What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Final Qualifier: Parra v Cowboys GAME DAY THREAD in Townsville 23/9/22

Bandwagon

Staff member
That 1st kick in the 2nd half was very timid from memory.

He got it on the 10m line but it was like a gentle kick put up with no power or spin in it.

Simple drop punt, by far the easiest kick to get consistently right whilst still getting some distance. You're just dropping the end of the ball onto your foot and kicking straight through it.

hindy111

Post Whore
I reckon after those two poor kicks he readjusted and went back to just getting his kicking game right rather than risk further error with putting up kicks like those torpedo floaters which always carry an element of risk given how you have to kick the ball.

That to me is a sign of maturity, knowing when to pull the trigger and when to pull it back and concentrate on the basics.

I recall a panic grubber in the halfway that was called a knock on and a captains challenge reversed it

Bandwagon

Staff member
I recall a panic grubber in the halfway that was called a knock on and a captains challenge reversed it

I don't reckon that was a panic, it looked pre meditated 'cause there was no way he was running the ball down that short side, there was no room, also Penisini reacted like he knew the kick was on.

The kick was just poorly executed cause they got up in his face.

Gronk

Staff member
I don't reckon that was a panic, it looked pre meditated 'cause there was no way he was running the ball down that short side, there was no room, also Penisini reacted like he knew the kick was on.

The kick was just poorly executed cause they got up in his face.
Cooper Cronk said it was 100% on and a top shelf play.

IFR33K

Coach
Watching the Sunday footy show and they spoke about lane.

showed the charge down in the dying stages. That was a huge play. Kyle feldt was well and truly on that kick if it goes thru and stays in. Enormous play by lane.

Talked about him in the kangaroo squad.

Was it @hindy111 that predicted he’ll be huge this year?

King-Gutho94

Coach

showed the charge down in the dying stages. That was a huge play. Kyle feldt was well and truly on that kick if it goes thru and stays in. Enormous play by lane.

Did you see brain-dead Freddy give RCG a wrap.

I can't believe no one called him out on why he left him out for origin.

Gazzamatta

Coach
OK so he kicked two out on the full, but that was from kick pressure when we were still in our own half on the 5th tackle. As much as the buck stops with Moses, it’s a team effort to only gain 30m in a set and then not protect your kicker.

I wouldn’t swap him for anyone and I expect that this will be the start of a week of bagging Gutho, Mitch, the TLT list, our rotations and 1,000 other reasons why we will lose. Then if we do, it will an opportunity lost, a choke, another cinderella moment, a cleanout, shit culture, rifts, curses because we lost against a Usain Bolt vs Matt Shirvington short odds fav.

Lap it up Parra you are the underdogs, the city favourite, the sentimental rugby league world favourite. You’ve got noting to lose, so roll the dice, take a risk and leave nothing in the tank.
Our kick pressure and protection of our kickers remain poor. As does our protection of our wingers under the high ball. I hope we have a better plan for Sunday. Its what Penrith are extra good at. No leg ups BA.

Gazzamatta

Coach

Na. It was me 3 years ago. Hindy just jumped on my Bandwagon. 😁

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Our kick pressure and protection of our kickers remain poor. As does our protection of our wingers under the high ball. I hope we have a better plan for Sunday. Its what Penrith are extra good at. No leg ups BA.
I doubt our current plan is to not apply kick pressure and not protect Mitch when he is kicking. Those extra efforts are important but can fall by the wayside when players are fatigued. The Panthers ability to execute under pressure is why they are the best.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I doubt our current plan is to not apply kick pressure and not protect Mitch when he is kicking. Those extra efforts are important but can fall by the wayside when players are fatigued. The Panthers ability to execute under pressure is why they are the best.
I'd say things like effort areas are why the Cowboys went so far this year as well. On the other hand, effort areas don't come naturally to many of our players which is why the coach bangs on about it.

Bandwagon

Staff member
I'd say things like effort areas are why the Cowboys went so far this year as well. On the other hand, effort areas don't come naturally to many of our players which is why the coach bangs on about it.

It's a hard thing to teach effort on effort, cause it's more a mental thing than anything else.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
It's a hard thing to teach effort on effort, cause it's more a mental thing than anything else.

One Hundred Percent GIF by NeighborlyNotary®