What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great Moments Of Ownage™ In Rugby League History

Angry_eel

First Grade
ok this isn't the losing a game ownage but it is an ownage if you think about it.

"Its the ressurection of Da Man" anthony mundine before he knew "da man" was unwanted.

RiotAct

Juniors
Jordan said:
After the Dragons lost to the Panthers in week 1 of the finals, some of the Dragons players and the coach commented on how "there is always next week"..."we'll have to improve some things for next week"..etc.. The next day the Cowboys performed the upset of the season when they beat the Bulldogs, and the Dragons were subsequently eliminated.

LOL that night was bittersweet :D

bluesbreaker

Bench
nospam49, you've had a few pearlers in your time! Steve Simpson being overrated and soft despite being in superb form his whole career comes to mind :D. Calling for Trent Waterhouse in Origin :lol:. Didn't you also have a dig at Clint Newton too, who's just about been the only real improver this year for Newcastle? *grin* it's all good though.

I liked Mundines one the best.

Simpson is soft. Newton is a stupid thug who has the mentality that would see him fit in with Meli and Toopi of the Warriors. Trent Waterhouse is one of the best second rowerws in the game today.
\

Still.....three pages and this is the first person that doesnt undertsand what being Owned means. Thats a good effort LU.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Not a footy player but Matthew O'Neill from the R League Website in 2003.

I remember several cringeworthy statements made in reference to the Roosters and Penrith.

About the GF: "The Roosters will be impossible to beat this Sunday Night at Telstra Stadium"

About the Roosters halfway through that year "I think that the Roosters have the Telstra Premiership wrapped up already"

About Penrith upon making the Grand Final "Penrith have given a new meaning to the word overachieved"

I spared a thought for him on October 5, 2003, about 9:30 PM ;-)

18-6 mate, 18-6!!

pantherz9103

First Grade
bluesbreaker said:
nospam49, you've had a few pearlers in your time! Steve Simpson being overrated and soft despite being in superb form his whole career comes to mind :D. Calling for Trent Waterhouse in Origin :lol:. Didn't you also have a dig at Clint Newton too, who's just about been the only real improver this year for Newcastle? *grin* it's all good though.

I liked Mundines one the best.

Wash your mouth out :x

dazza

Staff member
nospam49™ said:
Andrew Farrell's entire career:

http://nospam49.iirl.net/sitebuilder/images/leag8_gallery__427x550-229x295.jpg

:thumb

that`ll do me

cheers dazza

bluesbreaker

Bench
nospam49™ said:
Simpson is soft. Newton is a stupid thug who has the mentality that would see him fit in with Meli and Toopi of the Warriors. Trent Waterhouse is one of the best second rowerws in the game today.
\

Still.....three pages and this is the first person that doesnt undertsand what being Owned means. Thats a good effort LU.

:lol: You get a clown point too. Trent Waterhouse is average, Newton has one blemish on his career, which was an accident, hardly the makings of a thug. Waterhouse better than Simpson, :lol:, I thought you only came up with drivel on your website :p.

Munky

Coach
Waterhouse has more line breaks, metres gained and offloads than Simpson this season.

This has all come from playing as a workhorse lock not a 2nd rower.

His one game as a 2nd rower in the last two years saw him destroy the Dragons in a final.

I despair every week when he is named at 13 and Rodney at 11.

Who else thinks bluesbreaker has been mentally scareed by something I said about....two or three months ago? :lol:

Another moment of Ownage™ I remember well was a GB player called Karl Pratt being OWNED by New Zealand a few years ago. I think he let it about 4 trys down his wing and he had one of those game where even the kindest person in the wolrd would be saying "Dont pick that ****ing idiot ever again!". :D

Bumble

First Grade
Ken Edwards got owned pretty badly by Hadley on Thursday night, but nowhere near the calibre of Mundine and co.

viking warrior

Juniors
1989 old trafford manchester when the all star raiders swept into a 12-0 lead only to be overhauled and well beaten by the mighty widnes! a classic case of RL ownership!!!!

I remember a letter to the SMH that Phil Gould published in early 2002. It was from someone having a belly laugh about the Roosters chances of being premiers with two "soft clowns like Cayless and Cusack as the starting props".

Latest posts