What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Go ahead!...ask us anything!

imported_Outlaw

Juniors
<table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=4 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td nowrap width="100%">From: Outlaw</td> <td nowrap>Sent: 20/4/2003 5:59 AM</td></tr></tbody></table> <table class=ThmBgStandard cellspacing=0 cellpadding=10 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td> I've got a question that has bugged me for a little while here now.
What exactly is the Generalsection on this forumfor? Or better still, when does one know when to put a thread in the General section as opposed to the other sections?
Is it for a General RL discussion? A General sports discussion? General Current Events discussion? Or just a General Anything discussion?
The reason I ask is if you click onto that section, threads covering all types of topics are seen there. Some of them could have probably fitted into other sections more suitably. Jusy my op.
I just don't wanna be the black sheep, so to speak, if I ever put a thread in there. :D
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Willow

Assistant Moderator
General section is a NineMsn default when the forums are first set up. It supposed to be for threads that don't seem to fit in anywhere else.
This 'Go ahead ask us anything' thread seems appropiate in the Gen section but heaps of others could have been put elsewhere.

I can see one that should have been put in the 'get to know you' section... another should have been put in the 'NRL' section... blah blah and so on. I should add that a lot of threads were placed in the Gen section prior to the new sections which were added later on.

The whole object of putting threads in their relevant sections is so they are easier to find later on.

imported_Outlaw

Juniors
Is there a web page that links multiple search engines together?
You know.... if you type in a word, a number of search engines like Goolge, Excite, Overture,Yahoo and others are linked to give you links. This way, rather than typing in the word on differnet Search Engines, they're all linked together in one pathway.
I'm sure there is...right?

I've been using AllTheWeb as my primary search engine for sometime now and have no complaints. I find it's the fastest loading and searching also. Quite thorough too.
Google is excellent but their only drawback is you get a lot of useless links...at times. I guess it comes with being the largest on the web. If you are inprecise with your "search" Google seems to be the way to go.
AltaVistais also worth a shot.
http://www.infopeople.org/search/guide.html
'fan-baller

O

ozbash

i have been trying to get hold of some sun glasses with the warriors logo etched/hologrammed into the lens.
they are not available in nz.

anyone know who sells them ?

Navigator

Juniors
Thanks again for your help gentlemen.
Have one other question which I've always wondered about: With the NRL salary cap.
Does the salary cap only involve the starting 13 of each team...the 17 man squad....or something other?

Navigator

Juniors
Thanks ElDuque. I'm even now more surprised at the goings on at some clubs.
Anyone know of a link where the salary cap is explained in detail?

Infuzer

Juniors
Anyone know of any links to differentRL web sites?
Surely there must be more out there then the normal handfull....?
Cheers.

J

Johnsy

Willow

Thanks mate, the only times you hear it used are in fact when I am with mates or on an old cop show. Cheers mate.

Johnsy

Willow

Assistant Moderator
No worries Johnsy. As long as you dont get called a map of Tassie you'll be fairly right I reckon.;)

C

CanadianSteve

Anyone know of any links to differentRL web sites?
I think Grubrunner a few months ago posted a thread with an exhaustive list of RL sites. Anyone know where that thread is?

V

Vertigo

I'm using Internet Explorer as my primary emailing account.
Under the "tools" banner, my "spelling" is not highlighted. Therefore, I can never perform a spell check upon completion of an outgoing email. Normally this wouldn't phase me, but of late I've been forced to use my email service as a contact between clients and sending a "messy" email, due to not being able to perform a spell check,can at times seem unprofessional.
Can anyone help?
V.

Latest posts