What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gold Coast Fraud

Hindyscrack

Bench
dodge said:
Did the Cowboys YG not play in the NSW first division for a number of years?

I doubt the Qld Cup will be all welcoming of the GC Dolphins as the Redcliffe Dolphins (the REAL Dolphins) are still not happy about the name-stealing.

The competition was known as Reserve grade and other interstate ARL/NRL/SL teams played in these comps. That was years ago

The Queensland cup side may not be the dolphins as with the Broncos/Clydesdales alliance. The dolphins will most likely alline with Tweed or Burleigh.

Redcliffe arent the QRL, so it is not their decision besides Tweed and Wynum are both the seagulls, they still play side by side in the QCup.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Brilliant comeback bomber, you've raised some very thorough points there. :clap: :clap: :clap: :roll:

Hindys, yes I realise Redcliffe aren't the QRL but I don't think they're going to lie down and allow the GC to have the name. There are already actions & petitions in place to my knowledge.

Oh man.....this is silly.

People, here is a tip: Never Argue with a Mug.

The Central Coast is the best option for an NRL club. Thats why they dont have a team any more! :D

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Actually I think the Cowboys played in first division in 2000, along with other NSWRL sides. They had a good side, nearly made the grand final that year.

Timmah

Staff member
Self-righteous is another one to add to LF's ongoing list of awesome character traits :clap: :roll:

JK

dodge said:
You seem to have an ongoing penchant for talking out of your arse.

While your brown-nosing mate JK seems to think what you say is indisputable fact, you need to be woken up and given a fresh pot of coffee.

Thanks for attributing me with a quality that is nowhere in evidence except in this thread.

Obviously being liked isn't that important on an internet forum but there is no reason to be a d!ckhead for the sake of it.

If brown-nosing is agreeing with someone then fine! It is one of the few areas I agree with LF anyway.

Newcastle does take a lot of its gate from people who travel from the central coast - Newcastles own research shows this. Having a central coast team would hurt this.

We also need a Qld team before a NSW team. Get in line CC.

Azkatro

First Grade
There are a lot more expats and tourists living on the Gold Coast than in the central coast of NSW. The latter will always be league territory I believe, with perhaps a little bit of interest in rugby union, but will never successfully be infiltrated by AFL.

The demographic on the Gold Coast however is going to be very susceptible to a marketing onslaught, which is right up the AFL's alley. If they got first crack there it'd be a very telling blow.

As EA mentioned, the bigger picture is what's best for the game as a whole and NOT what's best for each individual region. And that's why the Gold Coast is priority #1.

There are currently two existing QLD based teams who well and truly have their houses in order. A Gold Coast team won't affect that. However there are numerous NSW based teams that have had ongoing financial and performance and support issues for a number of years now. Adding another team in NSW certainly won't help that situation. And we've already seen what haphazardly throwing a traditional Sydney team up the coast will result in. If that's the only other option, that's going to take time to do properly. And having a team ready to go in 2006 is not what I call time.

Wellington is not an option because the Warriors are having a difficult enough time competing with union over there as it is. Adding another club won't help, as it will have the potential to sap the player resources of the Warriors and we all know how fickle the New Zealand supporters have been when it comes to lacklustre performances.

Gold Coast - only viable option for the near future.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
mightybears said:
terrigal boy
jump back in your hole

what sort of cc resident doesn't want a cc team
your mob shafted them bigtime

:-({|= :-({|=

Personally I couldn't really care, it's not like I'd go to the games anyway.

I'd rather a GC team, better for the game. Rather than some exctinct pissant club.

Sun_Down

Juniors
The Bears should not be allowed in over the GC or Wellington.

Everyone remeber what happened when the NRL annouced that it was delaying the decision for 12 months? Let me reminde you..

The GC were bitter, but pleged to continue their bid

Wellington said oh well, we will be back in 12 months, stronger than ever

CC said, thats it we give up, wheres rugby union?

Some loyalty!

girvie

Staff member
nospam49 said:
By 2020 the Gold Coast will have a bigger population then Adelaide.

The Central Coast with the North Sydney area and North Shore of Sydney is a much bigger area than the Gold Coast will ever be.

nospam49 said:
Where have the Central Coast juniors been going without an NRL team?

Thats right....they find their way into the system anyway and end up playing for other NRL teams!

The Bears are the team who have brought the Central Coast juniors into the top grade… O’Meley, Stringer, Orford, Kearney all started at the Bears.

nospam49 said:
You think with NRL clubs going to NZ for tallent they'd let a good young player on the Central Coast go missing? :lol:

The CC doesnt need a club for their juniors to have a path to the NRL. Just as country players didnt need an NRL team based in their home town to make it in the NRL.
Southern Rooster said:
The game right now needs a Gold Coast side before a Central Coast side. The good juniors on the Central Coast will be snapped up by good talent scouts and will not be lost to the game.

Under that theory the good juniors on the Gold Coast will be snapped up by talent scouts and will not be lost to the game.

nospam49 said:
Squeezing a team between Manly and Newcastle....two teams struggling to get the backing they need......its a dumb idea only people from the central coast could come up with.
nospam49 said:
The Broncos have the whole of Brisbane to themselves.....they currently have all of South Queensland to themselves.....one team within 100 kms wont have an effect on the Broncos!

Look at where the CC is. Manly to the south....struggling to get back on their feet. A junior base thats poor, they need private backing just to survive.

To the North, Newcastle. A big junior base, a team that struggles every year to keep afloat. They have gone into 2005 without a major sponsor and its not the first time this has happened with the Knights.

What some want to do is slot a NRL team between these team. It will have NO rooms to grow. No big corperations to back it on the CC....it will drain junior players, sponsors and fans from two teams that are already struggling.

If Manly and Newcastle are struggling it has nothing to do with the Central Coast. The Central Coast is a completely different area than the Manly or Newcastle areas, they dont overlap, and bringing in the Central Coast wouldnt impact the Manly or Newcastle.

Maybe the NRL should put all 15 clubs, and the Central Coast, Gold Coast and Wellington bids under the criteria. I am sure both the Central Coast and Gold Coast would be in the top 15 teams under the criteria.

girvie, your post is typical of the stupid, blinkered approch that the remaining ahdnfull of Bears fans have.

Its a biggest area then the Gold Coast......Geez, I guess that puts Alice Springs in the box seat..... :lol:

Actually Girvie has come up with a not bad option.

Tell the current 15 teams that they + Wellington, Gold Coast, Central Coast will all need to put in bids to join the premiership in 2007 and the best 16 will be taken. I think Wellington would miss out and both the Coast's will get in which means one existing NRL club would most likely miss out. It would be a very interesting exercise.

Southern Rooster said:

Tell the current 15 teams that they + Wellington, Gold Coast, Central Coast will all need to put in bids to join the premiership in 2007 and the best 16 will be taken. I think Wellington would miss out and both the Coast's will get in which means one existing NRL club would most likely miss out. It would be a very interesting exercise.

The Central Coast gets in on the back of the fact they have a stadium and nothing else? :roll:

Timmah

Staff member
nospam49 said:
Southern Rooster said:

The Central Coast gets in on the back of the fact they have a stadium and nothing else? :roll:

A post typical of the stupid, blinkered approch that the a handful of Dolphins fans have.

Bomber

Bench
I can't believe the selfishness of the Central Coast supporters

"Oh, who gives a flying f**k about the health of rugby league in Australia, who gives a shit about the big picture....let's put another team in New South Wales BECAUSE WE'VE GOT A STADIUM!!!!"

:roll: Give me a f**king break

MayMoo

Juniors
The selfishness of The Central Coast ??

The Central Coast claim has a little more to offer than the fact there is a stadium ready.

It also encompasses the North Shore of Sydney, and the Central Coast.

It would enable a foundation club the ability to continue in a perfect marriage with an adjoining area (which was the idea with the original move).

I have sympathy with the GC, but when you look at the facts, The Central Coast Bears deserve to be admitted sooner rather than later.

I can't believe that the NRL will continue to turni t's back on the Central Coast and North Shore.

It (Bears admission) has to happen !!

Latest posts