What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gould's assessment is spot on!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Bronco's bought Falou

Warriors bought Kemp and Moon

Dragons bought Boyd

Rabbitohs bought Wesser and Best

Bulldogs bought Morris

I could go on but you can see my point.

I'm not saying you have to buy half a dozen outside backs.

But at least one decent backline player would've been nice!!

All those signings have made a huge impact to those respective sides.

Thanks for posting that. I was hoping some goose would. It shows that we have purchased the same amount of backs as any other club.
We paid big dollars for Barrett & wright.

spider

Coach
i agree cheese

if we stood next to the bunnies for the athem it would be a ying & yang mix

our side is too white

RUBIKS

Juniors
I think someone else posted it in another thread, however thanks to the way we play it wouldn't matter how good our backs were. Ferguson and Simmons were out there getting a tan on Sunday. They were set and ready for anything when we were parked on the Dragons line and the only time the ball looked like coming right was if a forward ran it there, only to be sent left again one pass and tackle at a time.

How often do you see the ball go through the hands? Not very often.

chewsta

First Grade
Personally I think Gallen is getting too involved, you could really see his frustration yesterday and its only a matter of time before he does something he'll regret I noticed a few dirty niggling things creep back into his tackles towards the back end of the match yesterday. We need the rest of the team to step up and take some pressure of him. Im a big fan of Snowden but he didnt seem to be out on the field very long yesterday, was he just quiet or was he not on the field? I expected a big game from him after the one against the knights.

In regards to past backs, ide like to have Besty back in Sharks colours.

We might have great defence, but FFS that was one hell of a boring game yesterday. If our attacking weapon is a cross-field kick to Simmo, then we might as well forget about this season.

Darius Boyd was running rings around us.

Thanks for posting that. I was hoping some goose would. It shows that we have purchased the same amount of backs as any other club.
We paid big dollars for Barrett & wright.

Your clutching at straws again.
Wright is an established First Grader??

Barrett was just a straight swap for Kimmorley.

So no substantial additions to the 3/4 backline.

You didn't challenge me on the Manly model.

So I'll take it you know you put your shoe in some sh*t on the ridiculous statement that you don't buy lots of backs to build a Premiership team!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
The Manly model is simple. spend 2 salary caps in one year. Then find a way to release players in order to stay under the cap. A good way is to release fringe players with deflated payout figures. Who will check to see what a fringe first grade player is on.

The point to start we cant score tries, our backs are not backs in most cases, we are still having issues with forwards in the backs, Pomeroy is a 2nd rower trying to be a back, i can understand it in emergencies, but he is not a centre.

The backline from weekend.

1. Brown - He looked like a fullback, Ricky must stick with Brown for at least round 10
2. Simmons - He is a winger yesterday he was ok, but this should be last chance, never to pal if fails again.
3. Pomeroy - He is not a centre he is flat foot in defence, no speed off mark in attack to the forwards or bench
4. Ferguson- He is young, but struggling another couple games if nothing put him back in 20;s for couple weeks.
5. Covell - Just too slow, he is not going to run 50 metres for a try
6. Barrett - Injured has to lead the backs
7. Green - awful what happedn to our kick chase game, he should be first down on kicks every time, its something that the sharks have done for the last few years, the halfback leads the chase.

Backline this weekend
1. Brown
2. Simmons
3. Stapelton
4. Ferguson
5. Orcher
6. Wright
7. Seymour

Speed to burn have Pom on bench to cover any issues out wide

Hows that Manly model going?

40-0 in last years GF!

It went pretty f*cken awesome.

Manly lost the first two games last year remember........

There's not too many world beating teams in this comp at the moment.

Brett Stewart isn't a bad player to come back for them either.

f*ck imagine if he was coming back for us this year.....

Frenzy.

Immortal
The point to start we cant score tries, our backs are not backs in most cases, we are still having issues with forwards in the backs, Pomeroy is a 2nd rower trying to be a back, i can understand it in emergencies, but he is not a centre.

The backline from weekend.

1. Brown - He looked like a fullback, Ricky must stick with Brown for at least round 10
2. Simmons - He is a winger yesterday he was ok, but this should be last chance, never to pal if fails again.
3. Pomeroy - He is not a centre he is flat foot in defence, no speed off mark in attack to the forwards or bench
4. Ferguson- He is young, but struggling another couple games if nothing put him back in 20;s for couple weeks.
5. Covell - Just too slow, he is not going to run 50 metres for a try
6. Barrett - Injured has to lead the backs
7. Green - awful what happedn to our kick chase game, he should be first down on kicks every time, its something that the sharks have done for the last few years, the halfback leads the chase.

Backline this weekend
1. Brown
2. Simmons
3. Stapelton
4. Ferguson
5. Orcher
6. Wright

7. Seymour

Speed to burn have Pom on bench to cover any issues out wide

Why FFS? Have you seen the NYC squad play. They are atrocious. They get flogged.

What is this obsession people have with needing to put young blokes in en masse just because they might run fast. None of them can create. None of them have NRL standard defence. None of them have any experience yet apart from Fergie and he has a massive 3 games.

You want to see bad football? YOu really want to get into some serious suicidality?

Then go ahead Sharks, pick a team like these nuffies want to see play so they can see how silly their ideas are.

FMFFJJ

Frenzy.

Immortal
40-0 in last years GF!

It went pretty f*cken awesome.

Manly lost the first two games last year remember........

There's not too many world beating teams in this comp at the moment.

Brett Stewart isn't a bad player to come back for them either.

f*ck imagine if he was coming back for us this year.....

No there's not. We are on a par with most. So why the doom and gloom?

Why FFS? Have you seen the NYC squad play. They are atrocious. They get flogged.

What is this obsession people have with needing to put young blokes in en masse just because they might run fast. None of them can create. None of them have NRL standard defence. None of them have any experience yet apart from Fergie and he has a massive 3 games.

You want to see bad football? YOu really want to get into some serious suicidality?

Then go ahead Sharks, pick a team like these nuffies want to see play so they can see how silly their ideas are.

FMFFJJ

The NYC have been going well this year.

Only got flogged last weekend.

They are 2 from 3.

Stapleton would not be out of place in First Grade.

Players like Orcher are miles away from First Grade.

No there's not. We are on a par with most. So why the doom and gloom?

Because you can actually see that on the players faces and how their going about their football.

The body language is terrible.

I heard Gallen interviewed very recently and even he seemed down.

I reckon Anderson walking out on them really hurt them.

Then to lose Ross and Kearney for the season was icing on the cake.