What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gota Agree with Fitzy

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
i made the trek down to melbourne, and after the game walking out i was expecting to get blasted and picked on heaps, yet the melbourne supporters didn't even care or celebrate, it was dead, a few beeps of the horn the odd flag being waved.
I understand if they didn't want to celebrate to much because of what happened last year, but if that was parra who won, the streets of parra would be closed because there would be a massive party going on.
This Melbourne team has killed it the past 2 seasons and it seems the supporters don't even care, my mate made the comment that walking out of the stadium was just like walking out of the cinemas.....silence quiet, it was like they had lost....i never agree with fitzy but i understand why he says the game wont ever develop in melbourne, no body cares about it!!!

every cab i got in had no idea there was a game on the people at the hotel were confused, people in the streets looking at us like we were from another planet coz we had parra jerseys on, some little kid comes up to me and says do you support west coast eagles hahahaha.....they really dont care for league down there

philstorm

Juniors
What garbage.

Made the trip down myself for the Broncos match. Was as vocal as any other match i'd been to in Sydney - and as I was wearing my Storm jersey afterwards whilst walking throuh Crown, had most people coming up and asking how 'we' did.

Sorry to disappoint, but I suppose the knowledge that you've lost in a Prelim yet again would make you delusional.

Grail

Juniors
No they don't.
Didn't make the trek as I couldn't afford it, but my missus is from Melbourne. Her family is still down there and there are a few sports buffs in it. But they wouldn't know and/or care about the Storm.

But it's all an exposure thing.
Until League starts getting shown on TV at reasonable times then nobody will really care. The NRL needs to demand that Nine boost their coverage to Victoria if the Storm are to grow. If Nine don't want to do it, then Fox should be allowed to show games live. It's a disgrace that a city with a team in the NRL can't actually see NRL games unless they stay up to the wee hours of the morning. It's draconic in this day and age.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
philstorm said:
What garbage.

Made the trip down myself for the Broncos match. Was as vocal as any other match i'd been to in Sydney - and as I was wearing my Storm jersey afterwards whilst walking throuh Crown, had most people coming up and asking how 'we' did.

Sorry to disappoint, but I suppose the knowledge that you've lost in a Prelim yet again would make you delusional.
mate i was there yesterday, i was happier than most melbourne fans because iw as proud of the eels, during the game they were vocal which is good, but im just making the point that they dont even really show passion which is a shame for a team that has done so well for the past 2 seasons

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
Whoosh said:
hindmarsh4pm = sore loser
hahaha sore loser, never been prouder of my team mate, my grandfinal was last week, beating the dogs was enough for me.....whatever happened against melbourne i didnt really mind, no body gave us a chance this season yeah we were there with the last 4 teams which to me is a good effort, goodluck to melbourne im going for them in the grandfinal, because i hate manly and jamie lyon doesn't deserve to be a winner

Butters

Bench
Wow it's almost as if there's SFA advertisement and live coverage of league in Melbourne

philstorm

Juniors
hindmarsh4pm said:
mate i was there yesterday, i was happier than most melbourne fans because iw as proud of the eels, during the game they were vocal which is good, but im just making the point that they dont even really show passion which is a shame for a team that has done so well for the past 2 seasons

So let me see.

Because you solely 'didn't see' passion (maybe you should have taken off the blinkers), you believe noone was celebrating?

Get your hands off it.

Stormboyz

Juniors
There were a couple of thousand of us at the after party at The Bistro and some hard core partying was going on.
We have bigger fish to fry this Sunday than worrying about celebrating a piss-ant prelim final.

Quidgybo

Bench
hindmarsh4pm said:
...they really dont care for league down there
So? 30,000 turned up and thousands more watched it on the box. The advantage of a city the size of Melbourne is that even a small slice of the market is huge. Does it matter beyond that? Or are we going to jealously keep RL to ourselves and those who already love it at the expense of ever trying to win new fans?

Leigh.

it was a bit of an embaressment for ch9 yesterday when they interviewed Ryan Hoffman after the game and asked him was he impressed by Manly on Saturday night and he replied something along the lines of 'wouldn't have a clue, 9 didnt put it on until midnight'

roopy

Referee
Well in 2001 i was one of the estimated 30k people who lined the F3 for 15klm just to watch the boys go off in the bus to Sydney the day before the grandfinal - and i can't see Melbourne having anything like that passion - but i'm sure there are a lot of fans pretty excited.
It would be good if they could have a training session open to the fans where they could go and feel the excitement. For a fan, the week leading up to the grandfinal can be the most exciting time ever - it's like every fan of your side is your brother for a week.

macavity

Referee
roopy said:
Well in 2001 i was one of the estimated 30k people who lined the F3 for 15klm just to watch the boys go off in the bus to Sydney the day before the grandfinal - and i can't see Melbourne having anything like that passion - but i'm sure there are a lot of fans pretty excited.

setting the bar a bit high roops... no other team has the mass of supporters as passionate as we are.... :cool:

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
hindmarsh4pm said:
hahaha sore loser, never been prouder of my team mate, my grandfinal was last week, beating the dogs was enough for me.....

That's even lamer than being a sore loser.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
roopy said:
Well in 2001 i was one of the estimated 30k people who lined the F3 for 15klm just to watch the boys go off in the bus to Sydney the day before the grandfinal

it just shows you how little there is to do in newcastle :lol:

tiger_nick

Bench
I can see where hindy is coming from. As a parra fan he probably assumes every teams supporters think their team will choke in the prelim semi and that if they don’t, they would celebrate like crazy.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
tiger_nick said:
I can see where hindy is coming from. As a parra fan he probably assumes every teams supporters think their team will choke in the prelim semi and that if they don’t, they would celebrate like crazy.
spot on mate, you read my mind, geez ur good

Latest posts