What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good Luck BRET & Under 20's

macnaz

Staff member
Out of what has been a terrible year its good to be able to watch 2 lower grades go around on GF Day. All the best guys.

I'll second that mac, good luck boys.

it will be good to get back here at games end to see what we 'experts' :roll: have to say.

Mascot Tiger

Juniors
Agreed.
Just shows what an idiot coach we had who refused to reward players in our reserve grade squad with good form.
Lets hope they can bring home the titles

macnaz

Staff member
ive already seen the first reason why Grant should have been in todays side. He wouldnt have been outleaped there for the first try. Agia has been ordinary lately.

Sam Thaiday said in regards to Jacob Miller today: he is cool, calm and collected.

Gee imagine a half in 1st grade who was cool, calm and collected :?

nikko

Juniors
fmd miller impressed me - it pains me thinking that he was not given a proper go this year......

Great effort by coach Payten and his young team today.

Hopefully Todd, you can work with the new 1st grade coach and influence whoever that is in regards to giving the young kids like Miller a go a 1st grade.

macnaz

Staff member
Full credit to Payton, their defence all season has been first class for under 20 standards and then to keep a points machine like the raiders to 1 try is a massive achievement ... a total contrast to the Sheens 1st grade defencive culture.

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
How clinical did the NYC team look in the last hour of the game?

Fast defensive line that held its nerve.

Halves worked well together.

I should have just watched NYC all year, much less aggravating

Mario chalmers

Juniors
fmd miller impressed me - it pains me thinking that he was not given a proper go this year......

Interesting interview with Anasta post game

Anasta says 'good way to finish with the club, youre heading off to Hull next year?'

Miller 'not sure if that's happening yet mate but yeah really happy with the season.' He was really shaking his head. If those two are both at the club next year it will be really awkward and for this reason - Miller deserves a fair go but Anasta will sulk if he doesnt play in the halves.

I remember Freddy Fittler on the footy show last year and they showed highlights of the Roosters game where Anasta played fullback. Everyone laughed at Fittler with Braith dropping bombs - Freddy says 'He sulked when I said I wanted to play him in the forwards instead of the halves - what choice did I have?'

Worrying signs

hutch

First Grade
Miller played well today, but then again so did everyone. I'm still not overly fussed on him, he has been fairly ordinary in a lot of the games I've watched this year. Koribete however is an absolute gun!

Miller 'not sure if that's happening yet mate
Joel Caine on 2GB said during the game that he is staying at the Tigers.

It is now officially the 'silly season' so lets be silly. Maybe he will train the entire summer at 7 with the 1st grade team.

moller

Juniors
Balmain were pretty unlucky, had the better of the game and just couldn't finish the opportunities they generated. Shame Meaney had an off day with the boot after last week's efforts. Humble going off early didn't help either.

20s were far too good. A bit of a sketchy start, but looked a level above after the first 10-15.

Good day out.

R2Coupe

Juniors
If you watch the Fox highlights of the NYC game, watch the acceleration of Mulchay when Koroibete scored his 2nd try. He quickly gathered in the Canberra winger Reuben who is reputed to be a speedster to get up to support Koroibete. Although he eased off it gives a good indication of his pace.

R2Coupe

Juniors
His ability to be up there in support reminds me of a great Bulldog 5/8.

The pass he threw to Santi when Koroibete scored his first try was also a beauty.

macnaz

Staff member
Very impressed with all the games ive watched him play, he may even surpass Miller as a possible 1st grade talent if he keeps improving.

R2Coupe

Juniors
Miller and Mulchay work together well as a pairing thanks to Payten's foresight. Let's hope they are kept together to develop a combination. Go even one step further with Santi at lock results in a scrum base trio.

macnaz

Staff member
If u had to pick one for 1st grade as a 7 who would you pick R2? I think Mulchay could be a good 7 as well.

Latest posts