What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gordon/Barba/Holmes

island pro

Juniors
I don't think his performances warrant a spot, certainly not at the expense of Gordon or Holmes, and getting picked on salary/reputation is wearing thin. I want the Dally M Benny as much as the next bloke but the reality is that he isn't around at the moment.

Card Shark

Immortal
Playing him (or any back for that matter) off the bench was always a weird move - as who does he replace??

We've missed our opportunity to get him back into the starting team.

After he scored the try against the Knights, I thought he looked slick (& happy).

Now he's back to shit.

The smart thing to do yesterday would've been to bring him on when we were dominating but Flanno has a plan & can't change it to suit the "feel" of the game.

Ct073

Juniors
When are they going to wake up.
Barba is not a impact player anymore.
You will never get the 2012 form from him again.

If you ask me money should have spent elsewhere.

bluefox1968

Juniors
The net result - Wayne Bennett knows what he's talking about, and we signed him on the 'wishful thinking' principle.

Of course, I also had hoped he would do well, but...

millersnose

Post Whore
I remember when benji marshall was out of form

thank gawd we didn't sign him

he is playing shyte......

azzah72

Bench
I remember when benji marshall was out of form

thank gawd we didn't sign him

he is playing shyte......

The difference with Marshall is they persisted with him and he turned the corner.

It cost the dragons a season but now they are starting to click.

We couldn't do that here at the sharks, you guys would have brain aneurysms.

You guys are already slitting your wrists after losing in a pretty competitive game to the panthers.

Their forwards were bigger than ours due to injuries and they have good depth in the backs and halves. IJ, Koroisau & Smith are solid players who were desperate.

We should have won but were weren't shit.

This was always going to happen. You cant crucify Barba for his performance when he was only on the field for what, 35 mins? Half the time he fills in at dummy half, and half the time Val is playing at fullback. It's just weird and it is not working.

Card Shark

Immortal
Time to bite the bullet Flanno.

Drop Gordon, or a centre or Barba.

I think drop a centre & put Bird there & Barba back to 5/8, to alternate a bit with Bird.

chewsta

First Grade
Barba is getting a lot of unwarranted criticism. FMD he gets 30 minutes on the field and everybody expects him to score 4 tries and set up 6 more!
We lost that game in the forwards as soon as Lewis came from the field. He was the only forward actually doing his job and going forward yesterday. Most of our tries came off the momentum started by Feki at our end of the field.
If we had both Fifita's and Gallen playing yesterday we would have steamrolled them into oblivian and THEN Barba would shine.

txta2

First Grade
I thought the Sharks slowly won the wrestle up to about the 60th minute. Then they blew it, the wheels fell off. The one out stuff killed them.

Latest posts