What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gold Coast hunt for a new name

DIEHARD

----
91.7 Coast FM - helping us hunt for a new name
May 13, 2005

The crew at 91.7 ABC Coast FM is helping us try to find a new team name – and you can join their hunt to find one!

All you have to do is phone your suggestion through to the Breakfast Show from next Monday the 23rd of May.

You have until 10am Friday June 3 to register your idea for a new name. The number to call is 1300 903 917.

Judges will select a top twenty list that will then be posted online at abc.net.au/goldcoast from Monday 6th June so you can vote for your favourite.

91.7 ABC Coast FM will then send us a list of the top five most popular names.

This is a great way to get some new ideas for names before we have to make a final decision in the next couple of months.

So start listening to 91.7 ABC Coast FM - get thinking – and then get voting!

http://www.goldcoastrugbyleague.com.au/newname1.shtml

Bears/Central Coat fans show some maturity for a change and keep out of the thread unless you have valid input to contribute!

DIEHARD

----
The great footy team name hunt!The Gold Coast NRL Bid Team is on the hunt for a new name - and we’d like your help to help them.

We need you to help us come up with a list of five names – five names we can submit to the Bid Team for consideration on behalf of ABC Coast FM listeners.

From next Monday May the 23rd – all you need to do is phone your idea for a new team name through to Briony Petch during breakfast on 1300 903 917. Or use the guestbook right now.

You’ve only got five days to phone your suggestion through – after that – judges will pick their top twenty and then you get to vote for your favourite name on that list online - but I’ll tell you more about that when we get underway.

So start thinking – and then start phoning from next Monday – who knows – yours might be the name the Bid Team’s been waiting for.

http://www2b.abc.net.au/goldcoast/guestbook/default.shtm

Jae

Juniors
Lets just steal some foreign sports team names...

Gold Coast Supersonics
Gold Coast Bulls
Gold Coast Lakers
Gold Coast Grizzlies
Gold Coast Rockets
Gold Coast Hawks
Gold Coast Spurs
Gold Coast Timberwolves
Gold Coast Clippers
Gold Coast Celtics
Gold Coast Jazz
Gold Coast Wizards
Gold Coast Cavaliers
Gold Coast Bobcats
Gold Coast Mavericks
Gold Coast Pistons
Gold Coast Warriors
Gold Coast Pacers
Gold Coast Bucks
Gold Coast Heat
Gold Coast Hornets
Gold Coast Magic
Gold Coast Suns
Gold Coast 76ers
Gold Coast Kings
Gold Coast Trailblazers
Gold Coast Knicks

Actually, Gold Coast Rockets doesn't sound too bad.

imasharkie

Coach
Diehard I'm a sunshinecoaster and want to vote as I will be following the new GC team as my 2nd team and will attend as many home games as my job will permit. Can I put my recommendations on by internet or email. Thanks

Latest posts