What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gotta love the bitternes coming from these old lol@souffs relics.

carcharias

Immortal
I read that and I think he has a valid point.
Roosters are asking for salary cap exemptions to keep him.
Why the f**k should they?

Even his own kiwi selectors ( ritchie Barnett) don't rate SBW's antics.

H.H

Juniors
First we had the fossilised McCarthy bagging our players after we won the comp, now we have ole broken jaw Shittler coming out and bagging SBW.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ha...end-john-sattler/story-fndv38w0-1226735605332

I have to say, keep that bitterness coming you ole souffs fossils as it makes our win all the sweeter.

Chook.
It's actually really embarressing for them and I'm sorry to see them behave this way.

Bagging Sonny's work ethic is just ridiculous, especially when comparing him directly to McCarthy. I'd never bag him and he was obviously a super player, but work rate was something he was specifically not known for.

Obviously Satts didn't watch the 4-0 semi against Manly...what was it, 41 tackles and 15 hit ups? There were 5 other occaisions where he topped 30 tackles in a match and 8 games where he made 15 or more hit ups.

Not sure what the averages are for a backrower, but his stats seem fine to me....and then you add his impact and the quality of his work so to bag any aspect of his play is absurd.

If they want to have a go about this NZ thing then fair anough as it doesn't look great, but leave the rest alone.

100% sour grapes.

Chook

First Grade

If you can't see the marketability of SBW then you are as clueless as Sattler. Bag him for his backflip over the Word Cup fair enough, but for Sattler to bag him over his work ethic, he's got a broken brain.

Chook.

dice

Juniors

Roosters are really just asking the NRL to stop being so stupid in counting boxing earnings as part of the roosters contract. Roosters have already shown they can bypass the stupid rule anyway by getting SBW to box outside of his roosters contract and re-sign just prior to season start. Anyone who sees this roosters request as a favour rather than commonsense is clueless.

Gentleman John not so gentlemanly in his senile years.

juanfarkall

Coach
Sattler is just a bitter old man who made a name for himself by chipping a tooth and having a bleed in a GF. McCarthy has about as much cred as his business dealings in the 80's and the selection of Steve Turner in the NSW team.

carcharias

Immortal
If you can't see the marketability of SBW then you are as clueless as Sattler. Bag him for his backflip over the Word Cup fair enough, but for Sattler to bag him over his work ethic, he's got a broken brain.

Chook.

ey
I said he has a valid point re the roosters asking for salary cap exemptions to keep him and that Barnett has bagged him out for not comitting to NZRL.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Yeah. How dare Kenny-dowell play on with a broken jaw.

Doesn't everyone know that's sattler's thing and no-one else can do it?

Well, it would help if more than 1 in 5 league fans remember who john sattler is....

POPEYE

Coach
John was making up for the year before the broken jaw when we all sat there waiting for Balmain to get a flogging that never came. Satts was remonstrating the entire game about the Tigers faking injury, slow play the balls and excruciating time wasting. '69 migh'tve been the best year for muscle cars but a bad one for muscle men . . . Satts was never the sharpest tool in the shed

John was making up for the year before the broken jaw when we all sat there waiting for Balmain to get a flogging that never came. Satts was remonstrating the entire game about the Tigers faking injury, slow play the balls and excruciating time wasting. '69 migh'tve been the best year for muscle cars but a bad one for muscle men . . . Satts was never the sharpest tool in the shed

Makes him a prime candidate to be the next Chairman of the Eels board then.

gronkathon

First Grade
I believe there are already salary cap exemptions in place in terms of the marquee player allowance.

No club should bet more then any other in that respect as it defeats the entire purpose of the salary cap rules.

If they want to keep him and meet his asking price then they have to release a few players to cover it.

It is the reality of winning a premiership that you lose a few guys

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
These old blokes are great for a comment to keep their names up in lights.

They have every right to comment, but the comments are irrelevant to what modern players do. It is simply a different game to the one Sattler and his mates played and the take it or leave it approach to keeping players in the game also shows no insight for a modern world with so many $$$$ at stake.

Speaking of stupid Souffs fans where's that mong bunnies man gone off to? Did he neck himself after manly pumped them?

Infact most Souffs fans from this place have gone MIA :lol:

aqua_duck

Coach
I love it when dinosaurs from yesteryear come out bagging modern day players. The truth is guys like Sattler wouldn't make 1st grade today, the game has evolved so much, a player with SBW's physique didn't exist in Sattler's time.
Besides why are these souffs 'legends' wasting so much time bagging roosters players, they should worry about their own team's failure

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Speaking of stupid Souffs fans where's that mong bunnies man gone off to? Did he neck himself after manly pumped them?

Infact most Souffs fans from this place have gone MIA :lol:

Nemsis rearranged his DNA at a Glory Hole in Eastlakes & big country is still flashin the Big 20 top at Kens of Kensington.

newman

First Grade
I love it when dinosaurs from yesteryear come out bagging modern day players. The truth is guys like Sattler wouldn't make 1st grade today, the game has evolved so much, a player with SBW's physique didn't exist in Sattler's time.
Besides why are these souffs 'legends' wasting so much time bagging roosters players, they should worry about their own team's failure

Sattler was a premiership winning captain. Sure, his comments are irrelevant but to suggest he wouldn't make first grade is sheer stupidity.

Chook Norris

First Grade
""He can't be considered a great of the game, imagine putting him in the same league as Bob McCarthy, Ron Coote or Reg Gasnier," Sattler said.

"He doesn't get involved enough, he hangs around and every so often he will make a great run, but he has no work-rate."

SBW @ NRL GF:
14 hit-ups, 141metres -
the most of any player in the Grand Final

"no work-rate" :lol: :lol: :lol:

dumb.

Latest posts