What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

gold coast consortium

Frailty

First Grade
How about:

Gold Coast Gods
Gold Coast Crocs
Gold Coast Giants
Gold Coast Sea Gulls
Gold Coast Chargers
Gold Coast Charging, Giant Seagulls

Gold Coast Waves
Gold Coast Shore
Gold Coast Sands

curry

Juniors
all i can say is, i would have loved to have them callled g c crocodiles but it wasnt to be, as it hasnt made the shortlist

What's with this animosity against names already picked by American sports teams? What's so Americanized about the names? I mean sure some of their names actually originated in North America like 76ers, Mavericks, Yankees (historical), Lakers (geographical), but most of them are standard English words like Pirates, Steelers, Whalers, Giants, etc.

Also, why consider Killaz but not Gryphons/Griffins? Forget that most people wouldn't know what it is (a magnificent mythical creature with the body of a lion and wings and head of an eagle), at least the name Gryphons don't carry the same negative connotations as Killaz to the standard population. I can see the headline now when they're on a winning streak, Killaz on rampage. You'd expect some violent mob out on a bloody killing spree with that. :roll:

I like Cyclones and Chargers but Surfers are probably the most fitting though.

curry

Juniors
im indifferent on the issue, but my shortlist is my shortlist

gryphons just didnt get a mention? maybe if you wrote to them and asked it to be included it might not be too late.?

I'm just questioning the logic in the argument. Since you're supposedly doing the research on the marketability of the names, that's my 2¢ on Killaz for your consideration.

curry

Juniors
fair enough, im just saying i dont pick the names, just workj out whats best, deliver information on the names

DIEHARD

----
curry said:
it looks as if one of the inspirations for gremlins walks amongst us...

It looks like you are a complete dickhead who can't even grasp the English language.

curry

Juniors
DIEHARD said:
curry said:
it looks as if one of the inspirations for gremlins walks amongst us...

It looks like you are a complete dickhead who can't even grasp the English language.

thats because ive only been in australia 16 weeks,

i was bona fide quality indian sensation till then

harry_strong

Juniors
guys, i think this curry dude is telling the truth.......

if his name is sukhdeep singh [which to me looks like he could be] then he is definately involved with the market research names.

Where is he? i would like to talk to pm him about this, anyone know why he has stopped posting.

_Johnsy

Referee
curry said:
no one knows what a gryphon is for a start

Please dont mistake your lack of intelligence as a general concensus for everyones intelligence. You would be surprised how many people know what a gryphon/griffin is.

Eelectrica

Referee
I'll admit the Griffins name is growing on me a bit, but I'd still prefer a name that can be more easily associated with the Gold coast such as Marlins or Mantarays. Mantarays really appeals to me for some reason.

But ultimately I'll just be happy to get a team whatever it is called.

_Johnsy

Referee
The main reason I like Gryphons is that it has a mystique to it. The logo's and marketing opportunities are endless. Not sure what colours would go well with a gryphon. I think grey would need to be incorporated somewhere. The colours would either make it look great or stoooopid. I like diehards logo but the colours need some twisting, not sure how but the colours just dont seem right, but love the logo. Diehard, is it possible to get the gryphon/griffin to stand on its hind feet more I think it would look awesome standing on its hind feet with its wings spread.

Who knows it may even have the remnants of a horses head out of its mouth :lol:

DIEHARD

----
_Johnsy said:
The main reason I like Gryphons is that it has a mystique to it. The logo's and marketing opportunities are endless. Not sure what colours would go well with a gryphon. I think grey would need to be incorporated somewhere. The colours would either make it look great or stoooopid. I like diehards logo but the colours need some twisting, not sure how but the colours just dont seem right, but love the logo. Diehard, is it possible to get the gryphon/griffin to stand on its hind feet more I think it would look awesome standing on its hind feet with its wings spread.

Who knows it may even have the remnants of a horses head out of its mouth :lol:

Yea it grows on me more and more every day.

I can't really change that logo, because I found it on the net and just altered it a bit. It took a lot of looking as well.

There are very few Griffins/Gryphons teams in the world!

I think the possibilities are endless as well. And a beautiful, proud, powerful and regal logo can be designed!

I would like the Gold Coast to keep their colours of Teal, Orange and White. I'm not sure how well they'd match with a Gryphon though.

_Johnsy

Referee
The actual gryphon/griffin could be predominately grey (wings) and just have the jumper (Teal, Orange and White) on the gryphon/griffin, I actually think youv'e looked at it ass end up. I wouldn't match the colours with a Gryphon, I'd match the Gryphon with the colours.

I do think a bit of grey needs to be put with the Teal, Orange and White. Just out of curiosity, which spelling do you prefer, Personally i'd go for gryphon.

harry_strong

Juniors
there is a Sukhdeep Singh that has a hand in the department of ACNelson that is looking after the Coasties.

He has either researched his lie vigourously or is telling the truth on this one.

has anyone suggested the Gold coast fly?

'superfly'

Hass

Juniors
Dogboy said:
Gold Coast Ironmen?

I've been touting this nickname for well over a year now and it just fits perfectly with the coast.

You can then have colours of red and gold (with white) - the only primary colours combination not already in use.

Cheers.

Latest posts