What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greatest Defensive Display of all time? *spoilers*

saint.nick

Coach
They're injured. Even if they had played, they wouldn't have been 100%. What could Cronk and Slater have done in our defensive 20 that would've been the difference? Munster served Slaters purpose fine and Hampton...Well yeah, he is no Cronk.

We're talking about Slater and Cronk at full fitness you muppet

saint.nick

Coach
That is the game that first came to my mind. Best defence I've ever seen. The QLD win against NSW in game one of 2005 is right up there too (QLD 2-0). NSW pounded them, just couldn't crack the line.

Dude that went to golden point. Bowen intercepted Kimmorley's pass and scored.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Great defence but this is why many of us hate the Broncos, no humility and plenty of hyperbole.

I fully expect the Broncos to be in the final 4 teams standing at least this year but I'll be cheering on their opponents hard.

Last edited:

DiegoNT

First Grade
Roosters 4-Manly 0 semi final was a better defensive effort by both sides.

At least they were both defending quality attack.

This!! Don't like either team, but that game deserved a standing ovation

DiegoNT

First Grade
That is the game that first came to my mind. Best defence I've ever seen. The QLD win against NSW in game one of 2005 is right up there too (QLD 2-0). NSW pounded them, just couldn't crack the line.

Game 1 last year is underrated for the defence, especially in the last 20 minutes by the blues. Their was desperate try Savers by both sides, and for the last 20 minutes blues held out wave after wave of try line raids by guys like Thurston, slater, smith, dce, inglis, Hodges etc.

mave

Coach
Im still confused how this game can be "the greatest defensive display of all time" when Melbourne scored 2 tries.???

The 40-nil Grand Final was a better defensive effort :sarcasm:

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Im still confused how this game can be "the greatest defensive display of all time" when Melbourne scored 2 tries.???

The 40-nil Grand Final was a better defensive effort :sarcasm:

:lol: leave it to a Moanly supporter to try and make it about them. You sure you can hear me all the way down there?

blaza88z

Coach
I have to agree, Slater and Cronk would of put 50 on us if you read some of the crap from the typical bellends on this forum

people forget we were also missing a few world class players ourselves

Ibleedblue

Juniors
One of the best defensive efforts I've seen. Although we did dodge a bullet as I think Slater and Cronk would've found some gaps at the end to do that against any team is an amazing effort especially it was in Melbourne where the Storm have a super record and the Broncos hadn't beaten the Storm since 2010 makes it even more special.

JJ

Immortal
Good effort

But, "best of all time" :lol: :crazy: not one eyed, short sighted and arrogant at all

eozsmiles

Bench
They're injured. Even if they had played, they wouldn't have been 100%. What could Cronk and Slater have done in our defensive 20 that would've been the difference? Munster served Slaters purpose fine and Hampton...Well yeah, he is no Cronk.

Breaking - Munster named to replace Slater in origin. Mal says he'll serve the purpose just fine.

Pugzley

662937-scott-sattler-todd-byrne.jpg

Greatest defensive display of all time, I reckon.