What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged and released by Sharks

_Johnsy

Referee
TBH Legend

Personally I could not give a rats, what happens to Birds playing future. To me it's a null point. He does not have one.

[furrycat]

Coach
If he is guilty, he'll have more worries than being de-registered because he'll be extremely lucky to avoid jail time for GBH.

As I said if he is guilty.

_Johnsy

Referee
even so, what type of fuggwit would say it given the seriousness of what has happened?

[furrycat]

Coach
even so, what type of fuggwit would say it given the seriousness of what has happened?

Get off your high horse. We all appreciate the seriousness of what happened, it doesn't make effnic any less concerned just because he made a little joke...

booeycollector

Juniors
Firstly, this is terrible. I hope the girl is OK and gets perfect vision in her eye after the surgery.

In reference to your point about the matress, I have never thought about this before. But surely, there are some cleaning regulations/standards even for a jail cell?

The police holding cells are not very well looked after........he may have stayed overnight in police custody or held in Corrective Services custody at Surry Hills or similar (not sure of the setup at miranda) or he may have been remanded to MRRC at Silverwater. It depends. All I know is that the police cells are cleaned occasionally but I wouldn't want to spend 1 second in a cell.

Special K

Coach
You would hace to think in light of the fact the victim is yet to be interviewed and based on what Bird has said to Police, he was charged and refused bail, a serious jail sentence would be of more concern than his playing future.
I will remind everyone that they are only allegations at this stage, and the charge of maliciously inflicting grievous bodily harm contains a presumption against bail - that means police don't have any choice but to remand in custody a person charged with this offence. So a person's guilt cannot be drawn from the fact they've been refused police bail.

birdy cried after origin and this is a lot more serious. bet he is busting out the tissues!

yeah. poor comments.

i think its the end of bird regardless. even if the victim says it wsnt him, or it was an accident. (how it could be an accident is beyond me) there will always be lingering doubt about the guy.

really, i think only video evidence of the crime showing him not to be the perpitrator will be enough to change public perception of him and let him keep his job.

hes f**ked IMO.

and good riddance to him if its true.

Sludge would be turning in his grave.

Snoz

Juniors
he is also being charged for another assult on a girl in january this year - i wonder if it was kate and she is now unloading on him.

there will be more to this story - without spelling it out but i don't think greg bird would do this sort of thing unless he had something in his blood stream !!!!

_Johnsy

Referee
No saab, got it loud and clear. I fail to see the need to make that comment, obviously you did. Hasthis type of thing has never happened to anyone/woman you know, probably not. But that makes it ok.

Furry

I just think it is in very poor taste to make a joke about a woman suffering this type of injury, based on her relationship to the male.

Mr Saab

Referee
No saab, got it loud and clear. I fail to see the need to make that comment, obviously you did. Easy to see this typew of thing has never happened to anyone you know. But that makes it ok.

Did you read what i typed in previous posts in this thread? Obviously not.
Merkin.

Latest posts