What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GRAND FINAL: Parramatta v Penrith GAME DAY THREAD at Accor 2/10/22

Noise

Coach
Tbf it's just at matto and he has made himself a laughing stock with his decision of accepting a 3 game ban.
Yep , Matto using the ‘what about Luai?’ defence is embarrassing. He’s made himself a laughing stick with both Parra fans and opposition rugby league fans. Only real f**kwits like Ricky Stuart manage to be hated by everyone. Well done Matto.

IFR33K

Coach
Yep , Matto using the ‘what about Luai?’ defence is embarrassing. He’s made himself a laughing stick with both Parra fans and opposition rugby league fans. Only real f**kwits like Ricky Stuart manage to be hated by everyone. Well done Matto.

It’s funny because in the couple of parra pages on Facebook I’ve seen, they’re supporting matto and agreeing he’s giving it to the nrl. Im still trying to work out how he’s giving it to them.

Last edited:

Noise

Coach
It’s funny because in the couple of parra pages on Facebook I’ve seen, they’re supporting matto and agreeing he’s giving it to the nrl. I still trying to work out how he’s giving it to them.
NRL: Ryan you have the option of a 4k fine , a 3 week suspension or you can fight the charge, it’s completely up to you.

Matterson: There’s no way I did anything wrong, I’ll take the 3 week suspension thanks. Take that NRL, I showed them!

NRL: Cool we don’t have to do a judiciary hearing.

Team mates: What the f**k?

IFR33K

Coach
NRL: Ryan you have the option of a 4k fine , a 3 week suspension or you can fight the charge, it’s completely up to you.

Matterson: There’s no way I did anything wrong, I’ll take the 3 week suspension thanks. Take that NRL, I showed them!

NRL: Cool we don’t have to do a judiciary hearing.

Team mates: What the f**k?

yep. And the decision will look like an absolute stupid one if in preseason we have a couple of niggling injuries and a few players can’t start. March is 5 months away, look how we were start of this year with outside backs.

soc123_au

Staff member
If Matto didn’t have a history of whinging about how hard done by he is regarding money his stand on the suspension over fine would carry more weight.
He is right that the charge was way over the top, imo it’s barely a penalty. Edwards backed in and didn’t leave him a lot of options. It wasn’t grubby, just one of those unfortunate things that can happen on a footy field. I think it’s good a player has called out the system, it’s just a shame that the bloke who did it is probably the worst possible candidate to get the message across without other noise diluting it.

Noise

Coach
I still cant get my head around how something can be a 3 week ban or a fine. Is that anything? Or just certain charges?
I think just certain things. I have a feeling it might have something to do with finals/origin so players have the opportunity to avoid missing games. But that’s a guess.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
With the benefit of hindsight I think it’s reasonable to say the Knights were just a more talented team but didn’t perform to their potential during the season. They had the likes of Johns, Giddey, Buderus, O’Davis, Kennedy, Tahu, Simpson at the peak of their powers. I’d say it’s demonstrative that for and against isn’t the be all metric.
I never said it was the only metric, it’s just the best one. And just because it’s the best it doesn’t mean it’s predictive 100% of the time. For example I thought we were a chance of winning on Sunday despite Penrith having a significantly better team.

hybrideel

Bench
Well there seems to be a lot of talk on here that the team was not in the right mental space (poorly prepared) and that's the reason why we lost.
Dylan Edwards appeared to believe that as well
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...y/news-story/63173db0e59bd32b8afc511d87ba190d

Parramatta were the only team to beat the Panthers twice in the regular season, but Edwards revealed he knew his side wanted it more just moments after the opening whistle.

“Early on, the first couple of sets you could just feel that we were just more up for it,” Edwards said to foxsports.com.au.