What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gower - claimed to be gooooooooone

innsaneink

Referee
mxlegend99 said:
No one f*cked Penrith over. With or without Craig, we had more then enough money spare to keep Wallace. We just didn't think he was worth what the Broncos did. They screwed themselves over.

Although i'd rather use Firman and one of our young guns next year then Gower and Wallace anyway. Wade Graham and Jarrod Sammut are the strongest possible halves for us in the future. Keeping Wallace around would be pointless IMO. Firman can cover us till they're ready.

Dont kid yourself buddy, thats bullsh*t and you know it.

The Tank

Bench
innsaneink said:
Dont kid yourself buddy, thats bullsh*t and you know it.

Penrith have said today that it wouldn't have made a difference if Gower left now or 2 months back - they weren't going to pay what Brisbane were willing to pay for Wallace.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Penrith will be right for the future in the halves. Wade Graham injury permitting will have the same impact on the club Alexander and Gower did, the kid is the best talent ive ever seen.

innsaneink

Referee
The Tank said:
Penrith have said today that it wouldn't have made a difference if Gower left now or 2 months back - they weren't going to pay what Brisbane were willing to pay for Wallace.

Where?

The Tank

Bench
Earlier this month, gun 21-year-old Wallace confirmed a lucrative switch to Brisbane next season, leaving Panthers fans disappointed the club didn't retain the talented five-eighth/halfback.

But Leary said even if the Panthers knew back then that Gower would be leaving they still could not have matched the Broncos offer and retained the local junior.

"When the question was asked what was needed to keep him, the amount that was told to me was something that was desperately out of our range," said Leary.

"We were not even in the ball park."

From Sunday sorry

http://news.brisbanetimes.com.au/gower-could-leave-panthers-in-the-lurch/20075424-k5d.html

Caged Panther

First Grade
Weidler is a tool, you didn't need to hear him say he doesn't like gower to know it. You only need look at his column in the herald. Every few weeks just a litte snide comment/story about Gower.

I'm glad somebody finally called weidler out for being the d**khead he is. I'm sure his constant 'stories' about gower have played there part in gower packing his bag.

bluesbreaker

Bench
:roll: Yeah, poor old Groper getting crucified. I'm sure it's all Weidler's fault that Groper allegedly bit a man and allegedly touched Wayne Pearce's 17 year old daughter on the vagina, then allegedly chased his son around, then allegedly went at guests with a knife. It's not his go :roll:

Just like it's not Priddud's go to swear at every ref each week. Panther fans are as stupid as Canberra Fans when it comes to these two clowns.

The Tank

Bench
bluesbreaker said:
:roll: Yeah, poor old Groper getting crucified. I'm sure it's all Weidler's fault that Groper allegedly bit a man and allegedly touched Wayne Pearce's 17 year old daughter on the vagina, then allegedly chased his son around, then allegedly went at guests with a knife. It's not his go :roll:

Just like it's not Priddud's go to swear at every ref each week. Panther fans are as stupid as Canberra Fans when it comes to these two clowns.

Hey not all of us are delusional. Gower is a gronk. Dunno what to say with regards to Priddis - all players swear at the ref - some are caught, some aren't.

P.S. You suck! That is all.

Caged Panther

First Grade
bluesbreaker said:

I'm not for a moment suggesting gower hasn't brought the media attention on himself at times but Weidler carried on with sniping gower long after these issues were dead and buried. Meanwhile other players who put other peoples lives at risk by drink driving, who are actually charged with sexual assault don't get the sort of attention gower got for something trivial like the nothing incident at a nightclub earlier this year.

bluesbreaker

Bench
I hate Gower because he's a f**kwit, as evidenced by his repeated idiocy. Priddud is another matter, he's been a wanker to a friend of mine. Hope he enjoyed his stint in premier league. May there be many more!

The Tank

Bench
bluesbreaker said:
I hate Gower because he's a f**kwit, as evidenced by his repeated idiocy. Priddud is another matter, he's been a wanker to a friend of mine. Hope he enjoyed his stint in premier league. May there be many more!

He didn't play PL - he's being rested.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Gower is still a panther legend after 11 years of First Grade and being a premiership winning captain, its unfortunate that so many forget this.

The last few years of his career have been less than harmonious and its mainly his own fault. If he's not happy here then I don't want him playing for us, we need players that are hungry, focused and progressing. We also don't want people failing to find touch twice in the same half!

I think we need to give Firman a go as Gower's replacement. Many supposed 'experts' call the guy a nuffy and I would agree with them on much of the form he showed at the Roosters and Cowboys but when he debuted in 2003 he was one of the rising stars of the NRL at the Dragons. He deserves a chance to prove himself again and he's getting it this weekend against the Broncos.

pantherz9103

First Grade
bluesbreaker said:
Priddud is another matter, he's been a wanker to a friend of mine. Hope he enjoyed his stint in premier league. May there be many more!

The guy is of a dud just because he loses form now? He's a Clive Churchill Medallist and has been one of our best players for most of the time he's been at our club :roll:

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Yeah Pearce of Craig you tool, i worry for the s**ts at the grey gums though who are they gonna get groped by on Sat nights now,,,

aysi

Juniors
gee love all this,they were great on the radio last night,and who heard Hadley yesterday you could tell that hurt him,tried to blame Gower and did'nt mention his over the top rants on his shows.

But bottom line
Gower,great footy player and Panthers legend.
Hadley,leached on the game for years and has given very little back
danny,times hadley by two,but i get the feeling that he is real teachers pet,dober and arse licker,really gives sports journalist a bad name

Alex28

Coach
What it comes down to is that Craig would rather go overseas and act like a dickhead rather than either modifying his actions or copping the ramifications of his dumb actions.

You know - if you want to stop seeing yourself in the paper - stop acting like a cocksnap champ. Seriously...he's at an age where you can't blame youth for the way he acts any more. I doubt the french are going to tolerate some of the crap he gets up to.

JJ

Immortal
Gower's a tosser that seemingly won't accept he brought the attention on himself... and it seems he's a lying f**k too, and owes that dribbler Wiedler an apology :lol:

Latest posts