What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gold Coast hunt for a new name

OVP

Coach
Mad Dogg said:
But Gryphon looks the best. ;-)

too pretentious though ... griffin is best ;-) ... the old classic authors would love you, instead of hating you for being a pretentious git :p

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Bah, we want a bit of hate drummed up. Some negative feeling is always good for the atmosphere at games. ;-)

OVP

Coach
Mad Dogg said:
Bah, we want a bit of hate drummed up. Some negative feeling is always good for the atmosphere at games. ;-)

Well may i just wish you the very best then ? You'll have John Cartwright as your coach and sometimes, just sometimes, i wish he was our coach. He has an incredible insight and by god it'll be great to see this guy in action. This Gold Coast team will be sh*t hot !! Woohoo !! Go those Griffins :lol:

DIEHARD

----
Something to get the imagination going.

goldcoastgryphonsgriffins2.jpg

OVP

Coach
Thats absolutely sensational Diehard. Even tho i hate your spelling, that emblem really captured what we all wanted for the logo/emblem ... superb !!

:clap::clap::clap: Surely everyone can agree on an emblem like that ... where's cliffy ? :)

nqboy

First Grade
That's one emaciated lion. It looks like one of those silly dogs that should be fed to a real dog.

Coaster

Bench
For me its the Gold Coast Pirates

The Slogan could be a skull and crossbones with the words "Pirates are coming 2007"

Mascot could be a Parrot, and of course pirates

When near the tryline, trumpet sounds, everyone yells "PUT EM TO THE SWORD"

Pirates would live on the GOLD Coast

Everyone gets an eyepatch as they go though the gates

Has been a local pub side called pirates for years here, so allready a support base.

Half time a massive float comes onto the ground, as a Pirate ship, with the cheerleaders

Easily get a team song

Could keep Dolphin jersey colours

Great logo

Kid friendly

Could name stands Starboard stand, Port stand ect, and the bench would be ofcourse the plank

T'shirts for supporters "I am a Pirate" skull and cross bones

Sponser "Bundy Rum"

Endless possibilities

Sir Clifford GC

Juniors
curious said:
For me its the Gold Coast Pirates

The Slogan could be a skull and crossbones with the words "Pirates are coming 2007"

Mascot could be a Parrot, and of course pirates

When near the tryline, trumpet sounds, everyone yells "PUT EM TO THE SWORD"

Pirates would live on the GOLD Coast

Everyone gets an eyepatch as they go though the gates

Has been a local pub side called pirates for years here, so allready a support base.

Half time a massive float comes onto the ground, as a Pirate ship, with the cheerleaders

Easily get a team song

Could keep Dolphin jersey colours

Great logo

Kid friendly

Could name stands Starboard stand, Port stand ect, and the bench would be ofcourse the plank

T'shirts for supporters "I am a Pirate" skull and cross bones

Sponser "Bundy Rum"

Endless possibilities
hahaha
too much time dood

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
maybe the logo could have the seagull , the giant and the charger all the bottom with three arrows pointing together to say theyve formed whatever animal or logo they choose ie gryphlin , gremlikn, pirate, earthquake, pythons..

DIEHARD

----
doctor death said:
It is "half eagle" - meaning maly will relocate.
It is mythological - just like most of the GC bid.

Very appropriate.

f**k off Dr Deaf you dumb merkin or I will start playing hard ball with you!

rugged

Juniors
Of the above ones, I would choose

Cougars
Surfers
Phoenix (like the reference to the ashes of the previous teams)

griff

Bench
OVP said:
the source of the word griffin comes from "fantasy" novels by many authors ... griffin IS the correct pronunciation/spelling.

nobody, in the entire history of humanity, has EVER known what a gryphon is or was or will be. Stick with the original, thank you.

The source of the word isn't from fantasy novels. The source is ancient mythology, which fantasy authors have made use of.

There is no single accepted spelling for gryphon, so both are correct.

The dictionary says the word comes from the latin gryphus, so seems to be more "original" and accurate to use that spelling than griffin.

In any case, it isn't that unique and is a pretty silly name.

Latest posts