What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged and released by Sharks

TimmyB

Juniors
Disgusting. How anyone can thrust a broken glass at anyone's face is beyond me, let alone your girlfriend. Dirt.

Mr Saab

Referee
Another one of those "Its not his go" Thursday nights this week?

Probably....i will love to hear M Johns come to his buddys defence this time.
I seriously hope this maggot never plays in the NRL again. If guilty i hope he serves jail time with "bubba"....this time when he lays down he wont have a referee helping him.

Last edited:

Big Mick

Referee
If this is in fact true...the Sharks should sack him, and the NRL should De-register him.

If anyone says what he has done isn't worse than what Carney did...I deadset give up.

Its not as though Bird doesn't have as bad of a history as Carney...Bird is a wanker and always has been if you see him out at Northies or other nightspots in Cronula (i.e. Fusion last year where he was a complete toolbox to a girl there...funnily enough...Gasnier was there too)

Brutus

Referee
I remember when Bird got suspended for kneeing that Souths player a few years ago we were flooded with "it's not his go", "He's really a good kid" type rubbish.

The proof is in the pudding.

Mr Saab

Referee
I remember when Bird got suspended for kneeing that Souths player a few years ago we were flooded with "it's not his go", "He's really a good kid" type rubbish.

The media led that chorus....none other than M Johns.

booeycollector

Juniors
Latu wasn't refused bail, the merkin is in lock up.

Happy days!

He would have spent the night on a 2cm thick plastic mattress that has been pissed, Sh*t and vomited on by other lowlifes. He would have been covered with a old smelly blanket full of snot which some sick break and enter thief used the night before.

Reality......Greg......break the law and get bail refused and that's what you get.

If found guilty........Get rid of him

Last edited by a moderator:

Special K

Coach
:shock:

:oops:

hope the poor girl is ok

(wasn't there someone else at the unit but? i thought that was being reported?)

The Dodger

First Grade
if greg bird is found guilty, then he should be sacked imediately and de registered from the NRL.

Hell, i wouldn't even let him register anywhere, not even esl.

Apart from that, i hope the girl gets better, they were reporting that she might lose her eye. low act, if this was done purposely.

lets see how the story goes, like they say, innocent until proven guilty.

suthotroy

Juniors
The Sharks have proven they're tough on violence against women - having sacked Tevita Latu for punching a woman in May 2006.

I have no doubt the Sharks will axe Bird and the NRL will deregister him if he's proven guilty of this most-serious offence - no other punishment from the game's officials would be strong enough.

I don't believe Bird should be sacked or deregistered until the charges are dealt with in court. He should, however, be stood down from playing until then, despite what effect it might have on the club's premiership campaign.

I am horrified and disgusted at the shocking nature of the allegations. No one, let alone a woman, should be subjected to such violence.

Bird has not only once again let himself, his family, coach and teammates, and fans down - and possibly cost them a maiden premiership - he's ruined a young girl's life.

I am a Sharks fan and I won't defend anyone against such allegations.

I will remind everyone that they are only allegations at this stage, and the charge of maliciously inflicting grievous bodily harm contains a presumption against bail - that means police don't have any choice but to remand in custody a person charged with this offence. So a person's guilt cannot be drawn from the fact they've been refused police bail.

Finally, there seems to be mounting evidence of a culture of alcohol-fuelled off-field thuggery in the NRL, with players constantly finding themselves in the headlines for being in trouble with the law.

Maybe the NRL and club officials need to start tackling this problem, which is having a much bigger impact on the game's image, than issues like the $onny Bill Williams affair!

If the NRL continues to sit on its hands and not take any action to address alcohol-related incidents it will risk alienating key fan bases - primarily families and women.

mik01

Juniors
this is all the NRL needs - another Wayne Carey. 'honest, the bottle just fell out of my hands and hit her in the face' - I can hear the defence already.

good stuff wanker - at a time when the league is in a bit of crisis - you go and f*ck it by feeding the media circus fresh meat - AFL would be laughing all the way to the bank - again.

_Johnsy

Referee
I am awaiting Cronulla's response. This will be a true test of the integrity of that club. I hope they don't spew forth the pro-forma response, awaiting legal process to run it's course etc, etc. He must be sacked, and sacked now, he has no right to earn a living from us, the fans of the game. He should not play another game until this is finished. Let the NRL deal with this germ once the legal process has taken its course. Its time to act now Cronulla.

miguel de cervantes you are an absolute fuggwit, if your comments were intended to get a response then it is just a pathetic. How can anyone be apportioned any of the blame apart from Bird ?

Last edited:

lsta5838

Juniors
He would have spent the night on a 2cm thick plastic mattress that has been pissed, Sh&t and vomited on by other lowlifes. He would have been covered with a old smelly blanket full of cum, pubes and snot which some sick break and enter thief used the night before.

Reality......Greg......break the law and get bail refused and that's what you get.

If found guilty........Get rid of him

Firstly, this is terrible. I hope the girl is OK and gets perfect vision in her eye after the surgery.

In reference to your point about the matress, I have never thought about this before. But surely, there are some cleaning regulations/standards even for a jail cell?

legend

Coach
You would hace to think in light of the fact the victim is yet to be interviewed and based on what Bird has said to Police, he was charged and refused bail, a serious jail sentence would be of more concern than his playing future.

mik01

Juniors
The Sharks have proven they're tough on violence against women - having sacked Tevita Latu for punching a woman in May 2006.

I have no doubt the Sharks will axe Bird and the NRL will deregister him if he's proven guilty of this most-serious offence - no other punishment from the game's officials would be strong enough.

I don't believe Bird should be sacked or deregistered until the charges are dealt with in court. He should, however, be stood down from playing until then, despite what effect it might have on the club's premiership campaign.

I am horrified and disgusted at the shocking nature of the allegations. No one, let alone a woman, should be subjected to such violence.

Bird has not only once again let himself, his family, coach and teammates, and fans down - and possibly cost them a maiden premiership - he's ruined a young girl's life.

I am a Sharks fan and I won't defend anyone against such allegations.

I will remind everyone that they are only allegations at this stage, and the charge of maliciously inflicting grievous bodily harm contains a presumption against bail - that means police don't have any choice but to remand in custody a person charged with this offence. So a person's guilt cannot be drawn from the fact they've been refused police bail.

Finally, there seems to be mounting evidence of a culture of alcohol-fuelled off-field thuggery in the NRL, with players constantly finding themselves in the headlines for being in trouble with the law.

Maybe the NRL and club officials need to start tackling this problem, which is having a much bigger impact on the game's image, than issues like the $onny Bill Williams affair!

If the NRL continues to sit on its hands and not take any action to address alcohol-related incidents it will risk alienating key fan bases - primarily families and women.

and these are the people who decide whether little johnny plays junior league or afl, soccer whatever.

this should be stamped on like nobody's business - where's Gallop? haven't heard a knee jerk comment from him - perhaps its most warranted now? some tough talk - 'if he's guilty, the will be de-registered' type of comments?

why so silent now Gallop???????????