What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gould's assessment is spot on!

RufusRex

Post Whore
In stickys career as a coach the one area he has consistantly failed in is developing a successful halves combination ... When he landed the gig at the roosters he inherited a good pairing in Fitler and Wing but since then he has not been able to get the required attack out of his 6 and 7 ...

Strange considering he was such a decent half himself ... Maybe its the old adage of a cobbler walking around in sh*tty shoes.

we have scored 1 less try than last year by my count.

the problems are glaring. injuries, over structured and cramped play. hooker etc.
we need to figure something out fast.

coolumsharkie

Referee
In stickys career as a coach the one area he has consistantly failed in is developing a successful halves combination ... When he landed the gig at the roosters he inherited a good pairing in Fitler and Wing but since then he has not been able to get the required attack out of his 6 and 7 ...

Strange considering he was such a decent half himself ... Maybe its the old adage of a cobbler walking around in sh*tty shoes.

Our halves are not the problem this year RR, Our catholic board members and injuries haven't helped but our main problem is the backs.

How many Did Penrith buy? How many did the Roosters buy? How many did parramatta buy? Broncos? melbourne?

you are an idiot.

You dont build your club by buying wingers. The club is doing its best to follow the Sullivan model which is going to be great for the club.

Bronco's bought Falou

Warriors bought Kemp and Moon

Dragons bought Boyd

Rabbitohs bought Wesser and Best

Bulldogs bought Morris

I could go on but you can see my point.

I'm not saying you have to buy half a dozen outside backs.

But at least one decent backline player would've been nice!!

All those signings have made a huge impact to those respective sides.

They're all 2 from 3 and the Broncos are undefeated!!

As for a model in building a team dip sh*t just look at Manly.

That is it they built a TEAM!

Whatever position they were deficient on they filled it.

They brought numerous outside backs to the Club.

Robertson,Lyon,Bell,Wolfman etc..

And they all featured prominently in their wins.

So there goes your theory out the window dopey!

DJDL

Bench
I thought they were going to be good too. I was wrong. Where are they now?

Beat me to it. Merritt aside, I can't think of one back we let go that has gone on to do anything remotely close to making me want them back..

I watched the game again this morning and one thing is painfully obvious:- Brown and Pom need to be taught immediately how, and when, to trail Toups. That guy is creating so many opportunities which are just not being capitalised upon.

cheese

Bench
I'll be honest.....I didn't even tip the sharks this week.

With buster out, the loss was a sure thing.

He's the only halfback since the great Adam Dykes that the players seem to respond well too. He plays what's in front of him.

I won't slit the wrists 'til I see us play on a dry track with him in the 7.

It's pretty clear our lack of speed is a weakness though

We need some abz in the side. Get Orchie in there.

DJDL

Bench
I'll be honest.....I didn't even tip the sharks this week.

With buster out, the loss was a sure thing.

He's the only halfback since the great Adam Dykes that the players seem to respond well too. He plays what's in front of him.

I won't slit the wrists 'til I see us play on a dry track with him in the 7.

It's pretty clear our lack of speed is a weakness though

We need some abz in the side. Get Orchie in there.

You had me till then

Frailty

First Grade
You had me till then

Don't you remember that when we had both Dykes and Kimmorley, management was trying to offload Kimmorley to keep Dykes, but amazingly it was the other way around...

As well as when Kimmorley was going to be dropped by round 5 last wasn't it?

And remember Dykes was a gun... So good that Parra didn't want him he was that good!

cheese

Bench
Black_Marlin.jpg

dovif

Juniors
Clovell is just too slow and have poor hands to be out on the wing, the day of carrying a kicker is over, Stewart need to figure that out

We did not remotely come closed to scoring in the first half, and we had 4-5 sets of 6 on St G's line, I think Gould is spot on.

Both Gallen and Barrett are ball runners, they can occasionally pop a short ball, but neither can give us width in attack, Green has been shocking

We are going to need a lot more in the inside back and outside back to be competitive

Eion

First Grade
Clovell is just too slow and have poor hands to be out on the wing, the day of carrying a kicker is over, Stewart need to figure that out
You've lost the plot, he's one of the safest players in the nrl