1. Out Now: The Front Row rugby league magazine

LeagueUnlimited.com is proud to launch a brand new weekly publication to accompany your footy weekend.

This week we have a special feature on how fans of fantasy footy survived the lockdown period between March and June thanks to Joshua Wells - he speaks to Jamie from NRLCEO Fantasy.

EDITION 7 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Goodbye friz

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by Saints111, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Saint_JimmyG

Saint_JimmyG First Grade

He was never allowed to be a match winner.

blacksafake and RED73V like this.
  2. RED73V

RED73V Juniors

I understand your point SGMax . It would be very hard to put in when you don’t respect the person delivery the half time speech. That’s why at representative level Tyson excelled , every player was on the same page . Don’t forget Mary’s useless bench rotation 9 times out of ten there would be one reserve who would only get about 10 minutes of play when all the forwards needed a much deserved rest . Hence the second half fade outs & decline in the later part of the season. Mary’s power game & NO PLAN B.

3. muzby

muzby Village Idiot Staff Member

Four grand finals but still couldn’t win?

No wonder people used the choker tag.

merahputih and sa1nt5 like this.
  4. muzby

Good lord. Can you talk without shouting?

A few things:

1. What’s a comprehender?

2. So you’re blaming Mary for St George not achieving 11 in a row again, even though he’s only been in place since 2014? What happened to the 50 years before that?

3. No-one is saying Illawarra take “credit” for the 15 premierships. What I’m saying is that St George didn’t win one when they went out alone from 1982. Illawarra didn’t win one either. What I’m pointing out to you is that the club is stronger together than it is apart.

Your argument isn’t really coherent.

5. possm

possm Coach

The SGI Board, club managers and head coach are responsible for the decline of our once-great St George Club. Rather than work in the best interest of our Club, their effort seems to be all about self-interest and backroom deals that benefit only themselves.

I only hope this big disruption to the NRL will initiate the necessary changes to make for a more fair and well-managed system. I believe we will see some Clubs merge, the introduction of Club contributions towards their salary cap, an NRL / player-manager controlled TPA system that follows player no matter which Club they play for and a system more reliant on gate attendance than TV rights.

Let fans and supporters of the game of rugby league have more influence on the success of Rugby League Football Clubs. Fans and supporters should have skin in the game.

Dragon David likes this.
  6. Saint_JimmyG

Saint_JimmyG First Grade

If Super League provided one lesson, it was that to merge teams means less fans.

7. Kiwi Dragon supporter

Kiwi Dragon supporter Juniors

Tyson is a very good player, but no one is irreplaceable. He had the odd weakness in his game. Not a great off loader and he is inclined to spill the odd ball at crucial times. Every club loses a premier player occasionally, so St George are not the exception Sure coaching is a big problem, but with an able replacement and the promotion of some talented young players, things will start to look up. There may be a fair bit of restructuring of the league competition after the dust settles on the current crisis..

Belta and Como Connection like this.
  8. RED73V

RED73V Juniors

I am not shouting merely emphasising the point. Look :eyes: up comprehender because then you might understand & you won’t feel incoherent.

9. Saint_JimmyG

Saint_JimmyG First Grade

You’re asking a bit too much there.

I see you’re a new contributor here...welcome. Once you get to know Muzby’s unique foibles, then things will become clearer.

Dragonsamy and sa1nt5 like this.
  10. muzby

You are better off putting something in bold instead of using capitals. Capitals in written text denotes shouting.

And whilst I applaud you for using a no longer used word, it still makes no sense in the context which you’ve used it.

Now that we’ve addressed point number 1, can you please address points 2 & 3.

11. muzby

Yeah, he signed up before you did...

This should be an interesting comeback..

Saint_JimmyG likes this.
  12. Saint_JimmyG

Saint_JimmyG First Grade

HUH?

BTW, if a word is found in a lexicon, then it isn’t no longer used.

DUH :rolling_eyes:

13. Old Timer

Old Timer Coach

And you are always scolding others for being off thread
    You expect others to ignore bi-play but heavily indulge yourself and of course your constant inclination to pedantry shows your inanity as almost everyone else but you comprehends and understand intent.
    Your obsessive compulsive behaviour is there for all to see.
    Try self isolation for a while and that might help you understand your shortcomings better.

Banjo2014 likes this.
  14. Willow

Willow Administrator

15. The Silverdale Phantom

The Silverdale Phantom Bench

Sgi thought he was good enough to be offered what they said was one of their best deals in their history.

So they saw a lot of good in him as a footballer and on other levels.

The issue is that he declined to accept it for the wider unknown.

Now he’s in a catch 22.

But it is unlikely that sgi would have been able to keep to their word anyway.

He may end up somewhere else next year, once a vaccine or cure is found. The knights will be close to death financially I think.

The clubs should try to keep key staff to keep players with them. Connect and be good clubs with supplies and advice. The players will consider that when they can’t command the same salaries etc.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
  16. muzby

RED73V - Joined: February 20, 2015
    Saint_JimmyG - Joined: July 8, 2016

Pretty sure that makes him an earlier joiner than you, but I’m sure you’ll find a way to say that I’m wrong.

Now, do you actually have anything relevant to contribute to either the premiership or Friz discussions?

17. muzby

Hi OT..

Are you here to discuss either our premiership history or Frizell’s move? Or are you just in here to play the man again?

Do you think Friz will do better or worse in the inferior steel city?

18. Old Timer

Old Timer Coach

Right on cue more punctual than any Sydney train or bus
    I am just sorry that I forgot to include
    “predictable” in my previous post to you.

Dragonsamy and Saint_JimmyG like this.
  19. muzby

Interesting, so would you say that Friz will play on the left or the right side of the Knights pack?

20. Frederick

Frederick Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, nah. We're owned by the West's Group and turned a million dollar profit last year. We're fine