What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodbye Bellamy

Surandy

Bench
I think the only person that truly knows what will happen with Craig Bellamy is the man himself, and maybe his immediate family.

All this rumour does is destable the situation. It's bad enough that the Melbourne and Sydney media does this on a regular basis but to have someone that claims to be a Storm supporter starting rumours like this is just despicable!!!

Storm are here to stay and they will survive, with or without Craig Bellamy. Craig, the team and the fans don't deserve this sort of treatment.

Mark, unless you have concrete evidence then quit with these rumours.

Try supporting the Storm instead of running them down.

Surandy

AuckMel

Bench
Surandy said:
I think the only person that truly knows what will happen with Craig Bellamy is the man himself, and maybe his immediate family.

All this rumour does is destable the situation. It's bad enough that the Melbourne and Sydney media does this on a regular basis but to have someone that claims to be a Storm supporter starting rumours like this is just despicable!!!

Storm are here to stay and they will survive, with or without Craig Bellamy. Craig, the team and the fans don't deserve this sort of treatment.

Mark, unless you have concrete evidence then quit with these rumours.

Try supporting the Storm instead of running them down.

Surandy

Good on you.

Rugby League's biggest enemy remains Rugby League itself.

Rockn

Juniors
Kaz said:
Rockn said:
The Broncos are a stable, well performed, attractive club.

So well performed we lost 8 in a row last season.

I mean over the last ten years! I mean attractive club as they are well performed over the years... last year does not change history

Rockn

Juniors
Tamazoid said:
Rockn said:
I think Bellamy will go to Melbourne, along with Orford and probably Slater and Smith, who both are Qlders and more than likely would rather be close to there families aswell. Who can blame them, I'd want to be with my family as well. The Broncos are a stable, well performed, attractive club... unfortunately Melboune won't reach the same heights :(

So Melbourne's premiership doesn't count for performance? It isn't well run? Sheesh.

It does, but it won't stop the place falling to peices, they can't afford this interuption, not after the last couple of years, and especially since Bellamy has done so much work last year, they don't need this let down. Who's gonna replace Orford, etc if they leave? They have very few juniors, so have to buy players, so who's gonna go there when the coach and players are turning over so frequently? Don't get me wrong, i'd rather see Melbourne stay in the comp, and I think Bellamy should stay, especially after Melbourne have given him so much, probably alot more than what the Broncos have done for him!

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I reckon Melbourne should develop some juniors down there. Melbourne's been in the comp long enough to develop some locals, theyve had one player from the Victoria thats played for them, Jake Webster. Maybe in a few years time theyll be a lot more.

AdamH

Juniors
Melbourne are the most important team in the NRL at the moment in terms of making our game greater in Australia. If we lose Melbourne then we'll ALWAYS be east coast and NZ.

Why don't the Storm take a few players from the VIC comp and try to develop them. Even if none of them aren't really up to NRL standard at first they could learn.

Mark Rudd

Juniors
Well well well. Seems I started something eh. Well forgive me Surandy and the rest, but I care about the Storm as much as anyone. I never started any rumours about what IS happening, just what I think MAY happen.

I'd HATE to see Craig leave as much as anyone, but I can read the signs as to where I think he probably will be going next year.

I really really really hope I'm wrong.

Surandy

Bench
Mark Rudd said:
Well well well. Seems I started something eh. Well forgive me Surandy and the rest, but I care about the Storm as much as anyone. I never started any rumours about what IS happening, just what I think MAY happen.

I'd HATE to see Craig leave as much as anyone, but I can read the signs as to where I think he probably will be going next year.

I really really really hope I'm wrong.

Yes you started something Mark. I wonder how Craig, Reebs or any of the Storm players would feel if they have read your thoughts on where the Storm is going. Have you asked any of them if there might be any truth to your speculation?

I hope you're wrong too, and I hope that Craig Bellamy signs a long term contract to coach the Storm. If that happens I also hope that you'll apologise to Craig for doubting his loyalty and intentions.

Surandy

Surandy

Bench
PARRA_FAN said:
I reckon Melbourne should develop some juniors down there. Melbourne's been in the comp long enough to develop some locals, theyve had one player from the Victoria thats played for them, Jake Webster. Maybe in a few years time theyll be a lot more.

There'll be another locally born player in the squad, but not for quite a few years yet......his name? Aston Bai.

Alan Shore

First Grade
Marc Brentnall should play for the Storm in the short-term future so that would take the count to two. When either he or Wesbter cement a spot in the team, the Storm really need to plug it in the media.

Mark Rudd

Juniors
Yes you started something Mark. I wonder how Craig, Reebs or any of the Storm players would feel if they have read your thoughts on where the Storm is going. Have you asked any of them if there might be any truth to your speculation?

I hope you're wrong too, and I hope that Craig Bellamy signs a long term contract to coach the Storm. If that happens I also hope that you'll apologise to Craig for doubting his loyalty and intentions.

Surandy

Whoa whoa WHOA! What do ALL players and coaches think of the speculation we fans make on boards like this? Happens doezens of times everyday of the week here and on every other board in the world Surandy.

Who said anything about loyalty and intentions? He signed a one year deal. The media were speculating WELL before I did that he'd be down here for only one year.

And I think he will too. If he stays, great! If not, so be it.

MRL to all. :)

Surandy

Bench
Mark Rudd said:

Surandy

Whoa whoa WHOA! What do ALL players and coaches think of the speculation we fans make on boards like this? Happens doezens of times everyday of the week here and on every other board in the world Surandy.

Who said anything about loyalty and intentions? He signed a one year deal. The media were speculating WELL before I did that he'd be down here for only one year.

And I think he will too. If he stays, great! If not, so be it.

MRL to all. :)

Who signed a one year deal?

Surandy

Bench
Mark Rudd said:
2?

What ever it is.

MRL to all :)

So good to see you are so confident that Craig Bellamy will leave Storm at the end of 2004 but you don't even know how many years he has signed to Storm for.

Storm for the 2004 premiership!!!!

Latest posts