What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Go ahead!...ask us anything!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
RD, you dont have to have a banner. Go into the links section and click 'add a link'
You can add the above link yourself and you have full control over the description if you ever want to edit it.
Its a good system.

It's gone well beyond my expectations, legend. I honestly didn't think it'd get into the three figures let alone (possibly) four. It's taken a year, but it's been an entertaining one at that. I won't deny i enjoy this thread as much as any other here at LWOS.
ButI take no credit for it mate. Many fine members here have contributed to it over the last few months to make it what it stands for today. An entertaining thread that people can ask a variety of questions on different topics, and hope that others may be able to help them.
Like I said in my opening post just over a year ago - Well it's become apparent to me that there a lot of knowledge savy posters here, who know a little bit about a lot of different subjects. Not just sport.
I stand by that statement.
embeer.gif
'fan-baller

ButI take no credit for it mate. Many fine members here have contributed to it over the last few months to make it what it stands for today.
That maybe so Fan, but it was you who originally thought of the idea and put it into action. Well done mate.
This is also one of my favourite threads at Legends. I read back thru it all too often. Love it.
Bump to 1000.
Cheers - Aaron C.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
BFB: Its a goodun allright. :)
I've lost count of the amount of eye openers thanks to this thread. Well done.

The Prong has not yet received any help about where he can purchase a decent pair of Y Fronts that can cater for his member.

The Prong is packing some serious artillery.

The Prong

V

Vertigo

Well, I have to admit. It never occured to me for one minute that someone may have waltz in and deleted the links. I honestly thought it was going through a face lift or similar.
I think enough has been said about the person who did the deed. I just don't understand what possible, if any, thrill he/she may have endured from such vandalism.
To each their own....certainly in this instance.
V.

BFBaller,
I'm just curious what MailBomber you used. Sounds like something I can put to good use as a counter attacktowards these people who send me usell shite in my Inbox. I always thought that typing "Remove" in the subject line when replying to spam emails, would automaticaly make these folks from sending further garbage. Most do abide by that unwritten"code of ethics" but there are those who continue regardless. It's them I want to target.
Payback.
Cheers / AC

Javaman

Juniors
Many fine posts by many fine posters on this thread.
It gives me an ocassional reason to stray away from the boxing page here every once in a while. A great read about many different subjects. A big thumbs up to all here and BroncoFanBaller in particular for thinking of such a fun yet serious discussiontopic.
Javaman.

Navigator

Juniors
dlstar.gif
Instantly receives group messages in inbox.
I see some members here have the above statementappearingnext totheir username.
What exactly does that message mean? What group messages is it making refrence to?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
'Group' is theentire forum(s)... it used to be called 'Community' (which I still think was better).

The red asterix indicates that the forummer has opted to receive copies of all messages in their email inbox.

Navigator

Juniors
OkayI get it now Willow. Thanks.
While were on the subject of "what does ____ mean?" -----
What does the below emoticon mean? I've wondered since entering this community. Is that a pair of headphones on his head or is that a hallow? What is that?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Its called emangel.

I think it means the writer is angelic although I always think it means the writer is saying, 'don't believe a word of my crap'
I guess it all depends on the contents of the post.

I'll ask now and check later.
I may have read a similar type question someone askedbefore, but I'll ask mine.....
What do you do with a computer that won't start in Windows mode? A lot of foreign language and texts are appearing when it's booted.It's using Windows98. It'll start in "safety" mode but will not start in "standard" form where desktop items and the like appear. It doesn't let the user surf the net, look at files or anything. I gather it needs to be re-booted (somehow), but there's a problem. The user has important articles he has been writing for months in Word Documents for a magazinewhich he's stored under My Documents,but cannot get access to them. Even in "sefety" start-up mode. That's his only concern. He doesn't care about anything else. Infact, since the crash ( a fewweeks back now)he has updated to a new and improved computer, but still wants to retriev his lost douments.
I gather it need to be rebooted or Windows98 re-programmed into it to get it working again. But because he's moved on, he doesn't care about repairs. Just wants to put his documents into a hard disk so he can reload them into his new computer.
Can the "lost" documents be gathered without sending the CPU away for repair? What are his alternatives? I'm just trying to come to the aid of a young kid.
Cheers/Aaron C

Infuzer

Juniors
A friend had a simular kind of problem. His died in the arse completely.
He sent it away to some repair joint and they repaired it like new and got all his gismos back. Allfor $90.00.
If no one here can help andyou're interested, let me know here and I'll find out who did the repair and post details of the joint.
Are you in Sydney Aaron C?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Do they call that ghosting? Or what exactly is ghosting?
I've seen CDs which claim to 'ghost' the hard drive. I assumed it was some way of buffering information for storage on another Hard drive.