What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GRAND FINAL (2008) BLUEBAGS v TITANS

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
We're turning into Melbourne... losing Grand Finals after dominating the season :sarcasm:

Well in Titans, a brilliant win.

_Johnsy

Referee
Bluebags,
Bad luck, I guess you if you win a game by a point, you are bound to lose a game by a point. Top efort in 2008 fellas.

Titans,
Brilliant effort in 2008, a premiership well deserved.

Dave Q

Coach
I am very humbled to win the POTM... as just to make the bags gf side in such illustrious and imaginative company from a white-hot squad was enough for me.

The kind comments about my piece are well recieved.

I dedicate my award to my subject and his effect on me as a person.

I certainly wouldnt have made it without the constructive criticisms of Willow and Drew-sta ( threw me the passes) while Rexxy, gorilla, Black Kitty and EA have inspired me over the season as have those who didnt make the gf squad.

But its all about the Titans tonight and their sheer word power. They rose to the occasion and over-awed us right at the finish. Courageous and interesting, like all good F7 teams it will take weeks to dissect and deconstruct their fine essays.

What I like most about F7 is that has at its essence a great unravelling of thought, the exposure to which, is uplifting.

I would also like to thank the colonel for his kind words and for refereeing.
I think he nailed it. All the refs have been people I look up to and respect.

Congratulations Titans, you are definately the cats whiskers, your effort is now the benchmark and one that is very high indeed.

Go bags!

Black Kitty

Juniors
Congratulations Titans, what a way to end your debut year.

Sad to see our undefeated streak end in the GF though Baggers.

Thank you Ref for the quick marking, I think there was a lot of nail biting going on over the last few days.

Rematch in '09 ??

Rexxy

Coach
No shame in losing in a great game, and to a welldrilled side. Well done Titans and thanks to the Colonel.

the Bags will be back

Oh and The Colonel what was that about all the girls in your office? I am so let down - yet so happy.

Robster

Bench
Wicked stuff. At least I'm part of a team who ends up winning a Grand Final. Proud of you boys. Great Season fellas.

rayroxon

Juniors
Well done Titans! Great result for a great season! I'm already looking forward to your title defence.

Bags, well done on being the benchmark for two seasons. The Titans have shown us the way to win against you - score a 450 :) Well done as well to DaveQ. Grand finals are made of one moment as the ads told us this year and I think it'd be fair to say that was it for the F7's GF.

Bring on the WC!

(that's not the water closet)

Jesbass

First Grade
Great to see you around, antonius. I hope you've enjoyed watching from the sidelines rather than from centre field. :thumn

Titanic

First Grade
2008_F7s%20Premiers.jpg

tits&tans

Juniors
For those fellow die-hard puzzlers out there I apologise for keeping you waiting for so long for the solutions to my little enigma. It recently came to my attention that I had not yet provided you with the welcome relief from the intellectual torment I am sure you have been suffering through...

So, according to the puzzle, here are the solutions in descending order:

The Greeks of Yesteryear (The Titans)
The Redboxes (The Blue Bags)

The Chinese Gooseberries (The Warriors)
The Slippery Dips (The Eels)
The Shintaros (The Ninjas)
The Pumas (The Cougars)
The Black Kittens (The Panthers)

The Hares (The Rabbitohs)
The Lizards of Legend (The Dragons)
Long Good Bye (The bye from each round - to make up the numbers :))

phew ... all done.

Puzzletastic! See you all next year for more brain-busting, brain-bashing and brain-teasing conundrums ..