What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gould reviewing Dragons.

Dragsters

First Grade
Sorry mate,

I know you are as passionate as they come, and offer well intended suggestions, just thought it was time as a collective to acknowledge that as long as the board remains on this path, then any changes will be superficial or sacrificial ( as in lower level employees, known as scapegoats.)...

Expect a professional drafted review that will be lengthy in wording, but absolutely hollow in intent and substance, once this farcical review is public. Macro objectives, without any micro analysis.

I've never seen this forum so united in our disdain.

Its a sad state that such unity arises from the depths of despair.

Much like the previous review was according to Gould.

A very extensive and academic external review was completed with not a lot of the recommendations implemented, according to the club.

This sounds like another case of "the club will complete a full review" in order to quell the outcry until the news cycle moves on and then change very little, regardless of the recommendations that come from it.

They are fools if they think we will fall for the smoke screen again...

fedzy

Juniors
Apparently Mcidiot has been asking Gould through out. He is not here to decide on coach future. So we have the Idiot for least the first half of they year.

SMH mentioned the reluctance of the WIN side to act and even called into question the desire to provide funds. So no deep pockets from WIN, more like a play thing for his son to pass the time.

Gould has also publicly said playing out of two homes doesn't help. So who gets the games, I guess it will not be Dragons.

Just hope the club stays rich enough otherwise the dragons will become WIN steeler dragons.

Go Titans please. Only chance the board dragons side of the board will fire up with BJ.

BBTB

Juniors
"It already seems decided, though, that assistant coaches Ben Hornby and Mathew Head will be sacked while Dean Young is tipped to survive. He’s considered a head coach of the future, but he’s not yet ready."

Can anyone explain to me what Dean Young has done to be considered a head coach of the future? I mean apart from having his Dad on the Board.
That's exactly where
the problem lies.

soupnazi

Juniors
Rest assured, they are fools. Each wasted season beginning 2012 has proven that.
Havent been to a game since 2011 semi v Brisbane. I could see what was going to happen!
I believe Bennett sabotages clubs when he leaves. Hes done it at every club hes left and every assistant that comes in after him has failed as per his recommendations.
Enter Mary. Any coach was a better option than Price. Bennett told him to basically f**koff when he made it too complicated on training drills.

TruSaint

Referee
Havent been to a game since 2011 semi v Brisbane. I could see what was going to happen!
I believe Bennett sabotages clubs when he leaves. Hes done it at every club hes left and every assistant that comes in after him has failed as per his recommendations.
Enter Mary. Any coach was a better option than Price. Bennett told him to basically f**koff when he made it too complicated on training drills.

Blaming Bennett ?
Yes he comes and goes on his terms, but he was an employee.

What the Club did in the years post Bennett is on them. Not Bennett.

ChocOConnor

Juniors
What Gus should ask Mary firstly. Why have you not got guys like coops and gasnier to help out in the backs with there attack and defence. Poor old Coops even stated he would love to help out but he can’t even get into the inner sanctum to say anything. Oh what I would do to have him as part of our coaching

getsmarty

Immortal
What Gus should ask Mary firstly. Why have you not got guys like coops and gasnier to help out in the backs with there attack and defence. Poor old Coops even stated he would love to help out but he can’t even get into the inner sanctum to say anything. Oh what I would do to have him as part of our coaching

Would probably show up certain people....

Angela Smith

Juniors
I'll lose all respect for gould if he doesn't recommend changing the coach.

I won't have anything to do with the dragons and their sponsors. Already moved all my finances from St George bank..

RedVDragon

Juniors
It’s simple why coops can get a gig. He was a much better centre that McIdiot. Coops will show him up deluxe.

denis preston

First Grade

Still not enough old boys to clog up our system Choc so you want to add more ? Coops might have some thoughts but articulating them may be a issue.

utility dragon

Juniors
I’ve spent a few hours thinking about all of this.
I am really struggling to think what actually needs to be reviewed
Isn’t it all there for everyone to see and the action required self evident?
No review necessary whatsoever
True! So the only other reason is why we don’t have to change anything. The review is for excuse making. Sack the board for not sacking McGregor and sack McGregor for not sacking himself. Review done!

Latest posts