What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grandpa Reddy and Goodwin and dumb Grant

Rabbits20

Immortal
So sad how you guys have nothing better to do............

In the meantime I'll just keep PM'ing a couple of the great guys on here and we will talk footy while you guys be merkins.........

doyen

Bench
Ahh that's interesting. It's funny how the game can do that to you. On top of the world with an NRL contract and then the next day you're jobless and officially apart of the rat race.

I think Joel is very much on top of the world.

He is an educated man with a degree in Health Science & owns his own Health & Fitness business.
He now doesn't have to train every day under a slave-driving coach & does not have to get bashed from pillar to post every weekend of a RL season.
I would say he'd be laughing as he's become a very lucky man!!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I think Joel is very much on top of the world.

He is an educated man with a degree in Health Science & owns his own Health & Fitness business.
He now doesn't have to train every day under a slave-driving coach & does not have to get bashed from pillar to post every weekend of a RL season.
I would say he'd be laughing as he's become a very lucky man!!

I think that's very subjective. There are some players who miss the game severely when they leave doyen! Of course he is a lot luckier than the average NRL player. Getting into the health and fitness business can be tough since it's so common!

Pommy

Coach
Tabs you need to lighten up. You will end up haveing a stoke before you're 30 if not.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Tabs you need to lighten up. You will end up haveing a stoke before you're 30 if not.
It probably was time for Goodwin to exit the NRL & I think he realised this himself.

But he was,as I said,one of our more consistent players in the club & better than his younger competitors. He was picked in every game in 2017,I think,as the coach valued his experience & 110% effort.
Oi Doyen they just brought out the top 5 offloaders for us in 2017 and Goodwin is in that as well.

So he's in the top 5:

Metre gainers
Line breakers
Offloaders

Not bad for a so called dud and so called fringe first grader........

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2017/09/19/top_5_offloads.html?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=19092017 Email Send&utm_content=19092017 Email Send+CID_918ff9e5d38499de98dbd09f1a2c063c&utm_source=Email marketing software&utm_term=Read More

I am currently laughing my arse off....... it is hilarious that Bryson was equal third for line breaks with Angus........

Bryson is a big loss..........

Some can't see that though..... Doyen, Shadow and Callmack can though.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Oi Doyen they just brought out the top 5 offloaders for us in 2017 and Goodwin is in that as well.

So he's in the top 5:

Metre gainers
Line breakers
Offloaders

Not bad for a so called dud and so called fringe first grader........

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2017/09/19/top_5_offloads.html?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=19092017 Email Send&utm_content=19092017 Email Send+CID_918ff9e5d38499de98dbd09f1a2c063c&utm_source=Email marketing software&utm_term=Read More

I am currently laughing my arse off....... it is hilarious that Bryson was equal third for line breaks with Angus........

Bryson is a big loss..........

Some can't see that though..... Doyen, Shadow and Callmack can though.

It's fantastic that Bryson was 3rd in offloads but there are just as important statistics to take into accounts. One of the most important statistics for a centre in my opinion is tackle breaks. That's what creates opportunities for their wingers. Try assists are also just as important. You can't be a top class centre if you aren't willing to pass when you need too. Metres gained and linebreaks are great but you want to be creating tries off of them as well.

The most important statistics for a centre in my opinion are Linebreaks, tacklebreaks, tries and try assists. The rest is just a bonus. Offloading can actually be a negative sometimes. I don't know if you watch tim lafai much but he is one of the biggest off-loaders in the competition. He makes some good ones but also makes some terrible ones as well. It's not a very helpful statistic to analyse the contribution of a player.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I would once again like to add that I love Bryson. I think he is a solid first grader but I don't think he is a player anyone will break the books for.