGS" Tab
8. Change the BITS PER SECOND to the highest possible setting (Which should be 921 600)
9. Close, then restore the window by clicking its name on the bottom task bar.
<u>IMPORTANT</u>: This procedure is a lot more effective if TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES and COOKIES are <u>first </u>deleted before performing this task.
V.

</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>
Questions: has anyone else tried it, and are there any obvious problems with doing this? My highest bps turned out to be 1,115,000 or something like that
Cheers, Moffo

imported_Kaon

Juniors
When i tried to speed up my computer that way i found that i got disconnected after a couple of minutes. Happened a few times then i put the original settings back. I haven't been d/c since.

I'm getting ADSL next week and i'm not sure if it applies to that.

M

Marcus

Why do Australian's call Dec 26th.... Boxing day? When did it come about? What do the US or NZ call Dec 26th?

imported_kier

Juniors
It's boxing day in GB and NZ

I've always been led to believe it's to do with the fact that traditionally gifts were given on the 26th, rather than the 25th.

It never struck me as a particularly likely explanation though.......

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I read that Boxing day was the day that postmen got off to celebrate Xmas. Postmen used to deliver mail, including a lot of gifts on Xmas day. They could stay home the next day and the other public servants would deliver the post instead with every postmen who worked the previous day getting a gift from the post office, in a box-hence Boxing Day.

The other thing I read was that it is the day to 'box up' all the decorations(ie 'boxing day') which seems more plausible.

Plus another thing I was toldwas that the sport Boxing was a popular annualevent on the the 26th in England.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Thanks El:

"The holiday's roots can be traced to Britain, where Boxing Day is also known as &lt;NOBR>St. Stephen's&lt;/NOBR> Day. Reduced to the simplest essence, its origins are found in a long-ago practice of giving cash or durable goods to those of the lower classes. Gifts among equals were exchanged on or before Christmas Day, but beneficences to those less fortunate were bestowed the day after. "

That rings a bell.

Latest posts