What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Graeme West (Possible Spoiler)

Eddie.

Bench
I could be wrong here but...

I don't think you are allowed to touch the man playing the ball when attempting to go from dummy half Furthermore the man playing the ball cannot put his hands out to touch the marker Riddell clearer touched mckinnon on the back and then Mckinnon put his arms out to touch the marker.

Fair enough call under the rules. No try on two counts.

I remember Canberra blowing up delux about a Farah try last season which should of been a no try. Farah touched the marker.

Misty Bee

First Grade
McKinnon only advanced because Ridell pushed him. And he put his hands in the air!

mate they were 3 inches from the try line, they can stack all 13 players infront if they want

As I said, there is no marker on the tryline. So how could a 'marker' have been impeded? It's like trying to buy pics of Cronulla's premiership trophies on Ebay.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Misty Bee said:
McKinnon only advanced because Ridell pushed him. And he put his hands in the air!

As I said, there is no marker on the tryline. So how could a 'marker' have been impeded? It's like trying to buy pics of Cronulla's premiership trophies on Ebay.

:lol: your argueing terminology now
a marker wasnt impeded, however a defender was impeded, doesnt matter if he was a marker or a goal line defender, he was impeded from an attempt at tackle and thats enough for a penalty

Y2Eel

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
:lol: your argueing terminology now
a marker wasnt impeded, however a defender was impeded, doesnt matter if he was a marker or a goal line defender, he was impeded from an attempt at tackle and thats enough for a penalty

stupid ruling though he was never going to make the tackle but thems the rules...

Y2Eel

First Grade
innsaneink said:
Meh....semantics etc...Parra choked, again!

End of story.

eh 1 from 4 still on the same points as last years premiers..

how is benji( need to put my tip in for that game)

Glenn

First Grade
Hmm so if this happend 40 meters down field, and the markers were "impeded" would it be not try and a penalty, me thinks not.
North Queensland had opportunity to stop Riddell short of the line give he had two players on his back as he went over...Benefit of the doubt my arse
Don't get me wrong Parramatta lost the game through schoolboy errors, but see how many times the same thing happens anywhere else in the field of play this weekend, I can guarentee you no penalty for obstruction

effnic

Bench
How can you fools say that was a try you gotta be f**king kidding me. The guy literally grabbed matty bowen wtf.

Y2Eel

First Grade
effnic said:
How can you fools say that was a try you gotta be f**king kidding me. The guy literally grabbed matty bowen wtf.

so what was your reaction when it first happened?? probably nothing until they should the replay..

Kid

Juniors
Glenn said:
Hmm so if this happend 40 meters down field, and the markers were "impeded" would it be not try and a penalty, me thinks not.
North Queensland had opportunity to stop Riddell short of the line give he had two players on his back as he went over...Benefit of the doubt my arse
Don't get me wrong Parramatta lost the game through schoolboy errors, but see how many times the same thing happens anywhere else in the field of play this weekend, I can guarentee you no penalty for obstruction
Your absolutely right. even though i think the decision was a joke and Parra should have been given a try. At the end of the day though, for some ridiculous, unknown reason, technicality decisions only apply in a scoring situation :roll: There is no way it would have been a penalty in the middle of the field.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Rememebr the Souths v Easts game in round 1, when one of the locks ran through the scrum? How many of his teammates did he push into opposition tacklers? Yeah, he got trackles after going about 10m. Ridell, on the other hand, only advanced one.....

Crap decision.

Bowen was impeded by the fact that McKinnon existed. McKinnon never moved into a position to impede Bowen. Had McKinnon stayed exactly where he was, instead of moving forward the 2mm that he did, Bowen would not have had any clearer shot.

From now on, a marker should run at the ballplayer and claim obstruction from not being able to takcle the dummy half.

Justa s rediculous as Hindy's 'hold down' of Matt Sing, who did a Trent Barrett and was ready to take off. Or Justin Smith's sin bin. Ive seen worse aggro at a CWA cake stall.

Tommy Smith

Referee
It was borderline, but ultimately the correct call was made. Bowen was impeded, McKinnon should have done better to clear the play the ball area.

Glenn

First Grade
effnic said:

What about the others that Riddell carried over the line..Cowboys had a opportunity to stop him short of the line

Mr Saab

Referee
Glenn said:
What about the others that Riddell carried over the line..Cowboys had a opportunity to stop him short of the line

But Bowen didnt and thems the rules.

Glenn

First Grade
Mr Saab said:
But Bowen didnt and thems the rules.
Considering McKinnon couldn't go anywhere else..if he moved either way he would have been pinged for obstructing the defenders either side

Kornstar

Coach
The simple fact is St George got away with a blatant obstruction last week and Parramatta didn't get away with it tonight........inconsistencies are what is giving us the sh*ts not the fact that the try was dissallowed, atleast with this call people are split, please give me one person last week who can tell me that Sutton was not taken out of the play when trying to tackle Barrett.......

Mr Saab

Referee
Glenn said:
Considering McKinnon couldn't go anywhere else..if he moved either way he would have been pinged for obstructing the defenders either side

If Wade didnt lunge at Bowen then there would be no problem.
All he had to do was stand there with his hands in the air.

Latest posts