What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodwin debuts for Raiders!

nickraider

Juniors
Dobbo is one of the few players who has been playing consistent footy imo. Cannot believe he's been given the punt :crazy:

The Horse

Juniors
fair enough didn't realise he was named in PL. Only caught parts of the game on sunday what was his defence like? thats the only reason he could be dropped

dubby

Bench
I applaud Neil Henry for making the tough calls. We called upon Elliot to do so for so long, now we have a coach who does.

Having said that; I am VERY surprised DObbo has been given the flick. Very surprised!

Maybe it is a disciplinary action?

I am so keen to see Bickerstaff play, this guy is a good player. I think we've missed Logan for the past few weeks as well, so its good to see him back.

I cant imagine defence being Dobbos problem. He's up against Joey Williams! Mind you, Asotasi and co will run all over Dobbo, Carney and Campo will fare better.

aussies1st

Staff member
Hope it's just a ploy to give Dobson a wake up call not that he needed one and then on the day he'll be back at halfback.

Timbo

Staff member
Mick Dobson better be starting with the number #18.

Hinchcliffe was pretty bloody solid too.

I'm ecstatic to see Goodwin getting a run but leaving Dobbo out is sheer lunacy.

Mal Meninga

Bench
The Horse said:
fair enough didn't realise he was named in PL. Only caught parts of the game on sunday what was his defence like? thats the only reason he could be dropped
He's pretty small so he goes around the legs alot which allows for quick play the ball. I'm a big fan of Carney but his defense IMO is worse. Toddy is steam rolled every time because he goes too high or just plain misses his man.

legend

Coach
The scrum chip n chase is enough for any first grade player to be dropped and that play among all others showed his lack of experience and composure at a crucial stage in the match.

How he copes with this setback is up to him. He can either sulk or come back a much better player. I'm banking on the latter and he'll only be down there for a week.

Tilse is friggin lucky to be there at the expense of Thurling, who seems to be the sacrificial lamb under both Elliott and Henry.

Turner should be back in PL as well. I don't rate the bloke at all.

legend

Coach
Fair enough. My mistake on that one but Henry must have seen something he didn't like in his game last week and I think it will be a short stint. He's a very good player but still only young.

I love the look of the forward pack though minus Tilse. He's useless!

ak47

Juniors
this has to be the most changes we have made in a week - in a decade!!!

can someone find out the last time we made sooo many changes??

Good on Henry for being so vigilant with poor performances

although i agree with most, dobbo's dropping is a shock, and a bad call.

time will tell if Campo/Carney combo will pay off

Glad to see Goodwin finally in 1sts.

bring it

Mal's Milk

Juniors
legend said:
Fair enough. My mistake on that one but Henry must have seen something he didn't like in his game last week and I think it will be a short stint. He's a very good player but still only young.

I love the look of the forward pack though minus Tilse. He's useless!

Someone needs to get in Tilse's ear and tell him to imagine he's playing against the Knights every week, it's the only time he's played to his potential.

Mal Meninga

Bench
To be honest I think he's being dropped because he's out of here next season. We're trying to build for a premiership run in a year or two and Campo will probably fill that 5/8 gap till Herbert is ready.

And yes Thurling is very unlucky. Had a poor game by his standards but he's a damn good player. Bring in Raston for Tilse.... Alot of talk of him being a potential rep player but he's not angry or thick enough to become a dominant player.

legend

Coach
Where do you think Dobson is going? Surely at his age he should be showing some loyalty to the club that gave him a free trip to Europe!

Sydney_Raider

Juniors
Give Tilse a break, why doesn't Thommo come under the same scrutiny. Tilse was forced to play longer on Sunday when Jones was Ko'd. A lot of his work goes unnoticed and I don't have any trouble with him being there. I think Logan and Weyman will also bring out the best in him.

legend

Coach
Tokyo_Raider said:
legend said:
The scrum chip n chase is enough for any first grade player to be dropped and that play among all others showed his lack of experience and composure at a crucial stage in the match.
I presume this means you'd like Tongue dropped?

No, Tongue has runs on the board but if you read my shambles thread, you will see I was very disappointed with the way Tongue played on the weekend. He was very poor and how often have you heard of a team dropping their captain after one bad game? Tongue's chip was the stupidest play I have seen this year by far and for the captain to try such a high risk play with the game in the balance is inexcusable.

I think you should be dropped and you definitely wear a tu tu!

legend

Coach
Sydney_Raider said:
Give Tilse a break, why doesn't Thommo come under the same scrutiny. Tilse was forced to play longer on Sunday when Jones was Ko'd. A lot of his work goes unnoticed and I don't have any trouble with him being there. I think Logan and Weyman will also bring out the best in him.

I think a sting in reggies with his nuff nuff mates Howell and Best will bring out the best in him.

At the moment, he's a lump who offers little and submits far too easily for a man of his size.

legend

Coach
Sydney_Raider said:

I think a stint in reggies with his nuff nuff mates Howell and Best will bring out the best in him.

At the moment, he's a lump who offers little and submits far too easily for a man of his size.

Mal Meninga

Bench
Thommo was appalling too. Atleast he's running abit harder this season but he needs to start leading the pack around or else bring on Logan/Weyman/Raston/Miller as props. None of those boys would take a backward step.

Dobson's destination? Maybe ESL considering he's well regarded over there. Possibly Newcastle as they need a halfback to replace Johns, Tigers, Broncos, Sharks or even Dragons(They wanted him last season).

Latest posts