What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gold Coast Bears/Nth Sydney/Gosford

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
You know what will happen.

Year 1 9 games on the gold Coast, 2 @ gosford, 1 @ north Sydney

Year 2, Florimo:"we've decided to play 8 games on the GC, 2 @ Gosford and 2 @ north Sydney"

Year 3, Florimo:"we've decided to play 6 games on the GC, 4 @ Gosford and 2 @ north Sydney"

Year 4, Florimo:"we've decided to play 2 games on the GC, 5 @ gosford and 5 @ north Sydney.

Year 5, Florimo:"we've decided to play 6 games @ gosford and 6 # north Sydney"

Year 6, Florimo:"I regretfully inform you that we've gone broke and need $12 million from the nrl to survive.

Year 2, Florimo:"we've decided to play 8 games on the GC, 2 @ Gosford and 2 @ north Sydney"

Year 3, Florimo:"we've decided to play 6 games on the GC, 4 @ Gosford and 2 @ north Sydney"

Year 4, Florimo:"we've decided to play 2 games on the GC, 5 @ gosford and 5 @ north Sydney.

Year 6, Florimo:"I regretfully inform you that we've gone broke and need $12 million from the nrl to survive.
Haha love it!

Eelectrica

Referee
No more name changes,the 2nd Brisbane team should be the Brisbane Bears,with the old Bear colours.Play a game at NSO and 2 at Gosford..And 9 games at Suncorp.
Leave the Tits where they're at, the last thing they need is more disruption and dysfunction.
+1
Not sure about the Brisbane team though, but yeah every time the Titans seem to be gaining some momentum and goodwill in the community something seems to happen.
League support is here, we need stability and good management. Titans are still recovering from Searles blunders and seem to be almost out of that hole.

I'd expect the consortium of GC businessmen, probably headed by Frizelle to end up taking over, and that's what needs to happen. Another name change and they might as well pack the who thing up and move it to Gosford or Timbuktu for all anyone would care. They'd be handing the GC over to AFL.

TheVelourFog

First Grade
id love a Central Coast team, but to be honest I doubt they'd get many turn up

The Mariners struggle to crack 7k and they are the only game in town

Emu01

Juniors

I have already received two text messages from Norths fans living on the central coast today saying how happy they are that the Bears are back..

Plus you will get the north Sydney based fans traveling up to the central coast for games.

no name

Coach
Ritchie and Kent chortling on 360
'I didn't know the Bears still had that many fans left, hahahaha'

f**king News scumbags

carcharias

Immortal
I know one bears fan
The only one I've ever met

...and was a fan only because he had a job at the club.
He was from south Australia...
He is about to move to Tasmania for good.

Card Shark

Immortal
I follow the premiers mate.
The best team in the comp.

I think the sharks should buy the licence....Gold Coast Sharks - Black.

Seriously though, how dumb would this move be if the NRL even contemplated it.

Reading between the lines of the Telecrap article, they haven't even thought about it.

davi

Juniors
The Gold Coast appears to be a graveyard for teams in all sports.
I don't know why the NRL gave the GC a license to be the 16th team anyway. Did they not learn from the:
  • Gold Coast Giants
  • Gold Coast Seagulls
  • Gold Coast Gladiators
  • Gold Coast Chargers
4 failed franchises in the one city, yet they simply did not learn and decided to give them a 5th, whereas the bears lasted 90+ years on their own!

Ha! Chargers were kicked out of the comp, it actually ended up with a healthy bank balance and were able to give a loan to the Newcastle Knights after the teams tenured had finished.

North Sydney Bears were in 5 million dollar debt before the merger with Manly which is alot of money back in 1998. Their books were definitely not in the black before the merger happened.

Pommy

Coach

Although they're not even a good team in a poor league. But I get your point.

Pommy

Coach
Fans in Gold Coast would revolt. How many fans with Titans jerseys, shirts, caps, then would be expected to trump up money for Bears merchandise just to please hanger-oners in NSW.

The people who support this idea haven't thought through the challenges and backlash this could cause.

Well it's not just to please hangers on. The Gold Coast are owned by the NRL that can't continue indefinitely. You could say the Titans have failed and this is a way of the city keeping an NRL club.

Canard

Immortal
Well it's not just to please hangers on. The Gold Coast are owned by the NRL that can't continue indefinitely. You could say the Titans have failed and this is a way of the city keeping an NRL club.

I don't believe that the Bears are a geniune option, nor have the cash, to buy the Titans and this is a media beatup.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Fans in Gold Coast would revolt. How many fans with Titans jerseys, shirts, caps, then would be expected to trump up money for Bears merchandise just to please hanger-oners in NSW.

The people who support this idea haven't thought through the challenges and backlash this could cause.
All 6 would revolt?

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Didnt the NRL have to choose Gold Coast over central coast Bears back 11 years ago...

That was the time, to say sorry you lost but GC will carry your mascot and colours, as a small consolation prize..

Perth Red

Post Whore

Even if it wasnt the case the Sydney media would be continually speculating on this to the point the GC fans would give it up.

Latest posts