What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Graeme West (Possible Spoiler)

Moffo

Referee
After tonights effort, is there a bigger

Regular%20Crimp%20Tool.jpg

In the game today? That No-Try from Riddell was the biggest crock of all time. Get the mong out of first grade

Kid

Juniors
Moffo said:
After tonights effort, is there a bigger

Regular%20Crimp%20Tool.jpg

In the game today? That No-Try from Riddell was the biggest crock of all time. Get the mong out of first grade
No arguments here, and i hate Parra.

Harold Bishop

Juniors
Ditto, that was a try for sure.
Why the hell wasnt Riddel sent off ala Menzies for his outrageous spray to the ref?
Simpkins was horrible tonight.

Raider_69

Post Whore
i thought it was a fair enough call
McKinnon advanced forward and interfered with Bowen with his arms, visably grabbing Bowen and holding him off the play, theres no way known to man that Bowen would have stopped Riddell but as Sterlo said, weather he would of stopped him or not is irrelevent, McKinnon denied Bowen the opperunity to stop the try.
No try, fair call IMO

Moffo

Referee
id rather have a combination of

080341news.jpg
and
0,1658,5107510,00.jpg

as opposed to that twat refereeing a dogs game

Parki

Bench
parra fans blowing up mega

you should be blowing up about the forward pass called back in the first half, the winger would have been untouched in the corner

but realistically you had 10,000 chances to win it

you didnt

time to move on im afraid

BWNB

First Grade
Wasnt a try he touched the marker , so he shouldnt of been the awarded the try.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
i thought it was a fair enough call
McKinnon advanced forward and interfered with Bowen with his arms, visably grabbing Bowen and holding him off the play, theres no way known to man that Bowen would have stopped Riddell but as Sterlo said, weather he would of stopped him or not is irrelevent, McKinnon denied Bowen the opperunity to stop the try.
No try, fair call IMO

And I was denied a chance to stop the try because McKinnon was between me and ridell too. That fact that I was 400kms away doesn't come into it.

If McKinnon impeded the 'marker' then it's an Eels penalty. Double marker. Triple in fact.

Moffo

Referee
how can you have a marker if you are right on the line? there can be 4 people right in front of you, so is the NRL saying you can have 4 markers if it is next to the line?

Eddie.

Bench
I could be wrong here but...

I don't think you are allowed to touch the marker. Riddell clearer touched him on the back and then Mckinnon put his arsm out.

Fair enough call under the rules.

I remember Canberra blowing up delux about a Farah try last season which should of been a no try. Farah touched the marker.

Parraren

Bench
Parki said:
parra fans blowing up mega

you should be blowing up about the forward pass called back in the first half, the winger would have been untouched in the corner

but realistically you had 10,000 chances to win it

you didnt

time to move on im afraid

Agree. The "forward pass(?)" in the first half was a bloody disgraceful decision.

Riddell's no try was "technically" correct.

We had enough chances to win the game but really we blew it early in the second half when we came out very flat and McKinnon screwed up badly. I forgive him though, he's always one of our best out there.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Misty Bee said:
And I was denied a chance to stop the try because McKinnon was between me and ridell too. That fact that I was 400kms away doesn't come into it.

If McKinnon impeded the 'marker' then it's an Eels penalty. Double marker. Triple in fact.

mate they were 3 inches from the try line, they can stack all 13 players infront if they want

All McKinnon had to do was stand still and throw his hands in the air, and how knows maybe the eels might have another 2 competition points, but the second McKinnon advanced off his mark and used his hands to impede Matt Bowen, its obstruction and a penalty

Parki

Bench
We had enough chances to win the game but really we blew it early in the second half when we came out very flat and McKinnon screwed up badly. I forgive him though, he's always one of our best out there.

In fairness to McKinnon, if any of the 6 guys standing around doing nothing when he was playing the ball were watching, it never would have happened

Y2Eel

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
mate they were 3 inches from the try line, they can stack all 13 players infront if they want

All McKinnon had to do was stand still and throw his hands in the air, and how knows maybe the eels might have another 2 competition points, but the second McKinnon advanced off his mark and used his hands to impede Matt Bowen, its obstruction and a penalty

your corresct there.. but mckinnon didnt move off his mark until riddel scored the try bowen ran into him i guess he didnt relise piggy was going to scoot..