What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greenberg cleared over Tandy betting allegations

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors
I think the whole idea of using Ex-Players as video refs is that they are supposed to have a feel for the game.

If they are ex-players they had to play for some club or else we could use netballers as long as we are sure they have never watched a game of NRL :sarcasm:

I think there's enough video refs available to ensure Pattern isn't forced to do Canterbury games bud .

fourplay

Juniors
The way he stood Barba down until the smoke had cleared then rushed him back into the squad once the coast was clear changed my opinion of Greenberg . Before then I saw him as the benchmark where all CEOs needed to be and as an Eels fan I was envious of the dogs for having him , after that affair I saw him as a cunning win at all costs bullshit artist . I'm not saying the latter is bad as a NRL club CEO but it surely isn't what you want as a supposedly neutral administrator .

That's what the NRL needs. Not a Gallop who fans the flames. His skill made the Barba incident which could have been the biggest story of the year into a non-incident.

fourplay

Juniors
Yes I do think he should stand down while these allegations are investigated given the serious nature of them. Gambling by insiders in sport is a potential cancer that needs to be dealt with openly, immediately and thoroughly, not swept under the carpet or carried out in a half arsed manner. By Todd standing down and letting the integrity unit investigate it quickly would be the best outcome.

So even if he is innocent you think he should stand down anyway?

Standing down is an admission of guilt in the eyes of many.

That's what the NRL needs. Not a Gallop who fans the flames. His skill made the Barba incident which could have been the biggest story of the year into a non-incident.

Wrong. Sweeping under the rug is not the way. The chickens will always come home to roost.

Rocco

Juniors
I thought Greenberg is Jewish, why is he helping the bulltards out by getting them to win premiership?

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors

Should The Storm and Canterbury's salary cap rorting also have been made a non incident ? Or The Sharks ASADA stuff ? Hardly a skill set to bullshit to the media .

forward pass

Coach
Really should be investigated by the Integrity Unit.

It is the purpose of having such a setup so why not use it?

Do the integrity unit issue results of their investigations and any follow up??

I find it strange that no action has still been taken against Billy Slater for king-hitting a bloke in a pub in England (Captured on video). Whatever happened to that?

I know I am changing the topic but I am genuinely interested if that is the case.

Perth Red

Post Whore
re above, no case to answer from the police. It is not against the law in the UK to smack a dickhead, good law!