What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gower - claimed to be gooooooooone

forward pass

Coach
Munky said:
Weidler wasn't right though.

The dribbler claimed an immediate release was being sought by Gower to go play union for Italy in this years world cup.

Instead his release is after the season and to play in France.

How the hell would he qualify for Italy ????

but weidler claimed the story as an exclusive, which was reported on the radio like 4 hours earlier, and he still got it half wrong anyway, f**k weidler

as for gower, bah, bout time, he is good, but so overrated, not the god everyone makes him out to be

funny he chose italy, if he played in england or france he would be a bench player in a lower division

Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
but weidler claimed the story as an exclusive, which was reported on the radio like 4 hours earlier, and he still got it half wrong anyway, f**k weidler

as for gower, bah, bout time, he is good, but so overrated, not the god everyone makes him out to be

funny he chose italy, if he played in england or france he would be a bench player in a lower division

he didnt choose italy at all , he will be playing French club rugby Union.

He is however eligible to play for Italy because his Mother is Italian, it had nothing to do with choosing it.

Tom Shines

First Grade
Well to Danny's credit he was spot on the money and made Gower, Channel 7, and the Sunday Telegraph (especially Rebecca Wilson) look mighty foolish indeed.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Gower's in a heated interview on 2UE now,where he ripped into Weidler even more finishing with "i dont like the man"

Mr Saab

Referee
Weidler replies and says
He doesnt like Craig either. Doesnt like how he has conducted himself over the past 2 yrs.
Craig can have all the problems he likes with me.
Craig Gower has not been entirely forth coming with the truth the past few days.
Behaviour the last few yrs leaves alot to be desired.
I have a very poor opinion of him

innsaneink

Referee
Prodigiousman said:
To be honest it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Elliott has decided to let Gower go and given Firman an entire season in Premier league to get his feel for the game back.

Let's be frank in 2003 Firman was just as good as Slater in the rookie of the year race and seriously looked like the goods for the entire season. Got injured early in 2004 and that was all she wrote for him at the Dragons. He never looked like he had any run in his legs at the Roosters and then the Cowboys and for a player who loves to take it to the line to pass - being able to get off the mark quickly is vital.

Firman as the Panthers half in 2008 is actually a pretty good option if you really think about it.

What really hurts the Panthers with Gower leaving is the fact his 400+ contract (or so) wasn't off their books when they were discussing a new contract with Peter Wallace.

Yeh, he really f**ked penrith over big time eh?

mxlegend99

Referee
Why does Gower leaving bring out the best in his personality?

I love the way he has spoken out about Weidler. It's awesome. I wouldn't expect him to like Craig after Craig called him a f*cking dribbler. It sure as hell made everyone else like him a bit more.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Disappointed that Gower didn't make his decision earlier but the fact he's leaving while a sad day for the club in a way is also a good day, because he's past it in the NRL and we're equal last with him, we can't get much worse.

Likely halves next year

6. Richie Williams
7. Brett Firman

Potential to be a flop or an unqualified success.

mxlegend99

Referee
innsaneink said:
Yeh, he really f**ked penrith over big time eh?
No one f*cked Penrith over. With or without Craig, we had more then enough money spare to keep Wallace. We just didn't think he was worth what the Broncos did. They screwed themselves over.

Although i'd rather use Firman and one of our young guns next year then Gower and Wallace anyway. Wade Graham and Jarrod Sammut are the strongest possible halves for us in the future. Keeping Wallace around would be pointless IMO. Firman can cover us till they're ready.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Or like Ben Cziolowski playing for NSW because Kite, White, Bailey, O'Meley, Ryles, etc are all injured

Fiddy

Juniors
I told you - Danny is my main man.

He always gets it right - peace weidler u da man keep it strong!

Latest posts