What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Final Details - Post information and requests here

JoeD

First Grade
Also, in '02 we caught the ferry to the stadium and it was great atmosphere. I'm pretty sure your game ticket includes ferry as well so you should check out that option.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Getting no love from the Broncs forum so i'll ask in here. I've got basically a whole day and a night to kill in Brisbane on my way to Sydney. Never really been there before, any recommendations on must do's, best places to stay, etc?

Don't really rate Brisbane. Found it to be a bit boring personally.

Get a train to the Gold Coast and visit a theme park or something.

JoeD

First Grade
Thanks PD ,that is one option i am considering. Next obvious question - which one? Rollercoasters is what I'd be after.

Scorpio30

Bench
Looks like my companion options have fallen through and Im probably getting in on my sisters group booking today. So if it goes into sold out mode or if someone is interested in these tickets keep them in mind.

2 x Cat C Section S630-3 Row 27.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Thanks PD ,that is one option i am considering. Next obvious question - which one? Rollercoasters is what I'd be after.

Go to Dreamworld. Whitewaterworld is attached to Dreamworld. So if it is a hot day you can just go to both.

Honestly i would really consider going to the Gold Coast. It is about an hour by train. Brisbane really doesn't have much.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Yeah during GF day they will have the side gate or 2-3 turnstiles open so you can get through. Just show the metro your ticket and walk through. Same if they come around on the train just show them your ticket.

FYI I forgot to mention last night that it also includes free transport on the Sydney bus networks that get you from certain routes to ANZ and return if the bus is an option.

As for what to do I'm Brisbane. If your inclined to stay in QlD for a day in Brisbane there is a few good pubs around Suncorp stadium (The Caxton). Otherwise get over to the GoldCoast and enjoy the bars and theme parks over there, accommodation is fairly cheap there as well if you want to stay the night there (And nicer then BRI. I found it cheaper to fly from GoldCoast to Syd then Bri to Syd).

But yeah then go to a theme park. If you want fun I like MovieWorld for the superman ride and the lethal weapon ride as it has the rollercoasters and also the WildWildWest which is another fun ride. Dreamworld is good though because it's water park brother WhiteWaterWorld is right next door so it's a hot day (Which it's predicting 30degrees) pack the kosis and head over. Lots of lockers so taking a bag is no problem. You can easily kill a whileday here between the rides, shows and the likes.

When you get in Sydney good pubs around ANZ and they will set-up special event fencing and gates, toilets.etc to increase their capacity. There's generally one right on the corner from coming out of the station (About 100m) that is pretty good for the traveling fans.

If a bus driver/ metro gives u grief about not paying or jumping the train just sat it includes it and that you talked to the transit at the station you got on. It's generally never a problem though but there's always one asshole out.

Scorpio30

Bench
Looks like my companion options have fallen through and Im probably getting in on my sisters group booking today. So if it goes into sold out mode or if someone is interested in these tickets keep them in mind.

Now in Cat D Section 607 Row 46. Closer to halfway but further back.
And Im assured "Warriors" was selected.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Just played around with a few Tickets on the Ticketek website and it appears the Northern End is Manly and the Southern end being the Warriors end.

Leaguelass

Juniors
Getting no love from the Broncs forum so i'll ask in here. I've got basically a whole day and a night to kill in Brisbane on my way to Sydney. Never really been there before, any recommendations on must do's, best places to stay, etc?

Dreamworld or Movie World good ideas - forecast is for temps in the high 20's end of this week so be prepared.
Tin Billy is a good cheap place to stay it is backpacker type accom and is opposite Roma St train station and has a bar attached that does cheap good meals. Or try Wotif for last minute cheap deals. Also suggest checking out the Broncos leagues club if you get chance - cheap meals and they have some very interest league stuff around the place.

And there is nothing wrong with Brissy!!!!

Martli

Coach
As far as transport goes - I don't remember showing my ticket to anyone at last years GF. Should be fine.

joshie

Live Update Team
Gate A: ailse 604 row 26

$105 dollars, one ticket, who wants it! its not a print out, will hand to you on gameday if need be!

JoeD

First Grade
Dreamworld or Movie World good ideas - forecast is for temps in the high 20's end of this week so be prepared.
Tin Billy is a good cheap place to stay it is backpacker type accom and is opposite Roma St train station and has a bar attached that does cheap good meals. Or try Wotif for last minute cheap deals. Also suggest checking out the Broncos leagues club if you get chance - cheap meals and they have some very interest league stuff around the place.

And there is nothing wrong with Brissy!!!!

Thanks Leaguelass. About the Broncos Leagues Club, is it open to everyone or do you have to be a member?

Scorpio30

Bench
Thanks Leaguelass. About the Broncos Leagues Club, is it open to everyone or do you have to be a member?

I think as you live out side about a 50km radius you will be fine...you will just need drivers licence ID I should think.

hitro

Juniors
I thought I had a couple of tickets sorted but they've fallen through.
Don't suppose anyone's got two seats for sale?

Scorpio30

Bench
I thought I had a couple of tickets sorted but they've fallen through.
Don't suppose anyone's got two seats for sale?

Look...I might do (waiting on relly's response to whether they want them or not)...But any transaction would be by hand at the venue.

hitro

Juniors
that sounds promising do you want to keep in touch through this page or swap to email?

Scorpio30

Bench
Officially for sale:

I arrive in Sydney just before 10am. Not sure when I will be at Olympic park though.

hitro

Juniors
thanks scorpio30 i have tix now
I hope someone enjoys yours and you have a great time too
GO AUCKLAND WARRIORS!