What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Theft Auto IV

anyone shot any pigeons?

ive got 2 so far.

also. 3 leaf clover is a great mission.

topped up my funds nicely!

also. anyone done any of those little jacod drub deals?

some of em are suprisingly hard. rival gangs ambush you and theres not all that much to hide behind.

Thomas

First Grade
I bought this game on the weekend. It has blown my mind. I found the last GTA game a bit repetitive and hard to play due to the fighting gameplay.

Needless to say I love this version. I'm only about 5% completed because I can't stop myself going online and playing.

The online play is superb. Playing a team deathmatch and having a bunch of guys in a car with guns driving around is insane fun. Last night a friend and I caused havoc for a good 10 minutes driving around LC on a scooter toting uzis. I was riding pillion and blasting anything that moved

Am keen to play the other online games as well. The Turf Wars one sounds like fun.

I might even go and play the single player game if I get the chance.

Dragon

Coach
I bought this game on the weekend. It has blown my mind. I found the last GTA game a bit repetitive and hard to play due to the fighting gameplay.

Needless to say I love this version. I'm only about 5% completed because I can't stop myself going online and playing.

The online play is superb. Playing a team deathmatch and having a bunch of guys in a car with guns driving around is insane fun. Last night a friend and I caused havoc for a good 10 minutes driving around LC on a scooter toting uzis. I was riding pillion and blasting anything that moved

Am keen to play the other online games as well. The Turf Wars one sounds like fun.

I might even go and play the single player game if I get the chance.

Havnt played much online but i did have a couple games of 'GTA race'. Its like Mario Kart with grenades/molotovs, pure mayhem.

Thomas

First Grade
The team deathmatches are the best.

Last night played with 3 teams of 5 for an hour. Just roving gangs of thugs out looking for each other with a vast array of weapons.

I must say that I am rather useless with the RPG. I tend to kill myself more than I kill others.

Mowing down people in a 4WD is rather fun.

This game is the only reason and i went and purchased a ps3. Sounds like it will be worth it. Also bought a F1 game to play when i have break from it.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Uncensored copy arrived from Play-Asia this morning :D.

It's installing now, Gamespot have said that the hookers doing "more" on the US version is the only difference they have noticed but if I see anything myself I'll let you know.

Also, if you're looking to import anything from America, go to Play-Asia. They sent it on Tuesday, got here today and the prices are excellent (it's actually cheaper to import). Had to give them a rap, really impressed.

simostorm

Bench
Ive come across a skate park in th game...im not sure if you can skate on
it or anything? I havent come across a skatboard yet..

Special K

Coach
I cant win that f**king car race from that juiced up guy at the start, brucie i think it was. My game has gone so far ahead so I don't think it matters but its f**king frustrating. I always get hit from behind and my car rolls. f**k it sh*ts me.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
[furrycat];4197068 said:
You can now be technically fined for getting GTAIV imported. A few cases already reported.

Can't be fined, the game wasn't banned.

Anyway, the only differences I've seen are with the hookers, you can pay $30, $50 or $70 and they do different things but they're always clothed, just insinuation, and the strip club where you can get two girls into the room but again, all clothed and pretty funny if anything.

Jono078

Referee
Best thing to do is take it easy and slow, and eventually you'll over take them just by taking it easy.

Dragon

Coach
I cant win that f**king car race from that juiced up guy at the start, brucie i think it was. My game has gone so far ahead so I don't think it matters but its f**king frustrating. I always get hit from behind and my car rolls. f**k it sh*ts me.

Yeah i failed that a couple times. At the start theres always one car that swerves right across and hammers you. Just hang back at the start and watch em take each other out.

In the race missions you get later on (optional ones), you can shoot out their tyres once the race starts so you might give that a try too.

azzah72

Bench
I'm up to the level where you are knocking off the Union reps in the Construction Site, haven't beat it yet but pretty f**king fun, and for the record, driving to the van in that level (through the mock time square) was a thing of beauty!!! Great Fun

One thing i haven't worked out and it might be a bit of a dumb question.

In the previous GTA's you could park a car in a garage of your safe house so that it was there all the time if you needed it.

Where the hell are these garages?

My safe house is currently in... eerm well you know the one up north with that secretary, anyway i can't find the garage there and i couldn't find it in the original safe house!!

Brucie gave me that car after the first race and because i couldn't park it, i have to go and jack a sports car if i was to do anymore races because the normal cars don't keep up!!!

Thats the only thing that has annoyed me in the awesome game and it's probably my own stupidity.

Can anyone tell me where the garages are?

Brucie Rocks by the way, as does playboy!!

Peace

Samwise

Bench
I'm up to the level where you are knocking off the Union reps in the Construction Site, haven't beat it yet but pretty f**king fun, and for the record, driving to the van in that level (through the mock time square) was a thing of beauty!!! Great Fun
did that one last night. AK47 and shooting from cover is the trick. Good mission though. tonnes of the bastards and you end up with some decent weapons at the end of it.
One thing i haven't worked out and it might be a bit of a dumb question.

In the previous GTA's you could park a car in a garage of your safe house so that it was there all the time if you needed it.

Where the hell are these garages?
there's car spaces out the front of your safe house, marked with yellow lines. The car stays there if you park it within the lines.

azzah72

Bench
did that one last night. AK47 and shooting from cover is the trick. Good mission though. tonnes of the bastards and you end up with some decent weapons at the end of it.

there's car spaces out the front of your safe house, marked with yellow lines. The car stays there if you park it within the lines.

You serious? hahah f**k i'm stupid

Thomas

First Grade
I have a lovely blue muscle car that handles like the QE2 outside my safehouse right now

MC DUI

Juniors
Can't be fined, the game wasn't banned.

Anyway, the only differences I've seen are with the hookers, you can pay $30, $50 or $70 and they do different things but they're always clothed, just insinuation, and the strip club where you can get two girls into the room but again, all clothed and pretty funny if anything.

Thanks for the update ParraJay, if those are the only changes then damn they got people worked up over nothing. Really all Rockstar had to do was release a statement with the changes and if they are as minor as they seem most people wouldn't have cared.

Samwise

Bench
How long do you need to date Michelle for? She's riding my ass and i don't think it's working out. lol. Can you kill her? or would that seriously annoy pretty much everyone?

Latest posts