What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Go ahead!...ask us anything!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
As far as I know, the Russians and the Americans work pretty closely nowadays... brought about by economic reality.
The Russians make the space station while the USA makes the shuttle.... generally speaking.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The Front Row Forumsare advertised here in the LWOS side bar and also advertised at League Unlimited in the side bar. (Look to the left hand side of the LWOS side barnear the top... you'll see the Front Row threads which have the link).
There are also banners on the front page of the League Unlimited site:

The Front does has some minor glitches which are being fixed this month but as you say, it has some great features and works well.
LWOS is just more popular. But having said that, I intend on posting there more often in 2003.... would be great to see a few more LWOS forummers over there as well. :)

El Duque

Bench
What is the best free pop up killer around?

There used to be a free one ages ago but it no longer exists.

C

CanadianSteve

I use a tax program called Quicktax to do my income taxes each year. It's made by the Quicken company. I like it as a way to do my taxes. But I haven't used any Quicken business or book-keeping software.

imported_Tonyp

Juniors
I've always wanted to know "how would I look with a moustache?"
Willow, did you get my email re:soccer at Kogarah Oval, 22.2.3????

I have a couple of questions. First to you Willow, I tried signing up with League Unlimited again. The first time I got the email without the activation link. This time no email at all. Do you hate me?
emcry.gif

Secondly, what do scientists mean when they say the universe is curved? Is it also true that the expansion rate of the universe is speeding up?

Ok 3 questions.

Posted this on the Bench Press thread by mistake
emembarrassed.gif

Just wondering.....
How many 1000+ threads are there here at LWOS? I'm guessing 2 on this main ALL TOPICSpage without looking back.
&
What's the highest number of replies you've seen on ANY message board thread on anycommunity? Not just MSN groups.
The conversation came up with some friends last night. I told them we had a few threads here with 1000+ replies and they said it must be some record for chat forums. I'm guessing there are some out there with much more.

imported_JoeD

Juniors
NormallyI clean out my cache every few days but I've noticed that even though I delete everything in my temporary internet folder and clear my history stuff seems to linger in history anyway. Just random things that are months oldeven though I set my history to 1 week. Is there anyway of getting at this stuff through windows explorer?

imported_Kaon

Juniors
You have to understand that the universe or "space" is not curved but "space-time" is.

When we try to figure out how fast a car is going or even the velocity of something as it approaches the speed of light we use co-ordinate systems where the shortest distance between two points is a straight line, this is whatwe call flat-space.

For <span>general </span>relativity and the like we use 4-dimenational co-ordinate systems (which is 3-dimensions for space + 1 for time). In these systems they shortest distance between two points may not be a straight line but it could be curved.

If i go any further i'll probably start confusing people. It's probably not the answer people were looking for but in very very simple terms, thats it.

I'm not really sure on the expansion of the universe thing but i'll look it up in one of my textbooks later and post it here.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Res Dog, there are two LWOS threads which have topped 1000 threads: The Song Game and the Footy Quiz, the latter being the 2000s at time of writing this.

The LWOS Hall of Fame thread shows the top threads (not up to date with the numbers though).

I saw a NineMsn forum once which was inhabited by dull political analytical types. Obviously with too much time on their hands, they set about to create a thread for hits value only. It was around 30,000 last time I saw it. But this had no discussion going on and was just two or therre people spending all day hitting the send button so I dont think that really counts.

imported_JoeD

Juniors
Evilgrowler, if you're interested in such things, I recommend a book I'm currently reading called "The Elegant Universe" sorry I can't remember the author's name. It gives a good run down general and special relativity, quantum mechanics and the theoretical union of the 2 by way of string theory. Its good because the writer writes it in such a way so that a non physicist (sp?) like me can understand it.

Thanks JoeD, I'll look for it this week. I appreciate it.

Willow, League Unlimited seems to be League Unreachable. Sorry mate. No email. No link. Thanks anyway mate. I'll just stick to these forums I guess.

L

legend

Evilgrowler, how may times have you tried to register with leagueunlimited? I ask this because we have had a steady stream of members until we reached 105 a week or so ago so there may be more than just one person being affected by this conundrum. What exactly is happening when you try and sign up?

L

legend

Evilgrowler, I just registered using my own details. If you want, I can set up the registration for you and we can test it together to see if we can identify any problems. If you are interested e-mail me your details at medgar@leagueunlimited.com.

Cheers.