What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Final Tickets

ledzep

Bench
Does anyone else agree with me that the tickets for the grand final should go on sale the week before the game, like the AFL do
release them to members of the two clubs in the game on the monday, then to everyone else on tuesday

ledzep

Bench
It just annoys me that the true supporters of the teams get stuck behind the posts while the people who dont care about league and just go because it's an event get all the good tickets
Also, having the tickets sold to the fans of the two teams in the GF makes for a better atmosphere

Dogboy

Juniors
I think some should be released in advance as they are now, but they should hold back a lot more than the 8000 until Grand Final week.

e.g
40 000 in advance,
10 000 to season ticket holders on the Monday before the GF,
the rest to everyone else on the Tuesday.

Only selling 8000 to the fans of the two finalists doesn't make for the best atmosphere in my view.

Anonymous

Juniors
Mate I'm a true supporter of league, I bought my seats on the 50 weeks ago because I had faith in my team making it.

Just because my team isn't there doesn't mean I don't want to be there any less.

Yes i agree as what it 2004 or 1964. I would have season ticket holders of the clubs involved able to purchase on the Monday - then from Tuesday on sale to the General public.

last year and 2002 they had designated bays for supporters of the clubs involved - 200 each area.

i bought tickets on Monday from the so called 6000 left and i was about 9th in line at the ticketek in the state theatre and got to the cashier about 9:20am - all that were left were restructed viewing tickets which i reluctantly purchased - i asked the cashier what restricted viewing meant they said the roof block's your view??

i then asked how could these be the only tickets left and was there in fact 6000 really for sale - they replied that i should have lined up last night to purchase the best remaining seats.

gallop should have received my letter by now

Oz Yid's Tigers

Juniors
are easts `loyal fans' complaining abt missing out on tickets ???

hahahahahahha .. the irony of it all

i'm creaming at the thought some plank who doesn't give a toss abt the game has taken a seat from a `true easts fan' ... seeing some plastic easts newfan tool whinge abt missing out on tickets is hilarious given not even 10 yrs ago easts couldn't give away tickets to their `loyal fan base' for games at the SFS (tho that didn't stop them trying to give them away evry thurs nite outside Bondi Jn maccas)

watch it on TV u easts planks like u do the swans, kings and tahs

troydodds

Juniors
I purchase tickets when they go on sale but if Penrith doesn't make it (which is every year except 2003) then I do sell them.

I rather sit myself down in front of the television and have a great day of beer, pizza and what not with the best seat in the house.

I don't miss a Penrith game all year, but when it comes to two other sides in the big one, i'd rather have the extra cash.

On that note, if anyone is after 2 Cat 1 tix, i've got them on ebay. Although they are getting quite expensive....

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31249&item=7104158545&rd=1

JK

I got my tix months ago - I usually sell them to interested fans once my team is out but I kept them in 2002 to barrack for the warriors :(

This is the first year I got cat 2 instead of cat 1 - dammit! :evil: :cry:

Anonymous

Juniors
roosterbooster1 said:
It just annoys me that the true supporters of the teams get stuck behind the posts while the people who dont care about league and just go because it's an event get all the good tickets
Also, having the tickets sold to the fans of the two teams in the GF makes for a better atmosphere

Bullshit. I have just as much right to be there as anyone else. People who bought their tickets ages ago are the people who DO care about league. Me a couple of mates and a group of mates from Newcastle who all LOVE the game bought our tickets about a week after they were available because we love the game. Why shouldn't we be allowed to? If you cared about league you'd be buying your ticket and going whether your team was there or not.

Anonymous

Juniors
Note i'm not saying people who don't go aren't true fans of rugby league. Just think this bloke should get off his pedestal.

ledzep

Bench
im not saying everyone who gets tickets beforehand isnt a real supporter of rugby league you wanker
im just saying that there are a lot of people at the game who arent
people may wait to see if their team is in the game cause they might live in the country, or couldn't afford it otherwise, or for some reason like that

Anonymous

Juniors
Bullshit. Most people are there because they love the game. Stop whinging. They already have an allocation that goes to supporters. :roll:

ledzep

Bench
Balmain_Boy said:
bullsh*t. Most people are there because they love the game. Stop whinging. They already have an allocation that goes to supporters. :roll:
you're just angry because you keep having to watch the roosters in the grand final

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Mate I'm a true supporter of league, I bought my seats on the 50 weeks ago because I had faith in my team making it.

Just because my team isn't there doesn't mean I don't want to be there any less.

Same. Except for the faith in my team part.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team

Same. Except for the faith in my team part.

lockyno1

Post Whore
you're just angry because you keep having to watch the roosters in the grand final

Well he is not the only one! :clap: :clap:

On the subject of tickets they are fine the way it is. There is around 10,000 tickets for the respective clubs anyway! The granfinal is more than a game, its a celebration of the whole season and people will go becuase it is a GRANDFINAL! Most people won't really care who is in it, just whether they are there!

If you put them on sale the week before and its a rubbish final it would struggle to be half full! At least this way they are certain to sell the staduim!

Latest posts