What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Q

Coach
I think this mate of yours who is giving you the poop on what it's like to be in a remand centre is giving you a typical biased and one way view of things Dave Q.

I've worked in the remand centre for the last 10 years and you've so far given quite a few inaccuracies based on what your buddy tells you.

Oh and we used to have open days but they had to be canned due to the rock spiders getting off on having kids come through the centre

It's too good for them in there actually

It seems to me that you are speaking from a biased and one way perspective as well Frenzy.

You mention innacurracies but you stop short of providing even one example.

And do you think its a bad idea for the kids to see what prison is like?

Are remand centres safe? Pigs fly too.

But I agree that the rockys can be castrated for all I care. In China they exterminate them.

Last edited:

Frenzy.

Post Whore
It seems to me that you are speaking from a biased and one way perspective as well Frenzy.

No Dave I'm talking from the perspective of someone who has actually been working inside for longer than the average sentence served.

You mention innacurracies but you stop short of providing even one example.

That'd be because I can't. People here know who I am you see. It is forbidden to talk about what happens inside if you are an employee working in a prison. I'd tell you 1 on 1 where it would be deniable hearsay if you wanted to cause me shyte but NEVER on an internet board.

And do you think its a bad idea for the kids to see what prison is like?

I know it's a bad idea. What they would see would be a sanitised version with only the "best" bits available for "viewing". I know that because I used to have to participate in "running the tour". Nothing negative is allowed to be related to visitors and there's nothing to see going through a wing with all the inmates locked up in their cells.

Are remand centres safe? Pigs fly too.

Who said they were? Who says they are more or less safe than sentenced prisons? Who says they are less safe than walking the streets of say..........Redfern?

But I agree that the rockys can be castrated for all I care. In China they exterminate them.

Agree with who?

Frenzy.

Post Whore

millersnose

Post Whore
for the record i know frenzy and know where he works dave...for years

as do many others here

you would be well advised to drop that particular line

DJDL

Bench
Courtroom 5.2
DPP CALLOVER @ 9.30AM
Before: CHIEF MAGISTRATE HENSON
Police CAN List
List No.________ Defendant_______________ ___Time
5_______________ALLEN, JEREMY__________________09:30
9_______________ATIYAS, MERHAV________________09:30
10______________BATISTA, DAVID QUITAL_________ 09:30
12______________BIRD, GREG____________________09:30

http://www.lawlink.nsw.gov.au/court...5b5ff6cf17d30d7cca2574d600790f36?OpenDocument

That's what I thought. The date I've read has changed at random from the whole get go. I thought originally it was "2 days after the GF", then it was 8th October, then all of a sudden a couple of weeks ago everyone is talking about the 9th.

Dave Q

Coach
No Dave I'm talking from the perspective of someone who has actually been working inside for longer than the average sentence served.

Experiences differ, you have to deal with that Frenzy. You havent been locked up, your experience is different to those who are incarcerated.

That'd be because I can't. People here know who I am you see. It is forbidden to talk about what happens inside if you are an employee working in a prison. I'd tell you 1 on 1 where it would be deniable hearsay if you wanted to cause me shyte but NEVER on an internet board.

I am not interested in causing you problems Frenzy.

I know it's a bad idea. What they would see would be a sanitised version with only the "best" bits available for "viewing". I know that because I used to have to participate in "running the tour". Nothing negative is allowed to be related to visitors and there's nothing to see going through a wing with all the inmates locked up in their cells.

I disagree, these tours have been succesful in the USA.

Who said they were? Who says they are more or less safe than sentenced prisons? Who says they are less safe than walking the streets of say..........Redfern?

Probably more safe than walking through redfern, but still dangerous. Put a lot of criminals and alleged criminals together and thats an unsafe environment.

Agree with who?

WIth you if I read you correctly.

Convicted rock spiders, they should castrate them yesterday.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
With you if I read you correctly.

Convicted rock spiders, they should castrate them yesterday.

You read incorrectly. I don't like words being put into my mouth thanks Dave.

Frenzy said:
It's too good for them in there actually

I was referring to all villains.

I am not interested in causing you problems Frenzy

That's good Dave but I don't know you, therefore I don't have reason to trust you. I know who I trust here, people I know personally, and they are few and far between. Unlike people I have met, you are just a user name to me. I'm sure you understand that.

I disagree, these tours have been succesful in the USA.

:lol: Disagree all you want Dave. Been there, done it. It doesn't work and it only serves to possibly expose children to trauma they don't need. Fear is a poor tool to get compliance.

Sharkie73

Bench
You read incorrectly. I don't like words being put into my mouth thanks Dave.

I was referring to all villains.

That's good Dave but I don't know you, therefore I don't have reason to trust you. I know who I trust here, people I know personally, and they are few and far between. Unlike people I have met, you are just a user name to me. I'm sure you understand that.

:lol: Disagree all you want Dave. Been there, done it. It doesn't work and it only serves to possibly expose children to trauma they don't need. Fear is a poor tool to get compliance.

Sorry Dave but I'm with Frenzy on this one!!! I'm in the same boat as Frenz and from my own experiance you should listen to people who have been there and done it, like the both of us!! I have personally been involved with one of these tours, there not worth the time or effort.

warren

Juniors

haha really? i went on one of these tours when i was at school
and i did some of my prac at the bay for uni - and the fear thing frieken worked for me :lol:

Dave Q

Coach
If you think you know all there is to know on the topic Frenzy, then it seems to me that its unlikely that a username is not going to change that.

I prefer to keep an open mind.

shintaro

Juniors
he pisses on ppl, not smash em in the face with objects

If you're referring to Bird, what you think happened and what actually happened is very different.
Prejudging people is a silly thing to do, especially on the papers say so.
I am confident he will be playing with the Sharks next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts