What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grant, McKendry more fictions of previous administration

Panther_Daz

Staff member
He is only 25 and has not come close to realising his potential. Leaving NZ and his comfort zone will help.

meek

Juniors
Geez I hope so
makes grant look second rate
Even the grant fans would hve to agree , massive upgrade if it ever happened
oh to dream of a decent prop lol

franklin2323

Immortal
And if he doesn't play to the level they expect then he will be pushed out of there too.

Smith would be 1000-1 to play NRL again. RCG & Chris Smith look the goods but are 2 years off being ready for regular NRL.

It's why I wouldn't of been in a hurry to re-sign him for after next year rather then hoping someone gets released to fill the gap.

Sure he doesn't offload or break tackles. Neither does Kite, Latimore or a re-signed Plum. So clearly he fits the type we are going after.

If we had Inglis on overs we would of fixed it. This case Grant got 2 offers of $500k so while we don't rate him others do.

They are paying for the player that trains every day. That gains 150m & makes 30+ tackles that we saw pre-Gus/Cleary. That's what he was on the big bucks from.

meek

Juniors
god the way your carrying on you would think we where losing a bloody superstar
christ sick of this rubbish
no more comment from me
This sort of blind adoration is whats wrong with the panther fans

Last edited:

Randy81

Juniors
Smith would be 1000-1 to play NRL again. RCG & Chris Smith look the goods but are 2 years off being ready for regular NRL.

It's why I wouldn't of been in a hurry to re-sign him for after next year rather then hoping someone gets released to fill the gap.

Sure he doesn't offload or break tackles. Neither does Kite, Latimore or a re-signed Plum. So clearly he fits the type we are going after.

If we had Inglis on overs we would of fixed it. This case Grant got 2 offers of $500k so while we don't rate him others do.

They are paying for the player that trains every day. That gains 150m & makes 30+ tackles that we saw pre-Gus/Cleary. That's what he was on the big bucks from.

yes.Their expectation is that he would get back to that form. A form we have not seen for some time - yet apparently not his fault.
Remember the galavuao stint at souths? He sure as hell doesn't want to.

Errr yes if we had inglis we would fix it....but really inglis vs grant? Pretty poor comparison though.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
yet apparently not his fault.

the Inglis comment was merely to prove we have the cap space if we wanted him. So was more to it.

I wouldn't go that far. Something has changed to make him the crazy guy that trained everyday. To the poor attitude we have today. Issue with the coach aside he should be professional enough to work though management changes

You don't get those issues with happy players like him not speaking to the coach is hardly going to bring the best out of him. Hardly the 1st time it's happened. Though reports are Petero & Lewis are great guys yet both suddenly were bad with the change of management.

Randy81

Juniors
Seems to be a childcare centre lol. Maybe it's just me as a professional (engineer in my case) who performs at my best no matter who my manager is - because it's my job (which I am paid well to do).

Anyways all good. I am sure we have a plan there and I look forward to how it pans out. My hopes are on matulino but could handle sam moa with Massimo murdocha :)

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Every one says, don't worry, we have a plan, Cleary and Gould are working to a plan.

I believe they are. In fact, it is obvious they are. But are we allowed to question whether it is a good plan? This season will provide a pretty good indication of that.

Different opinions are great and that's what makes this forum so good. Unlike the other one where you must share the mods views or have your posts deleted.

franklin2323

Immortal
Anyways all good. I am sure we have a plan there and I look forward to how it pans out.

I agree with you on the general workforce.

The full on nature, being in the spotlight & short term shelf life would make pro sport different.

The great coaches in all sports get the players up most weeks that's still a problem we are having even with pretty much a new team.

I have no doubt RCG & Chris Smith will be more then handy FG down the track. Should be FT with a few games next year but won't be at peak for 3-4.

Need someone in the meantime so more me puzzled at release then overly upset he's gone.

Pomoz

Bench
Seems to be a childcare centre lol. Maybe it's just me as a professional (engineer in my case) who performs at my best no matter who my manager is - because it's my job (which I am paid well to do).

Anyways all good. I am sure we have a plan there and I look forward to how it pans out. My hopes are on matulino but could handle sam moa with Massimo murdocha :)
With respect Randy, "childcare centre" is a gross over simplification of team sport. if it was as simple as just getting the best players together, because they would knuckle down and manage themselves, then managers/coaches would have no impact on results. Yet somehow, teams with the same players suddenly change for the better or worse as soon as a new manager comes on board. You may well be a person who produces what is required regardless of who manages you, but you are in the minority. Most teams go to pot if the manager is poor and that is why massive amounts of money are spent changing managers and coaches. It is why managers get sacked 5 games into the season (Matt Elliot), or why clubs sack two managers in the same season (Fulham, google it). It is why in the EPL last year, there were only three managers out of 20 who had been at their clubs longer than 3 years.

meek

Juniors
Does this constitute a legally-binding document? I hope it constitutes a legally-binding document.

only in this thread on this subject
Yes - The Grant is a superstar worth at least 500k may be more mob win -

I wont be converted - Grant is a shit house player - sort of a taller version of old dropsies [ Clinton]
LOL
,, ROFL

Last edited:

Big Mick

Referee
That Matulino rumour has been around for a while though.

Heard that at the end of last year during off-season when he wasn't happy.

Has kept in contact with Ivan consistently.

I'd love it if true...

franklin2323

Immortal
The Grant is a superstar worth at least 500k

That's what Souths are paying him. I don't think he offers enough as far as offloads etc.

Though the new management have signed only similar style players since so can't use that against him. He has been off since the new management came on board though maybe not as bad as made out.

2012 he was in origin plenty said he was close to playing last year then broke his hand. So he hasn't be overally terrible.

I thought he was alright before breaking his hand last year. After he returned not so much. Distrupted start to this year.

The old saying you are only as good as your last performance.he was the only starter not be signed or re-signed from the current regime. Yet stats wise was one of the better performers.

Second to Kite in hitups & metres.
Only starting forward not to miss a tackle.
No one in the team made a linebreak.
No starting forward made an offload.
The only starting forward to not miss a tackle.
No handling errors.

So after his distrupted start seems to be going the right way. That's what people se in Grant.

Randy81

Juniors
Every one says, don't worry, we have a plan, Cleary and Gould are working to a plan.

I believe they are. In fact, it is obvious they are. But are we allowed to question whether it is a good plan? This season will provide a pretty good indication of that.

Of course you can mate. I didnt like the release of mose. Just don't have a problem with grant is all :)