What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great way to finish a sh*t year

Suitman

Post Whore
Seriously? You're going the board over it? That'll be my excuse when I get done. "My employer didn't organise a bus." How difficult is it to realise you're probably going to drink a f**kload, drink driving is, and f**k illegal and dangerous to yourself, dangerous to other f**king people and to come up with an alternative to get home. There are those Plan B ads all over the place. I'm sure he could of rung Steve Sharp for a lift if he didn't have a cab fare

No. Mitch is responsible for his own actions. I agree with you.
But......
Mad Mondays forever end with bad news. It is time, I believe that it's taken out of the players hands. Clearly, they can't do it responsibly on their own.

Suity

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors
Seriously? You're going the board over it? That'll be my excuse when I get done. "My employer didn't organise a bus." How difficult is it to realise you're probably going to drink a f**kload, drink driving is, and f**k illegal and dangerous to yourself, dangerous to other f**king people and to come up with an alternative to get home. There are those Plan B ads all over the place. I'm sure he could of rung Steve Sharp for a lift if he didn't have a cab fare

Of course it's Mitch's f**kup 100% and if the club stood him down you'd here no argument from me . However being a high profile professional sports club during Mad Monday they are still representing the club in a way , how much would it cost us to send the clubs courtesy bus out for the day with a few minders to ensure the clubs employees are safe from themselves and the public ?

I know my employers would and always do provide an option whether it be a minibus or cabcharges when there's piss involved . Not saying that I think it's their total responsibility its just good forward thinking that I'm sure would be easy for a Leagues club to arrange .

Maybe our captain could have stepped up and made it his job to arrange and present the plans to the club since he's had plenty of time to kill .

Last edited:

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Yes I'm surprised they didn't have cabcharge vouchers.

Anyway he's going to have to pay the penalty now. We all know Ricky's tough stance on these sort of issues. He will probably carve up at whatever club he's at next year.

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors
Yes I'm surprised they didn't have cabcharge vouchers.

Anyway he's going to have to pay the penalty now. We all know Ricky's tough stance on these sort of issues. He will probably carve up at whatever club he's at next year.

I wonder if the club will take the reigns on this one since Sticky seems on the likely side to move on . Couldn't really imagine them saying to Stuart they'll give him control to punish Mitch . Now theres a legacy sack 13 blokes , re sign Tonga and deliver us a spoon .

Maroubra Eel

Coach
As much as I don't want to see Allgood sacked, we have no choice.
What sort of message would we be sending if we didn't. It's a shame but tough decisions need to be made.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Just read a letter that Maitua put on twitter. The club did provide cabs and drivers for the players to get home from Mad Monday.
This makes Allgood's driving home smashed even more stupider.

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors
As much as I don't want to see Allgood sacked, we have no choice.
What sort of message would we be sending if we didn't. It's a shame but tough decisions need to be made.

Look I'd like to know just how far over he was I guess first . If they decide to sack him then so be it but I think a first and final warning with a decent fine / suspension may be sufficient . Funnily enough I'm sure we'd go after Tamou tomorrow should he for some reason become available .

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors
Just read a letter that Maitua put on twitter. The club did provide cabs and drivers for the players to get home from Mad Monday.
This makes Allgood's driving home smashed even more stupider.

Then Mitch is a dead set moron . Guess he didn't want to leave his Gemini in Parramatta for the night .

Joely01

Bench
Dot know how to put it on here but if you like the triple m grill team Facebook page they have just uploaded a tweet of renis tonight having a dig at the media and saying mad Monday was never cancelled.

jimmy77au

Juniors
EELS forward Mitchell Allgood had "no idea" how many beers he had downed when police pulled him over for drink driving after the club's Mad Monday celebrations, a court heard this morning. The 24-year-old today pleaded guilty to mid-range drink driving for the boozy indiscretion which police revealed when he was stopped after ignoring a left-turn only sign as he drove near his Parramatta home earlier this month.
Allgood, whose season with the wooden-spoon winning Eels had ended with a loss to the Knights the previous day, told police he was looking for his girlfriend who he had gone running in Parramatta Park, according to court documents
Police said the driver had a "strong smell of intoxicating liquor" and he returned a .131 blood-alcohol level - more than two times the legal limit - when he was breath tested.
Allgood admitted he had been drinking from "some time on Sunday night" until the following evening, but he did not know how many beers he had consumed over the 24 hours, the documents said.
Several players had been drinking that day at a local hotel despite the club's outgoing coach Ricky Stuart cancelling the club's end-of-year party after the team's season whimpered to a close with its final defeat.
Allgood's lawyer Murugan Thangaraj SC said his client was yet to complete a program for offending drivers, but he wanted to be sentenced today as the footballer would be "away for some time".
But magistrate Roger Brown said there was no benefit to the program if the drunk driver didn't complete it and postponed his punishment until December.
Allgood, who was supported in court by retired Eels back Luke Burt, now a member of the club's coaching staff, had his license suspended on the spot when he was booked two weeks ago.
Eels officials previously said an internal investigation would be launched into the incident and it would consider "appropriate disciplinary action" against Allgood for the breach of both the club and NRL's codes of conduct.
"Allgood is incredibly remorseful for his actions and understands the danger he not only put himself in but also the general public," the club said in a statement shortly after the player was charged.
The incident capped a horror year for the Eels, who finished bottom of the ladder for the second season running.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...day-celebrations/story-fni3ga7r-1226725097296

Bigfella

Coach
Allgood was there because he refused to catch a cab.

Burt had to front to explain his refusal to catch a bomb in his final two years.