What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gould the Master Spin Doctor

10$ Ferret

Staff member
What ever you think about Gould , good or bad, the one single truth is that he is no where near as great as he thinks he is. Also I would be willing to pay more than $1 for HIM to shut up

Reactions: Vee

soc123_au

Staff member
What ever you think about Gould , good or bad, the one single truth is that he is no where near as great as he thinks he is. Also I would be willing to pay more than $1 for HIM to shut up
Gould grates people but he is very good at what he does. His double edged commentary is annoying as f**k and is so he can always be right no matter the outcome, but his record for the last 30 odd years cant be argued. He knows how a club should be set up for success and how to put the right people in the right roles.

He makes a few errors and falls in love with certain players a bit too easy, but he set the path for the Roosters back in the 90's then us, early days at the Dogs, but the trajectory is headed in the right direction. Look at all 3 clubs pre Gus. Transit Lounge, Perennial under achievers and f**kin' basket case.

Wb1234

Immortal
1. Won the comp with the dogs in his first year of.l coaching

2. won panthers first ever conp in his second year there

3. turned around the roosters from transit lounge

4. best nsw coach ever

5. saved panthers leagues club from bankruptcy

6. Oversaw development pathways that developed one of the best teams in the history of rugby league

7. turned the dogs from a basketcase

dare say nobody knows more about rugby league than he does

Apey

Staff member
Gould grates people but he is very good at what he does. His double edged commentary is annoying as f**k and is so he can always be right no matter the outcome, but his record for the last 30 odd years cant be argued. He knows how a club should be set up for success and how to put the right people in the right roles.

He makes a few errors and falls in love with certain players a bit too easy, but he set the path for the Roosters back in the 90's then us, early days at the Dogs, but the trajectory is headed in the right direction. Look at all 3 clubs pre Gus. Transit Lounge, Perennial under achievers and f**kin' basket case.
Gus has a good football brain squirreled away behind an extremely irritating egotistical persona and a million agendas.

Like a lot of the media personalities, he's better on his own podcast/show. I can watch 6 tackles with Gus for the insight but I'd just about rather shoot myself than watch 100% footy.

1. Won the comp with the dogs in his first year of.l coaching

2. won panthers first ever conp in his second year there

3. turned around the roosters from transit lounge

4. best nsw coach ever

5. saved panthers leagues club from bankruptcy

6. Oversaw development pathways that developed one of the best teams in the history of rugby league

7. turned the dogs from a basketcase

dare say nobody knows more about rugby league than he does
100% agree with all of that

Nuke

Staff member
I'm not a supporter of any of those clubs, but I'd take Gus at my club in a heartbeat if he can work his magic there too.